Connect with us

Top News

China announced countermeasures against US media

Published

on

China announced countermeasures against US media

Associated Press, United Press International, CBS News and NPR News must submit relevant documents to the Chinese government within seven days, Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said Wednesday at a regular press conference.

“China is forced to take these steps to counter the unreasonable suppression of Chinese media in the US,” Zhao said. “They fully defend themselves.”

Beijing’s response came after the Trump administration called the US offices of four media managed by the Chinese government “foreign missions” last week, requiring them to submit documents with US authorities regarding their finances and personnel. Washington added CCTV, People’s Daily, Global Times, and China News Service to the designated media list which included Xinhua, a subsidiary of China Global Television Network’s CCTV, China Radio International, China Daily and People’s Daily parents, Hai Tian Development USA.
David Stilwell, assistant secretary of the State Department for East Asia and Pacific affairs the word Chinese outlets were labeled because the US government saw them as propaganda outlets “which were effectively controlled by the Chinese Communist Party” rather than independent news organizations.

Zhao said on Wednesday that “US measures were based on Cold War mentality and ideological prejudice.”

“They are very damaging to the reputation and image of the Chinese media, and seriously disrupt their normal operations in the US,” he added.

An Associated Press spokeswoman told CNN Business that the agency was “looking for more information about the requirements announced today and will review them carefully.” Representatives for CBS, NPR and United Press International did not immediately return requests for comment.

Beijing’s announcement of new conditions in the US media came only hours after China imposed a national security law in Hong Kong which critics said had stripped the city of certain autonomy and freedom and that would directly affect the way the media operate there.

The Trump administration and the Beijing government have been involved in a number of rounds of targeting from each media outlet.

Earlier this year, Beijing kicked out reporters from several major US news organizations, including the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, after the US closed the number of Chinese journalists permitted to work in Chinese state media offices in the US.

– Angus Watson in Sydney contributed to this article.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

A moment of silence in Portuguese football over the tragedy in Indonesia

Published

on

A moment of silence in Portuguese football over the tragedy in Indonesia

The Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) announced this Sunday a minute of silence at the competitions it organizes, namely the Portuguese Cup, in memory of the victims of the tragedy that occurred in Indonesia.

“The Directorate of the Portuguese Football Federation announces a moment of silence in memory of the victims of the tragedy that occurred at the football stadium in Indonesia. The official website of the organization.

In the same note, FPF President Fernando Gomes says that “with great surprise and a feeling of deep pain, but also indignation” he learned “of the tragic scale of the events that have taken place in the stadium. in Indonesia”.

“It is with great sadness that I deplore the dramatic consequences of this tragedy, which resulted in the death of more than 170 fans, including many children. A football stadium should be a stage for celebration and joy, not for violence and death,” he said. concluded.

A moment of silence will be observed at the competitions organized by the FPF, namely the Portuguese Cup, the second stage of which will take place this weekend.

Indonesian authorities said 174 people were killed in unrest at the end of a football match in East Java, but acknowledged that the number could rise as many of them were critically injured.

See also  Giants will need this young edge hunter to improve it

The tragedy, one of the worst in the history of football, occurred on Saturday evening when about 3,000 fans took to the field after Arema’s home team lost 3-2 to rivals Persebay Surabaya.

Police fired tear gas to try to contain the angry supporters, but their actions caused panic and thousands of people rushed to the exit.

Many people were trampled to death in the chaos of the stampede. At least two police officers were killed in the unrest that spread outside the stadium.

The Indonesian league was suspended and the authorities ordered an investigation into the incidents.

Continue Reading

Top News

New serious injury of the player of the national team of Portugal

Published

on

Extremo português oferecido ao Manchester United Lesão Pedro Neto

An injury forces Pedro Neto to be substituted in the Wolves game.

Bad news for Wolverhampton Wanderers and Pedro Neto. The Portuguese received a new injury, and, according to Bruno Lage, it could be serious.

Away to West Ham, where the Portuguese lost 2-0, Pedro Neto was replaced in the 24th minute by Adama Traore, and after the match, the Wolves coach said that the injury could be “ugly”.

Wolves are now in the Premier League relegation zone, and Pedro Neto may be left with no hope of qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar.

Learn more about Bola na Rede and Moosh!

BUT Mush strives to stand out from the crowd by opening doors to new and innovative experiences. OUR Mush is changing and entering a new era, a new identity, a new logo, but the same trust and the same security to safely accept deposits and transactions from consumers. Our house also has a customer support team available at any time to resolve any issues. With a strong investment phase in Portugal, Mush presents itself with a redesigned website, with new products and new experiences, with an eye to the future – keeping the identity and the idea of ​​achieving the goal: hitting the target Mush!

Bola na Rede is a project started on October 28, 2010 at the Escola Superior de Comunicação Social. Since then, we have been trying to provide you with the best sports vision at the national and international levels through opinion pieces as well as breaking news. On October 28, 2019, we decided to expand our reach by launching live broadcasts on the channel. BALL IN THE TV NETWORKNo YouTube. In addition to direct, we also have a lot of information through our social networks and in various models podcasts. Operating Systems podcasts from Bola na Rede are available on a wide variety of platforms and aim to give you a little bit of everything about the world of sports in general. Currently we can offer you the following content:

  • Podcast Mourinhos vs. Guardiolas” – Program of national and international sports news.
  • Podcast “Law of the Market” Content about the latest transfers and transfer market rumors from the world of football.
  • Podcast “Talk about the ball” South American Football takes place here in this program that aims to bring you the latest from the major South American leagues.
  • Podcast “Out of the Ring” WWE is a company Tuevacationer media in the world and in this program we follow in detail every event of the company headed by Vince McMahon
  • Podcast “Ball of other times” – In that podcast we want you to come with us on a journey through the past of the football world. Here we remember players, teams or competitions “from another time”.
See also  Giants will need this young edge hunter to improve it

If you’d like to learn more about the project, make a suggestion, or even submit an application to become a writer, commenter, or moderator, send us an email at [email protected] The ball is in your court and we are counting on you!

Continue Reading

Top News

The expedition will explore “an area still little known”: the Portuguese Sea.

Published

on

The expedition will explore "an area still little known": the Portuguese Sea.

The Oceano Azul Foundation has joined the municipalities of Cascais, Mafra and Sintra and set off together this Saturday on the ship “Santa Maria Manuela” for a scientific expedition that will last until 12 October.

On board will be 50 researchers from institutions such as the Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere (IPMA), the Hydrographic Institute or the Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds (SPEA). During this time, scientists will embark on what they consider to be an “essential” process of “investigating the region’s natural values” that will allow for a “global assessment of the marine biodiversity” that exists in that region of the ocean.

Continue Reading

Trending