Connect with us

Top News

Mary Trump’s book: Judge temporarily blocked the publication of the tell-all book by President Trump’s niece

Published

on

Mary Trump's book: Judge temporarily blocked the publication of the tell-all book by President Trump's niece

The verdict issued by Judge Hal B. Greenwald of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, the state trial court, was the first legal victory for Robert S. Trump, the younger brother of the President. Robert Trump has tried to block the book by Mary Trump, the President’s nephew, argues that it violates the confidentiality agreement relating to the assets of the President’s father, Fred Trump.

“Robert Trump is very pleased with the New York Supreme Court’s order of Mary Trump and Simon & Schuster,” Charles Harder, Robert Trump’s lawyer, said in a statement.

Calling the actions of Mary Trump and Simon & Schuster “despicable,” Harder added that he hoped to “passionately submit this case.”

“Short of corrective action to immediately stop their terrible behavior, we will pursue this case to the end,” Harder said.

In addition to his work for Robert Trump, Harder has a history of filing lawsuits against news organizations on behalf of President Trump. The lawsuits have been dismissed by legal experts because public relations are hampered with little chance of success in court.

Ted Boutrous, a famous First Amendment attorney who represented Mary Trump, and who also represented CNN on past issues, said the order “violently violated the First Amendment.”

“We will immediately appeal,” Boutrous said. “This book, which addresses issues of public interest and importance about the president who is sitting in the election year, should not be suppressed even for one day.”

Adam Rothberg, a spokesman for Simon & Schuster, said in a statement that the company was “disappointed” in the court’s decision.

See also  Portuguese doctor wins court case after receiving racist abuse during consultation - National

“We plan to immediately appeal this decision to the Appeals Division, and hope to win in this case based on established precedents regarding previous restraints,” Rothberg said.

Simon & Schuster described Mary Trump’s book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the Most Dangerous Man in the World,” as “the authoritative, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the poisonous family that made it.”

The book is the fourth best-selling book on Amazon Tuesday afternoon.

The book, the publisher said, would shine a “bright light on the dark history of their families to explain how his uncle became a man who now threatens health, economic security, and the world social order.”

Tuesday’s ruling came after a judge for the Queens County Substitute Court in New York last week rejected a similar attempt to block the book, citing lack of jurisdiction.

After the case was dropped, Robert Trump took his case to the New York State Court.

Robert Trump believes that as part of the litigation related to Fred Trump’s will, a settlement was reached that included confidentiality provisions. That provision, according to Robert Trump, has been agreed by all parties, including Mary Trump.

The Trump administration has recently taken legal action in an attempt to block the book of John Bolton, a former national security adviser.

But a federal judge denied the Justice Department’s motion, writing in his ruling that Bolton’s book had been widely distributed and that the court “will not order the confiscation and destruction of political memoirs nationally.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support



Cristiano Ronaldo got a cut on his nose and needed a bandage (Photo: MICHAL CIZEK / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

Gratitude. It seems that the attacker Cristiano Ronaldo shared his social media with Portuguese fans after a clash with Czech goalkeeper Vaclik. In the auction, the assailant received a cut on his face and needed a bandage to stop the bleeding.

“Great game, important team win! We remain focused on our goal. Thanks to the Portuguese public for the fantastic support,” the striker wrote on his Instagram account.

The match was marked by a great performance Portugal national team, who beat the Czech Republic 4-0 to take the lead in Nations League Group 2 with ten points with one matchday to go in the group stage of the tournament. Cristiano Ronaldo ended up losing to his team.

After the match, the leader of the Portuguese national team appreciated the result achieved on the road. “It was a very important victory and all teammates should be congratulated on the result,” commented the 37-year-old striker.

With three wins, one draw and one defeat, the Portuguese team has the best attack in their group with eleven goals scored and a net difference of nine. The team is one draw away from qualifying for the tournament series. The next match against Spain is next Tuesday in the city of Braga.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Hot Property: Chris Pontius from 'Jackass' sells the Nichols Canyon house
Continue Reading

Top News

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Published

on

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Writing with Lusa

Tournament of the second European circuit.

Thomas Gouveia solidified his status as the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge this Saturday by finishing the penultimate day of the second European round robin in a group of 31st placed golfers.

Thomas Gouveia hit the card with 73 shots, one over par on the course, after two birdies (one under par hole) and three bogeys (one over), after making 71 shots in the previous two days for a total of 215.

Thomas Bessa needed 75 hits, three over par and tied for scarecrows, he finished 48th with 218 total, five short of Vitor Lopez, 60th with 223, after today needs 78, with just one bird . to fit five scarecrows and a double scarecrow.

The Swiss Challenge, which concludes on Sunday in Folgensburg, France, is still led by France’s Chung Veon Ko with a total of 206 shots, one short of Denmark’s Martin Simonsen in second place.

See also  Hot Property: Chris Pontius from 'Jackass' sells the Nichols Canyon house
Continue Reading

Top News

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Published

on

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira (KTM) qualified this Saturday in eighth position at the Japanese MotoGP Grand Prix, 16th of 20 races of the season, despite a last-minute crash.

The Portuguese from the Austrian brand set his best lap of 1.55.895 minutes, finishing 0.681 seconds behind fastest Spaniard Marc Marquez (Honda). France’s Johann Zarco (Ducati) was second with 0.208 seconds and South African Brad Binder (KTM) was third with 0.323 seconds.

“I had good speed and potential in the second quarter and on this particular lap. [a última], but I was on the floor in the ninth turn. It was a shame, but I have confidence in tomorrow (Sunday),” commented the Portuguese rider in statements released by the KTM team. “It was difficult to prepare for the race, but we’ll see.” [o que vai acontecer]”- concluded Miguel Oliveira.

The Portuguese left the third row of the grid after falling just three minutes before the end of the session, marred by rain that caused a delay of more than an hour and had already forced the cancellation of the third free game. training session, at night. The fall of the Portuguese rider occurred in the third sector of the track, at a time when his results were improving. When 15 minutes of this second qualifying stage (Q2) ended, Oliveira finished in fourth place.

However, several riders were still halfway to the last lap and the Almada rider ended up being overtaken by Spaniards Jorge Martin (Ducati), Brad Binder and Aprilia Spaniards Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales.

See also  Death of George Floyd: Minnesota sends 500 National Guard troops

Pole position was won by Marc Marquez 1,071 days after he was the fastest in qualifying for the MotoGP World Championship, namely the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix.

“I am very pleased with the pole position. This morning I felt very strong on the wet track and decided to give it a try. This is very important for us and for the future. Tomorrow, on a dry surface, everything will be different. history,” said the Spanish rider, who has already become world champion eight times.

The rain that hit the Motegi track became a headache for the riders and the organization, which was forced to interrupt the Moto2 qualifying nine minutes before the end and cancel the third free practice in MotoGP.

Traffic on the track only resumed after more than an hour, and the wet track was the cause of several accidents, including that of a Portuguese KTM rider who slid off the pavement without physical consequences.

Johann Zarco’s Ducati was the fastest today, reaching 302 kilometers per hour, while Oliveira’s KTM lost 30 kilometers per hour in a straight line (the maximum speed achieved by the Portuguese was 270 kilometers per hour). Luca Marini’s Ducati was the slowest, reaching 255.9 kilometers per hour, leaving the Italian in 10th place.

Champion and championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) of France finished ninth behind Miguel Oliveira, while World Cup runner-up Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati) of Italy finished 12th and last in the second quarter, bringing together the top 10 fastest in free practice and the top two in the first quarter.

See also  Are living updates from all around the globe

Already the Italian Enea Bastianini (Ducati), the winner of the previous stage in Aragon, remained in Q1, where he fell without physical consequences.

Continue Reading

Trending