Connect with us

Top News

Coronavirus live news: India Covid-19 cases top 900,000 as 133m re-enter lockdown | World news

Published

on









Six staff affiliated with Melbourne’s Royal Women’s hospital are among those confirmed to have Covid-19 as part of Victoria’s recent outbreak, with a concerning number of healthcare workers throughout the state now infected with the virus.

The hospital, located in Parkville next to Melbourne city, on Tuesday afternoon sent a notice to staff confirming six active cases and two recovered cases in health staff, including visiting medical officers and other staff who work elsewhere across multiple health services:





Updated





Egyptian doctors targeted for highlighting Covid-19 working conditions

Overwhelmed and ill-equipped medical staff in Egypt are being threatened for speaking out about poor working conditions during the Covid-19 pandemic, with increasing numbers detained by a domestic security agency.

Doctors recounted threats delivered via WhatsApp, official letters or in person. They said hospital managers and government officials told them failing to attend shifts, posting on social media or voicing objections would result in complaints to the National Security Agency, Egypt’s primary internal security body, which rights groups say has arrested multiple healthcare workers:





Tokyo may raise coronavirus alert









Australian state of Victoria records 238 new cases





A Guardian Australia analysis of Victorian coronavirus cases shows that infections have been increasing in areas outside the locked-down postcodes, and that all significant growth areas are now contained within the wider Melbourne lockdown.

Using data aggregated daily from the dashboard of the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) here, we calculated the number of new cases a day for every local government area in Victoria.

We then checked to see if cases had increased or decreased over the past fortnight for each area that reported more than five cases during that period.

At the time of writing, a map of the results shows there has been significant growth in regions adjacent to the previously locked-down postcodes, with the largest increase in the Wyndham council area. Wyndham is where the Al Taqwa college is located, the site of what is currently the second-largest cluster of cases in Victoria.

There has also been an increasing number of cases in the Melton and Darebin council areas.





Australian PM says Australia can’t be shut down to contain second Covid-19 wave

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison says the response to a second wave of Covid-19 infections cannot be shutting the country down to try to eliminate the virus, and he’s moved to reassure people his government will not be withdrawing income support “for those in need”.

Morrison said lockdowns were necessary in Victoria given the significant spike in infections in the state, but “your protection against the virus is not shutting things down all the time”.

“You have to do that sometimes, as is the case in Victoria,” he said. He said trying to eliminate the virus wasn’t the “right strategy” for Australia.

“You don’t just shut the whole country down because that is not sustainable. I’ve heard that argument. You’d be doubling unemployment potentially, and even worse.”

Morrison said it was impossible to achieve elimination “unless we are not going to allow any freight, or medical supplies into Australia, or any exports into Australia, or things like this – there is alway









In Australia, a cluster of coronavirus cases at a pub called the Crossroads Hotel, in the state of New South Wales has been linked back to a man in Melbourne, Victoria who attended a workplace party.

NSW Health contact tracer Jennie Musto has explained the genomic link between Victoria and the NSW outbreak, as a man travelling from Melbourne to Sydney at the end of June.


A man from Melbourne came into a workplace in Sydney, and then there’s some transmission within that workplace and then they all went to a party that night of the third of July, at the Crossroads hotel. So this is where it all began.

She said he travelled on the 30 June, and works in the freight industry.

A cleaner dressed in Personal Protective Equipment is seen leaving the Crossroads Hotel in Sydney on Saturday, 11 July 2020.

A cleaner dressed in Personal Protective Equipment is seen leaving the Crossroads Hotel in Sydney on Saturday, 11 July 2020. Photograph: Bianca de Marchi/AAP

Musto said this case was linked to six colleagues who have been diagnosed.

NSW health minister Dr Kerry Chant has added more about the potential spread of NSW’s current outbreaks:


Whilst we’ve had a very strong focus on the Crossroads, a hotel cluster, it is very important that we don’t lose sight of the fact that Covid could have been introduced in any other parts of Sydney, and we may well have had transmission of the virus just continuing.





Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Marseille in California. ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

Published

on

Marseille in California.  ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

“You are the future,” President Marcelo Rebelo de Souza told a three-year-old girl dressed in traditional Portuguese clothing who came out to greet him on the podium where he spoke at Artesia Portuguese Salon. The city, located on the outskirts of Los Angeles, has not hosted the President of the Portuguese Republic since 1989. This weekend, he did it with pomp and the setting of an ornate Portuguese-American community bursting with pride.

“We have never lost the honor and responsibility of being representatives of this beautiful flag,” said Jimmy Enes, a member of Artesia DES, a Portuguese descendant, in a welcoming speech delivered in perfect Portuguese. “When we are asked who we are, we always answer”i am portuguese“and not”Portuguese-American“or ‘Portuguese American’,” he said. “That’s why we’re trying step by step to protect our heritage on the outskirts of Los Angeles, one of the greatest cities in the world.”

Continue Reading

Top News

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support



Cristiano Ronaldo got a cut on his nose and needed a bandage (Photo: MICHAL CIZEK / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

Gratitude. It seems that the attacker Cristiano Ronaldo shared his social media with Portuguese fans after a clash with Czech goalkeeper Vaclik. In the auction, the assailant received a cut on his face and needed a bandage to stop the bleeding.

“Great game, important team win! We remain focused on our goal. Thanks to the Portuguese public for the fantastic support,” the striker wrote on his Instagram account.

The match was marked by a great performance Portugal national team, who beat the Czech Republic 4-0 to take the lead in Nations League Group 2 with ten points with one matchday to go in the group stage of the tournament. Cristiano Ronaldo ended up losing to his team.

After the match, the leader of the Portuguese national team appreciated the result achieved on the road. “It was a very important victory and all teammates should be congratulated on the result,” commented the 37-year-old striker.

With three wins, one draw and one defeat, the Portuguese team has the best attack in their group with eleven goals scored and a net difference of nine. The team is one draw away from qualifying for the tournament series. The next match against Spain is next Tuesday in the city of Braga.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Police are investigating the death of a Portuguese merchant in Venezuela. Died charred in the car - Mir
Continue Reading

Top News

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Published

on

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Writing with Lusa

Tournament of the second European circuit.

Thomas Gouveia solidified his status as the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge this Saturday by finishing the penultimate day of the second European round robin in a group of 31st placed golfers.

Thomas Gouveia hit the card with 73 shots, one over par on the course, after two birdies (one under par hole) and three bogeys (one over), after making 71 shots in the previous two days for a total of 215.

Thomas Bessa needed 75 hits, three over par and tied for scarecrows, he finished 48th with 218 total, five short of Vitor Lopez, 60th with 223, after today needs 78, with just one bird . to fit five scarecrows and a double scarecrow.

The Swiss Challenge, which concludes on Sunday in Folgensburg, France, is still led by France’s Chung Veon Ko with a total of 206 shots, one short of Denmark’s Martin Simonsen in second place.

See also  Here are female competitors for the Viden Biden slot
Continue Reading

Trending