Connect with us

Top News

Coronavirus stops MTA’s efforts to prevent OT fraud: watchdog

Published

on

Coronavirus stops MTA's efforts to prevent OT fraud: watchdog

The corona virus pandemic has stopped MTA’s efforts to prevent overtime fraud after the crisis put high-tech time clocks into quarantine, agency watchdogs said Monday.

The Office of Inspector General Carolyn Pokorny said in a new report it was “concerned” about the delay in integrating fingerprint scanning gadgets that were billed as repairs to combat widespread allegations of widespread abuse.

Transit officials in mid-March decided to shut down the new Kronos timekeeping system in an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19.

But this had a “negative and significant impact on the standardization of timeliness using Kronos and its integration with the existing payroll system,” according to IG’s recent review of the MTA PL reduction effort.

“The delay in this critical aspect of overtime reform efforts concerns OIG,” the report continued. “We question how long it will last and what plans are in place to ensure that efforts continue to move forward.”

The launch of the MTA from the new watch – which was supposed to replace the old paper card – was already full of delays.

After first promising to have all 40,000 workers on hours last September, only about 85 percent of workers actively used technology in mid-January.

Further complicating matters, the MTA faces “apparent acts of vandalism” against the machine, the IG office previously said – with many found destroyed or damaged.

IT Agency staff have projected that Kronos will fully join the existing punctuality system by the end of 2021.

When the virus began wreaking havoc in New York City, staff were forced to direct their time and resources to support employees working from home – also possibly delaying targets for full Kronos payroll integration.

See also  Farce of Portuguese Socialism in 4 Letters - Observer

Pokorny began investigating allegations of overtime harassment at MTA after a series of Post’s exposure to LIRR workers who drew large salaries, including one staff member who earned $ 344,147 overtime – on top of his $ 117,499 salary.

Pokorny’s office accused the agent of allowing workers to install OTs under an “honor system” with little supervision or verification.

MTA spent $ 1.3 billion in overtime last year, according to agency documents – up from $ 895 million in 2014.

Compared to last year, the agency – which faces a $ 4 billion deficit projected due to a pandemic – has cut the PL tab by 24 percent, the IG office said.

But the cut was “not driven by factors that MTA can rely on to produce savings in the future.”

“Health problems, changes and general uncertainty about whether technology investment will remain a priority threatens the completion of this improvement,” IG said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

PORTUGUESE PARACHET JUMP IN THE NETHERLANDS

Published

on

PORTUGUESE PARACHET JUMP IN THE NETHERLANDS

Members of the Airborne Operational Battalion of the Parachute Regiment of the Portuguese Army during the annual Falcon Jump exercise on September 17, 2022 over the Ede launch zone, 18 km west of Arnhem, in the province of Gelderland, the Netherlands. A Portuguese skydiver is equipped with a SPEKON RS 2000 parachute from the German manufacturer SPEKON Sächsische Spezialkonfekion GmbH. Above him are US paratroopers with T-11 parachutes.

Photo by M. Bienik | 6 barrels per day

The annual Falcon Leap 2022 exercise, based in Eindhoven, in the south of the Netherlands, took place from 5 to 16 September 2022 in the Netherlands and Belgium. During the first week, the exercise focused on cargo drop operations, and the second week focused on drop operations. It was attended by more than 1 thousand soldiers representing 13 countries, including Portugal, with the participation of the Operational Detachment of 22 soldiers from the Airborne Operational Battalion of the Parachute Regiment of the Ground Forces.

The exercise officially ended on September 17, 2022, commemorating the 78th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, which began on the same day in 1944, during World War II, as part of the largest airborne operation in which more than 40,000 troops serving in the 1st Airborne Division of Great Britain, the 1st Independent Parachute Brigade of Poland, the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions of the United States of America. These commemorations were marked by the launch of paratroopers over the original drop zones of the Operation.

The photo was taken by the Polish soldier M. Benek, seconded to the 6th Airborne Brigade (BPD) – Brigadier General Stanisław Sosabowski, a unit that is the result of the historical legacy of the 1st Separate Polish Airborne Brigade, which jumped during the operation ” Bazaar Garden “, in 1944 under the command of General. Stanislav Sosabovsky – whose name is a suffix (as patron) of the current unit.

See also  The Portuguese newspaper condemns that the country's children “only speak Brazilian”.

Article published in partnership with “Espada & Escudo”

Comments

Comments


Continue Reading

Top News

Luana Piovani goes to Portugal’s Golden Globes with her boyfriend

Published

on

Luana Piovani goes to Portugal's Golden Globes with her boyfriend



Luana Piovani

Photo: Instagram/@luanapiovani/Famous and Celebrities

This Sunday, the 2nd, actress Luana Piovani went to the Portuguese Golden Globes along with her boyfriend Lucas Bittencourt. In her Instagram, the actress praised the outfits they were wearing.

Ready for the Golden Globes. Great guy. We are very, very luxurious, my love,” said Luana. While Lucas was wearing a black suit, she was wearing a short white lace dress with green accents at the waist.



Luana Piovani at the Golden Globes.  -

Luana Piovani at the Golden Globes. –

Photo: Instagram/@luanapiovani/Famous and Celebrities

“Long live the Golden Globes and long live you, my love, who accompanied me and constantly gave me a hand, because I have very high heels and I have a problem knee,” the actress shared.

Luana Piovani revealed the reason for the breakup with Pedro Scooby

Actress Luana Piovani finally revealed the real reason behind his breakup with surfer and former BBB Pedro Scooby. In the documentary “A Vida é Irada, Vamos Curtir”, the actress recalled the tense moment they went through due to the inattention of the athlete, which eventually became the trigger for the divorce.

While they are traveling with their family, Pedro forgot to extend their stay, leaving Luana with nowhere to go with her children and several problems to deal with. “I had to leave before 13:00 the next day because the property was already rented out. With three children and twelve suitcases, Luna remembered. “When I hung up, I took the ring off my finger, put it on the table and said, ‘My marriage just ended.’ indicated.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  The Portuguese newspaper condemns that the country's children “only speak Brazilian”.
Continue Reading

Top News

Portugal loses to meet Slovenia in the 1/8 finals of the Table Tennis World Cup – Observer

Published

on

Portugal loses to meet Slovenia in the 1/8 finals of the Table Tennis World Cup - Observer

The Portugal men’s table tennis team lost 3-1 to Denmark on Tuesday, but have already secured their place in the 1/8 finals of the World Team Championship, in which they will play with Slovenia.

Portugal, ranked ninth in the world rankings, proved itself in the previous two rounds against Slovakia with a score of 3:1 and against Brazil with a score of 3:2, thus guaranteeing not only access to the playoffs of the World Cup, which occupies a place in Chengdu, China, but also a victory in Group 6.

Without Marcos Freitas, the Portuguese player best positioned in the world hierarchy in which he is ranked 33rd, the national team won one game, Joao Heraldo, world number 49, over Anders Lind, 156th in the rankings, at 3- 1, with ends 11-9, 11-9, 8-11 and 11-5.

Diogo Chen (692nd), who replaced Marcos Freitas, lost the first two games he played in the tournament to Thor Christensen (891st) 3-0 (6-11, 9-11 and 8-11) and Anders Lind . , with a score of 3-1 (8-11, 11-6, 5-11 and 14-16), while João Monteiro (83rd) was surprised by Tobias Rasmussen (363rd) with a score of 3-0, with ends 12-14, 9-11 and 8-11.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

The Portuguese team could not get even with an exception introduced by Denmark in the round of 16 of the 2021 European Championship.which suffered its first setback in the competition and did not even shake the first place in the group, as it had the advantage of head-to-head with Brazil and Slovakia, who faced each other on Tuesday, with the South Americans winning 3-0.

See also  Red devils through the eyes of a Portuguese journalist

Portugal finished level with Brazil, while Slovakia was third and Denmark fourth, and will face Slovenia, the 14th team in the world, with Darko Jocic standing out as eighth in the individual pecking order and second in Europe.

The Slovenian national team, which beat Thailand (3:0), Puerto Rico (3:1) and the USA (3:0) in Chengdu and lost only to the hosts and the very favorite China (3:0), beat Portugal in the final of the Mediterranean Games 2022 year in Oran (Algeria).

Women’s representation, which reached the 1/8 finals of the World Cup for the first timewill play against Luxembourg, the 25th team in the world rankings.

Continue Reading

Trending