Connect with us

Top News

McDonald’s stopped planning to reopen the US amid coronavirus waves

Published

on

McDonald's stopped planning to reopen the US amid coronavirus waves

McDonald’s has abandoned plans to reopen its dining room amid a surge in coronavirus infection.

The fast food giant will not continue dining services at US restaurants again for three weeks as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to increase, the company said in a letter Wednesday.

“This surge shows that no one is free of this virus – even places that previously had very few cases,” wrote McDonald’s US President Joe Erlinger and Mark Salebra, chairman of the National Franchise Leadership Alliance, wrote in the letter, according to CNBC.

“Going forward, we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary to protect the safety of our employees and customers.”

Around 2,200 of the 14,000 McDonald’s locations in the US have reopened their dining room, and dinner service can continue in places where possible, according to The Wall Street Journal, who first reported the plan.

The move was taken when several states ordered restaurants and bars to close down or reduce services when they were struggling with a surge in infections. The US on Wednesday recorded more than 50,000 COVID-19 cases for the first time since the pandemic began, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

McDonald’s comparable global sales fell nearly 30 percent year-on-year in April and May because most of its restaurants are limited to freight, delivery and delivery services, the company said in June 16 regulations. filing.

The Chicago-based chain announced plans last month to employ around 260,000 restaurant employees this summer when the US began to emerge from its economic lockdown. It is uncertain how the pause at the reopening of the dining room will affect the plan.

See also  Belarus President dismissed Covid-19 as 'psychosis,' now suggests he is experienced it

With Post Wires

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese tennis player Gonçalo Oliveira in the doubles final of the Lisbon Belém Open

Published

on

Portuguese coach praises the development of women's handball after the Iberian duel

Oliveira and Kolar defeated France’s Manuel Guinard and Venezuela’s Luis David Martínez in the semi-finals for first place in the series, in straight sets with partial scores of 6-1 and 6-2 after 58 minutes of play.

In the title match, they will take on the Ukrainian duo of Vladislav Manafov and Oleg Prikhodko, who eliminated Jivan Nedunchezhyan of India and Christopher Rungkat of Indonesia 6-4 and 6-2 in the semi-finals.

For the 27-year-old Portuguese tennis player, this will be his 31st doubles final at the ATP Challenger Tour and third at the Lisboa Belém Open after reaching the final in 2017 with compatriot Frederico Gil and champion in 2020 with Dominican Roberto Cid Subervi.

In singles, Italian Marco Cecchinato, semi-finalist of Roland Garros in 2018, beat Spaniard Carlos Taberner 7-6 (7-2) and 6-4, scheduling a meeting in the semi-final with the “Reserve” Kazakh Timofey Skatov, responsible for eliminating Frenchman Benoit Pera, in three matches, with a score of 6-4, 2-6 and 7-5.

The other semi-final of the Lisbon tournament will be discussed between Austrian Filip Mizolich, who defeated Giulio Zeppieri 6-4 today, and Frenchman Luca van Assche, the executioner of compatriot Alexander Müller, who finished seventh. parts 6-4 and 7-5.

See also  The Fall of Coronavirus: a wave of foreclosures linked to PACE loans
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese fund CA Património Crescente wins European award for highest return – Imobiliário

Published

on

Portuguese fund CA Património Crescente wins European award for highest return - Imobiliário

Open-ended real estate investment fund CA Património Crescente has once again received the MSCI European Property Investment Awards in the Diversified Portfolio category for 2021.

This is the 12th time that the Portuguese fund, established in 2005, has received this award, which distinguishes the national real estate portfolio with the best return. In 2021, CA Património Crescente’s real estate portfolio returned 7.8%, compared to 6.3% in the benchmark.

The largest share of real estate income was received through shopping centers and offices: 8.7% and 8.6% respectively, according to the Portuguese fund Negócios, which at the end of August had a portfolio of 141 assets worth 1,031 million euros.

CA Património Crescente is one of the six funds managed by Square Asset Management, with Grupo Crédito Agrícola being the custodian bank and responsible for its marketing and investments mainly in real estate destined for trade, offices, services, industry, logistics or hotels.

The CA Património Crescente fund returned an annualized return of 5.1% in April, which declined slightly to 4.23% after two years, rising to 4.72% after three years and 4.74% after five years. . The average ten-year yield was 3.95%.

Square AM was also once again awarded by Euromoney, which recognizes major leaders in real estate financial products and services, as the “Best Investment Manager” of 2022.

Square AM has been on the market for 17 years and is one of the largest real estate fund managers in Portugal with €1.3 billion in assets and over 25,000 investors.

See also  Dow Jones Industrial Common Soars Following Goldman Sachs Earnings, Moderna Vaccine News
Continue Reading

Top News

Benfica announces a partnership with Portuguese driver Miguel Santiago.

Published

on

Benfica announces a partnership with Portuguese driver Miguel Santiago.



Young competes at the National Speed ​​Championship and the FIM GP Junior World Championship.

Benfica have announced a partnership with driver Miguel Santiago, a Portuguese driver who works in the National Speed ​​Championship and the FIM Junior World Championship. Santi, who started taking his first steps in motorsport in 2016, was pleased with someone during the presentation. “The dream has come true! When I was little, before riding motorcycles, I played football, went to Benfica’s school in Mafra, I always dreamed of becoming a Benfica athlete. I never thought! A few years ago, if you had asked me, I would have said no, I believed that one day I would be here, it is a great pride. I have no words. I just hope to reach the goals, glorify the club. I have the race, the desire and the ambition.” , repeated the 18-year-old BTV pilot.

Miguel Santiago is thinking about becoming the queen of motorcycle racing.

“In recent years, the FIM Junior GP has attracted many riders to the Moto GP where 20 out of 24 riders [que participam] come from this contest. Participation in Moto GP is considered the greatest school of prodigies, I am proud to be there and so close to the level of Moto GP,” he said.

Flavio Miguel Silva


four

leave your comment

See also  Portuguese government stresses importance of "civil alarm" with Mozambique
Continue Reading

Trending