Connect with us

Top News

Human remains identified as missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen, family lawyer said

Published

on

Human remains identified as missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen, family lawyer said

Guillen, 20, has been missing since April and was last seen in his barracks parking lot at Fort Hood on April 22, according to the US Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID). His body was found on 30 June.

Guillen was beaten to death with a hammer in the armory room where he worked. His body was transported from a military installation by his killer, Khawam said, citing details learned by the family during a meeting with Army investigators on Thursday.
Khawam to CNN on Sunday that Guillen could not be identified by his medical records because his face had been badly beaten. His body must be sent to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to be identified.

“It’s a sad morning and weekend for us,” Khawam said.

The main suspect in the disappearance was identified by officials on Thursday as Spc. Aaron David Robinson, who shot himself Wednesday after being intercepted by investigators, according to the Killeen Police Department.

Khawam said the family told him that Guillen had planned to file a complaint of abuse against Robinson the day after he was killed, and that they believed Robinson to be angry when he told him. However, Robinson told Guillen authorities he wanted to report that he had a relationship with a married woman, something that disputes the Guillen family.

Fort Hood officials said they were unaware of reports of sexual harassment involving Robinson but the investigation was still ongoing.

Cecily Aguilar

Khawam said investigators told the family that Robinson had called a woman who was involved with him to help him dispose of Guillen’s body after moving it outside the base.

See also  Bill Gates: The US is 'not even enough' to do enough to fight a pandemic

A woman identified as Cecily Anne Aguilar, who is the wife of a former soldier from Fort Hood, was arrested by the Texas Rangers in connection with the disappearance of Guillen. He was in the Bell County Prison awaiting civil authorities to file charges, CID said.

CNN Kay Jones and Ray Sanchez contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese tennis player Gonçalo Oliveira in the doubles final of the Lisbon Belém Open

Published

on

Portuguese coach praises the development of women's handball after the Iberian duel

Oliveira and Kolar defeated France’s Manuel Guinard and Venezuela’s Luis David Martínez in the semi-finals for first place in the series, in straight sets with partial scores of 6-1 and 6-2 after 58 minutes of play.

In the title match, they will take on the Ukrainian duo of Vladislav Manafov and Oleg Prikhodko, who eliminated Jivan Nedunchezhyan of India and Christopher Rungkat of Indonesia 6-4 and 6-2 in the semi-finals.

For the 27-year-old Portuguese tennis player, this will be his 31st doubles final at the ATP Challenger Tour and third at the Lisboa Belém Open after reaching the final in 2017 with compatriot Frederico Gil and champion in 2020 with Dominican Roberto Cid Subervi.

In singles, Italian Marco Cecchinato, semi-finalist of Roland Garros in 2018, beat Spaniard Carlos Taberner 7-6 (7-2) and 6-4, scheduling a meeting in the semi-final with the “Reserve” Kazakh Timofey Skatov, responsible for eliminating Frenchman Benoit Pera, in three matches, with a score of 6-4, 2-6 and 7-5.

The other semi-final of the Lisbon tournament will be discussed between Austrian Filip Mizolich, who defeated Giulio Zeppieri 6-4 today, and Frenchman Luca van Assche, the executioner of compatriot Alexander Müller, who finished seventh. parts 6-4 and 7-5.

See also  The New York transit agent launched a UV light pilot program in an attempt to kill Covid-19
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese fund CA Património Crescente wins European award for highest return – Imobiliário

Published

on

Portuguese fund CA Património Crescente wins European award for highest return - Imobiliário

Open-ended real estate investment fund CA Património Crescente has once again received the MSCI European Property Investment Awards in the Diversified Portfolio category for 2021.

This is the 12th time that the Portuguese fund, established in 2005, has received this award, which distinguishes the national real estate portfolio with the best return. In 2021, CA Património Crescente’s real estate portfolio returned 7.8%, compared to 6.3% in the benchmark.

The largest share of real estate income was received through shopping centers and offices: 8.7% and 8.6% respectively, according to the Portuguese fund Negócios, which at the end of August had a portfolio of 141 assets worth 1,031 million euros.

CA Património Crescente is one of the six funds managed by Square Asset Management, with Grupo Crédito Agrícola being the custodian bank and responsible for its marketing and investments mainly in real estate destined for trade, offices, services, industry, logistics or hotels.

The CA Património Crescente fund returned an annualized return of 5.1% in April, which declined slightly to 4.23% after two years, rising to 4.72% after three years and 4.74% after five years. . The average ten-year yield was 3.95%.

Square AM was also once again awarded by Euromoney, which recognizes major leaders in real estate financial products and services, as the “Best Investment Manager” of 2022.

Square AM has been on the market for 17 years and is one of the largest real estate fund managers in Portugal with €1.3 billion in assets and over 25,000 investors.

See also  3 men and women test beneficial for Covid-19 just after getting Delta flight from Atlanta to Albany, airline states
Continue Reading

Top News

Benfica announces a partnership with Portuguese driver Miguel Santiago.

Published

on

Benfica announces a partnership with Portuguese driver Miguel Santiago.



Young competes at the National Speed ​​Championship and the FIM GP Junior World Championship.

Benfica have announced a partnership with driver Miguel Santiago, a Portuguese driver who works in the National Speed ​​Championship and the FIM Junior World Championship. Santi, who started taking his first steps in motorsport in 2016, was pleased with someone during the presentation. “The dream has come true! When I was little, before riding motorcycles, I played football, went to Benfica’s school in Mafra, I always dreamed of becoming a Benfica athlete. I never thought! A few years ago, if you had asked me, I would have said no, I believed that one day I would be here, it is a great pride. I have no words. I just hope to reach the goals, glorify the club. I have the race, the desire and the ambition.” , repeated the 18-year-old BTV pilot.

Miguel Santiago is thinking about becoming the queen of motorcycle racing.

“In recent years, the FIM Junior GP has attracted many riders to the Moto GP where 20 out of 24 riders [que participam] come from this contest. Participation in Moto GP is considered the greatest school of prodigies, I am proud to be there and so close to the level of Moto GP,” he said.

Flavio Miguel Silva


four

leave your comment

See also  Look in the coronavirus Mets protocol at Citi Field
Continue Reading

Trending