Connect with us

Top News

Putin says Russian Navy to get hypersonic nuclear strike weapons

Published

on

Putin says Russian Navy to get hypersonic nuclear strike weapons

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed on Sunday the Russian Navy would be armed with hypersonic nuclear strike weapons and underwater nuclear drones, which the defence ministry reported had been in their remaining section of screening.

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin inspects warships prior to the Navy Working day parade in Saint Petersburg, Russia July 26, 2020. Sputnik/Alexei Druzhinin/Kremlin via REUTERS

Putin, who states he does not want an arms race, has usually spoken of a new technology of Russian nuclear weapons that he claims are unequalled and can hit almost everywhere in the globe. Some Western gurus have questioned how superior they are.

The weapons, some of which have yet to be deployed, contain the Poseidon underwater nuclear drone, made to be carried by submarines, and the Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile, which can be deployed on surface area ships.

The mixture of speed, manoeuvrability and altitude of hypersonic missiles, able of travelling at a lot more than 5 times the pace of audio, makes them tricky to monitor and intercept.

Talking in St Petersburg at an once-a-year naval parade that showcases Russia’s very best ships, nuclear submarines and naval aviation, Putin stated the navy’s abilities were being rising and it would get 40 new vessels this yr.

He did not specify when it would get new hypersonic weapons, but suggested that working day was drawing closer.

“The widespread deployment of sophisticated electronic technologies that have no equals in the globe, like hypersonic strike units and underwater drones, will give the fleet unique strengths and increased combat capabilities,” Putin claimed.

See also  Mexican President López Obrador flew commercial to visit Trump. This is how it works

In a separate statement introduced by way of Russian information agencies, the defence ministry mentioned screening of the Belgorod, the first submarine able of carrying the Poseidon drones, was underway and testing of the weapons units was nearing completion.

“Work is being productively concluded to produce modern-day weapons techniques for the Navy,” it was cited as indicating.

Putin last year threatened to deploy hypersonic missiles on ships and submarines that could lurk outside U.S. territorial waters if the United States moved to deploy intermediate-assortment nuclear weapons in Europe.

Washington has not deployed such missiles in Europe, but Moscow is fearful it may well.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese tennis player Gonçalo Oliveira in the doubles final of the Lisbon Belém Open

Published

on

Portuguese coach praises the development of women's handball after the Iberian duel

Oliveira and Kolar defeated France’s Manuel Guinard and Venezuela’s Luis David Martínez in the semi-finals for first place in the series, in straight sets with partial scores of 6-1 and 6-2 after 58 minutes of play.

In the title match, they will take on the Ukrainian duo of Vladislav Manafov and Oleg Prikhodko, who eliminated Jivan Nedunchezhyan of India and Christopher Rungkat of Indonesia 6-4 and 6-2 in the semi-finals.

For the 27-year-old Portuguese tennis player, this will be his 31st doubles final at the ATP Challenger Tour and third at the Lisboa Belém Open after reaching the final in 2017 with compatriot Frederico Gil and champion in 2020 with Dominican Roberto Cid Subervi.

In singles, Italian Marco Cecchinato, semi-finalist of Roland Garros in 2018, beat Spaniard Carlos Taberner 7-6 (7-2) and 6-4, scheduling a meeting in the semi-final with the “Reserve” Kazakh Timofey Skatov, responsible for eliminating Frenchman Benoit Pera, in three matches, with a score of 6-4, 2-6 and 7-5.

The other semi-final of the Lisbon tournament will be discussed between Austrian Filip Mizolich, who defeated Giulio Zeppieri 6-4 today, and Frenchman Luca van Assche, the executioner of compatriot Alexander Müller, who finished seventh. parts 6-4 and 7-5.

See also  Portugal: discrimination against Brazilians is growing - 08/09/2022 - World
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese fund CA Património Crescente wins European award for highest return – Imobiliário

Published

on

Portuguese fund CA Património Crescente wins European award for highest return - Imobiliário

Open-ended real estate investment fund CA Património Crescente has once again received the MSCI European Property Investment Awards in the Diversified Portfolio category for 2021.

This is the 12th time that the Portuguese fund, established in 2005, has received this award, which distinguishes the national real estate portfolio with the best return. In 2021, CA Património Crescente’s real estate portfolio returned 7.8%, compared to 6.3% in the benchmark.

The largest share of real estate income was received through shopping centers and offices: 8.7% and 8.6% respectively, according to the Portuguese fund Negócios, which at the end of August had a portfolio of 141 assets worth 1,031 million euros.

CA Património Crescente is one of the six funds managed by Square Asset Management, with Grupo Crédito Agrícola being the custodian bank and responsible for its marketing and investments mainly in real estate destined for trade, offices, services, industry, logistics or hotels.

The CA Património Crescente fund returned an annualized return of 5.1% in April, which declined slightly to 4.23% after two years, rising to 4.72% after three years and 4.74% after five years. . The average ten-year yield was 3.95%.

Square AM was also once again awarded by Euromoney, which recognizes major leaders in real estate financial products and services, as the “Best Investment Manager” of 2022.

Square AM has been on the market for 17 years and is one of the largest real estate fund managers in Portugal with €1.3 billion in assets and over 25,000 investors.

See also  Portugal: discrimination against Brazilians is growing - 08/09/2022 - World
Continue Reading

Top News

Benfica announces a partnership with Portuguese driver Miguel Santiago.

Published

on

Benfica announces a partnership with Portuguese driver Miguel Santiago.



Young competes at the National Speed ​​Championship and the FIM GP Junior World Championship.

Benfica have announced a partnership with driver Miguel Santiago, a Portuguese driver who works in the National Speed ​​Championship and the FIM Junior World Championship. Santi, who started taking his first steps in motorsport in 2016, was pleased with someone during the presentation. “The dream has come true! When I was little, before riding motorcycles, I played football, went to Benfica’s school in Mafra, I always dreamed of becoming a Benfica athlete. I never thought! A few years ago, if you had asked me, I would have said no, I believed that one day I would be here, it is a great pride. I have no words. I just hope to reach the goals, glorify the club. I have the race, the desire and the ambition.” , repeated the 18-year-old BTV pilot.

Miguel Santiago is thinking about becoming the queen of motorcycle racing.

“In recent years, the FIM Junior GP has attracted many riders to the Moto GP where 20 out of 24 riders [que participam] come from this contest. Participation in Moto GP is considered the greatest school of prodigies, I am proud to be there and so close to the level of Moto GP,” he said.

Flavio Miguel Silva


four

leave your comment

See also  John Bolton's book: China likes it because it's embarrassing Donald Trump, but not the part about Xi Jinping
Continue Reading

Trending