Connect with us

Top News

North Korea’s Covid-19 response has been a “shining success,” claims Kim Jong Un

Published

on

North Korea's Covid-19 response has been a "shining success," claims Kim Jong Un

Kim said at a meeting of famous politicians that they had stopped the new corona virus from making inroads into a largely closed country, North Korean state media reported.

“We have completely prevented the entry of a virulent virus and maintained a stable anti-epidemic situation in spite of the world health crisis, which was a resounding success,” state news agency KCNA said on Friday.

However, Kim also sentenced officials for being complacent because the global health crisis has not subsided.

“Haste aid from anti-epidemic measures will result in an unimaginable and irreparable crisis,” Kim said, according to the report.

Images released by KCNA from the meeting showed Kim leading dozens of officials who did not appear to practice social distance. Nobody is shown wearing a mask.

But diplomatic sources based in Pyongyang say on the streets, everyone wears a mask and practices some form of social distance. Life has largely returned to normal in the North Korean capital, they said, and construction sites, shops and hotels are all open. Schools there reopened in June, a source said.

The source said that apparently North Korean officials believed they had a controlled virus, at least in Pyongyang, even though one source said he had not heard of anyone being tested.

The meeting was Kim’s first public appearance in a few weeks. The young North Korean leader has in the past few years kept a very busy schedule full of public events, but in the past three months he has maintained a surprisingly low profile.

The chaos in Korea saw Kim Jong Un's sister appear stronger than before
NK News, which tracks the public appearances of the country’s top officials, said Kim only appeared 7 times in public in April, May and June this year. During the same time period in 2018 and 2019, he appeared in public 45 and 46 times, respectively.
Kim’s absence sparked rampant speculation about his health – he was very unhealthy for a man in his mid-30s – and whether a group of cases had arisen in North Korea. Some analysts think he might be protected from the general public if the virus began to spread throughout North Korea.

More than 10.8 million people across the planet have contracted a new corona virus, and more than half a million people have died from the virus. Every country in East Asia has reported at least one Covid-19 case – except North Korea.

See also  Twitter accounts of Joe Biden, Elon Musk, Invoice Gates, Apple and others seemingly hacked

In a statement emailed to CNN, the representative of the World Health Organization in North Korea, Dr. Edwin Salvador, said that 922 people in the country had been tested for the virus, all of which were declared negative. North Korea’s population may be around 25 million, although the exact number is unclear because Pyongyang does not make demographic information publicly available.

Salvador said that since the pandemic began 25,551 people had been quarantined and then released. Some 255 people – all North Korean citizens – are still quarantined, he said. Salvador said that schools across the country had reopened, and students were required to wear masks

Independent public health experts say it is highly unlikely that the virus will enter the country in any form. One of the most likely scenarios is that the virus might enter through the northern border with China, where smuggling is common. The Coronavirus cluster was identified in northeast China, including one in Jilin province in May.

Salvador said that even though the border was closed, goods sent to North Korea were disinfected and then quarantined for 10 days.

Experts believe North Korea will be very vulnerable to the Covid-19 outbreak because of poor health care infrastructure, and previous questions have been raised about Pyongyang’s testing capacity. Salvador said that North Korea had 235 rapid response teams throughout the country who were ready to handle the case and 15 laboratories that had been appointed for Covid-19 testing. Authorities in North Korea have begun using infrared thermometers to carry out temperature checks in public places, where masks are mandatory. Public gatherings have been banned.
“The ministry’s national protocol is based on WHO guidelines for responding to every suspected case of COVID-19. All suspected cases (mild, moderate or severe) are quarantined in the area or provincial hospital designated for management and there is no home quarantine for people suspected of suffering mild disease, cases, “he said in a statement.

See also  Drew Bledsoe sells special Oregon compounds for $ 5.6 million

While many are worried that the North Korean health care system will be overwhelmed by the potential of a pandemic, the country is also rather well placed to prevent the virus from penetrating its borders. North Korea stopped allowing people to enter when the pandemic first appeared a few months ago, and people at home don’t enjoy the freedom to move as they please. Cacat said the average North Korean was not permitted to travel far from home without government approval.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Mario Ferreira is a Portuguese businessman. Banco de Fomento and the Ministry of Economy are not police officers,” says Costa Silva.
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Ennio Morricone: Oscar-winning film composer died at the age of 91

Continue Reading

Trending