Connect with us

Top News

Provisional President of Bolivia Jeanine Añez tested positive for the corona virus

Published

on

Provisional President of Bolivia Jeanine Añez tested positive for the corona virus

Añez announced on Twitter that he had contracted the virus and he would be quarantined for 14 days. The announcement came after Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro and Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández also announced that they had been infected with Covid-19.

“Together with my whole team, we have been working for Bolivian families so far. And since last week many of them tested positive for the corona virus, I tested and also tested positive. I will be in quarantine for about 14 days until I have a test just to see how I’m doing, “he said in a video posted to his official Twitter account.

“I feel good, I feel strong. I will continue to work virtually from my isolation and I want to thank all Bolivians who work to help in this health crisis we have. Together we will move forward. May God bless you.”

At least four Bolivian government officials have tested positive in recent days, including Health Minister María Eidy Roca, Presidential Minister Yerko Núñez Negrette, Mining Minister Jorge Fernando Oropeza, and armed forces commander, General Sergio Orellana.

In Venezuela, Diosdado Cabello, seen as the second person in the country, also announced Thursday he tested positive.

The pandemic epicenter shifted to Latin America in late May and the virus has spread rapidly throughout the region. Brazil and Mexico have reported very high numbers of cases and deaths. Brazil has more than 1.7 million cases and more than 69,000 deaths, second only to the two actions.

Cases in Latin America have contributed significantly to the recent record increase in the number of cases.

See also  “We have opportunities, but we do not consider ourselves the best,” says the Portuguese creative

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese plan to save energy, explosions on Russian gas pipelines and other TSF events

Published

on

Portuguese plan to save energy, explosions on Russian gas pipelines and other TSF events

Details of the energy saving plan laid out by the government were released on Tuesday. The document, published in Diário da República, includes measures for the efficient use of water, public lighting and temperature limits in air conditioners.

For example, from December 6, 2022 to January 6, 2023, Christmas lighting in Portugal should only be on from 18:00 to 24:00.

Continue Reading

Top News

The abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad will not be accepted by parliament, MP says – Observer

Published

on

The abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad will not be accepted by parliament, MP says - Observer

According to Socialist MP Paulo Pisco, the views of the BE, PCP and PAN on the abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad were voted on Tuesday in a parliamentary committee.

The Committee on Foreign Affairs and Portuguese Communities voted on Tuesday in favor of four projects – from the Left Bloc, the Communist Party of Portugal, “People-Animal-Nature” and “Enough”, which mainly advocate the abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad and free school textbooks.

According to Paulo Pisco, a socialist member of the commission, the opinions of the BE, PKP and PAN were approved, but Chega’s opinion deserved to be abstained from the PS because it contained “xenophobic elements” in its purpose.

The MP had in mind, in particular, the recipients of this teaching, which is currently intended not only for the Portuguese or the descendants of the Portuguese, but also for those who want to learn the Portuguese language, with which Chega allegedly disagrees, according to Paulo Pisco. .

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

After the approval of these opinions, the abolition of the bribe would be discussed and voted on in the plenary session of the Assembly of the Republic, but Paulo Pisco said that they should not be approved, since the “commitment” of the government is different.

“The government’s obligation is to reduce the burden of the Portuguese” and this will always be determined “in every approved state budget”.

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese health minister rejects conflict of interest over marriage to president

Published

on

The health minister said there was no conflict of interest in her marriage to the current chairman of the Order of Dietitians, saying that the trusteeship of that body had been delegated to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion.


Portugal Digital with Lusa



“Honestly, I don’t think it exists. I have no doubt that this Lady Secretary of State will fill this leadership role,” Manuel Pizarro said on Monday (age 26) on the sidelines of the Pharmacist’s Day celebrations in Sintra, in the Lisbon area.

Aware of the possible conflict of interest, Manuel Pizarro explained that he took “the most appropriate measure (…)”, which was to entrust the functions of guardianship of the Order of Nutritionists to Margarida Tavares.”

“(…) Since I took office as a minister, I have been aware that, since professional organizations have an administrative oversight role, (…) there is a risk of conflict of interest, and I have taken the measures that seem to me the most appropriate, which from the very decided at the outset that he would delegate this oversight function over the Order of Nutritionists to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion,” he stressed.

When asked about the reasons why Margarida Tavares’ name still does not appear in the Diário da República, the official said that “it was necessary to wait for the inauguration of the secretaries of state” and then “to organize the whole process of delegation of authority.” .

“It’s even a good chance that there is a Secretary of State for Health Promotion. I think custody of the Order of Dietitians has been well handed over to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion,” he repeated, noting that “he definitely won’t go through the Minister’s order.” [da Saúde]”.

See also  UFC champion, Jon Jones, is willing to sit until he is paid

“If the secretary of state is responsible for this, it should not go through the minister,” he stressed.

Manuel Pizarro’s statements came after news that the government official may have a conflict of interest because he is married to the chairman of the Order of Dietitians, Alexandra Bento.

The Order of Dietitians was created in 2011 with the approval of the current Minister of Health, who at the time served as Secretary of State for Health.

In addition, Alexandra Bento was the only President of the Order of Occupational Health to attend the inauguration of Manuel Pizarro on 10 September.

Continue Reading

Trending