Connect with us

Top News

Zion Williamson got a favorable verdict in a lawsuit by a former agent

Published

on

Zion Williamson got a favorable verdict in a lawsuit by a former agent

MIAMI – The appeals court in Florida has given rookie Pelican Zion Williamson the chance to block the efforts of his former marketing agent to ask the former Duke star to answer questions about whether he received inappropriate benefits before playing for Blue Devils.

Wednesday’s order shifted focus to separate but related cases involving the same case in federal court in North Carolina.

The Florida lawsuit, filed last summer by Prime Sports Marketing and company president Gina Ford, accused Williamson and the agency of now representing him for breach of contract and asking for compensation of $ 100 million.

It happened after Williamson filed his own lawsuit a week earlier in North Carolina to terminate a five-year contract with Prime Sports after his decision to move to the Creative Artists Agency.

Ford’s attorney had raised questions in a filing last month that included whether Williamson or anyone on his behalf sought or received “money, benefits, help or things of value” to be signed with Duke. They sought answers within 30 days to establish the facts under oath in the pretrial discovery process.

Zion Williamson
Zion WilliamsonThe AP

Lawyers for the overall NBA draft pick No. 1 last year argued that the question was “nothing more than a fishing expedition.” Florida District Judge David C. Miller denied the original Williamson stay request, but it was temporarily canceled by the state appeals court, which has now made the decision permanent, siding with Williamson’s lawyer Jeffrey S. Klein that the federal case takes precedence.

In a filing last week in the North Carolina case, Prime Sports-Ford’s lawyer continued to argue that the overall NBA draft pick last summer did not meet the athlete-student definition because he was “ineligible” to play college sports. Submission of housing references for the Williamson family during his time with the Blue Devils and three luxury SUVs registered by his mother and stepfather between December 2017 and April 2019 – the last being the same month as Williamson announced he would become a pro before being taken by Pelikan New Orleans.

See also  Sabers fans rejoiced at shooting GM Jason Botterill

Arguments about Williamson’s eligibility are central to the legal struggle for Williamson’s potential support. Williamson’s lawsuit stated that Prime Sports violated state sports agency laws, both by not including a disclaimer about the loss of conditions when signing a contract and the fact that both Prime Sports and Ford were not registered as agents in North Carolina.

Lawyers for Prime Sports and Ford argue that the Uniform Athlete Agents Act will not apply if Williamson is not eligible to play campus basketball from the start.

Duke has repeatedly refused to comment on the case for not being involved in litigation, but issued a statement in January that the school had reviewed Williamson’s eligibility earlier and found no problems.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Marseille in California. ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

Published

on

Marseille in California.  ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

“You are the future,” President Marcelo Rebelo de Souza told a three-year-old girl dressed in traditional Portuguese clothing who came out to greet him on the podium where he spoke at Artesia Portuguese Salon. The city, located on the outskirts of Los Angeles, has not hosted the President of the Portuguese Republic since 1989. This weekend, he did it with pomp and the setting of an ornate Portuguese-American community bursting with pride.

“We have never lost the honor and responsibility of being representatives of this beautiful flag,” said Jimmy Enes, a member of Artesia DES, a Portuguese descendant, in a welcoming speech delivered in perfect Portuguese. “When we are asked who we are, we always answer”i am portuguese“and not”Portuguese-American“or ‘Portuguese American’,” he said. “That’s why we’re trying step by step to protect our heritage on the outskirts of Los Angeles, one of the greatest cities in the world.”

Continue Reading

Top News

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support



Cristiano Ronaldo got a cut on his nose and needed a bandage (Photo: MICHAL CIZEK / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

Gratitude. It seems that the attacker Cristiano Ronaldo shared his social media with Portuguese fans after a clash with Czech goalkeeper Vaclik. In the auction, the assailant received a cut on his face and needed a bandage to stop the bleeding.

“Great game, important team win! We remain focused on our goal. Thanks to the Portuguese public for the fantastic support,” the striker wrote on his Instagram account.

The match was marked by a great performance Portugal national team, who beat the Czech Republic 4-0 to take the lead in Nations League Group 2 with ten points with one matchday to go in the group stage of the tournament. Cristiano Ronaldo ended up losing to his team.

After the match, the leader of the Portuguese national team appreciated the result achieved on the road. “It was a very important victory and all teammates should be congratulated on the result,” commented the 37-year-old striker.

With three wins, one draw and one defeat, the Portuguese team has the best attack in their group with eleven goals scored and a net difference of nine. The team is one draw away from qualifying for the tournament series. The next match against Spain is next Tuesday in the city of Braga.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Coach of Portuguese football teams "Portuguese Fever in Brazil"
Continue Reading

Top News

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Published

on

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Writing with Lusa

Tournament of the second European circuit.

Thomas Gouveia solidified his status as the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge this Saturday by finishing the penultimate day of the second European round robin in a group of 31st placed golfers.

Thomas Gouveia hit the card with 73 shots, one over par on the course, after two birdies (one under par hole) and three bogeys (one over), after making 71 shots in the previous two days for a total of 215.

Thomas Bessa needed 75 hits, three over par and tied for scarecrows, he finished 48th with 218 total, five short of Vitor Lopez, 60th with 223, after today needs 78, with just one bird . to fit five scarecrows and a double scarecrow.

The Swiss Challenge, which concludes on Sunday in Folgensburg, France, is still led by France’s Chung Veon Ko with a total of 206 shots, one short of Denmark’s Martin Simonsen in second place.

See also  The Texas Supreme Court blocked ballots amid coronavirus
Continue Reading

Trending