Connect with us

Top News

Whiny US Open tennis stars need to check their privileges

Published

on

Whiny US Open tennis stars need to check their privileges

Why isn’t this tennis star more open-minded?

Sports fans – not to mention believers in the New York City comeback – got the best news on Tuesday, when the United States Tennis Association announced that the US Open would be played, without fans, at Flushing Meadows starting on August 31.

And unlike Major League Baseball, which has been stuck in difficult negotiations, and the National Football League, which Dr. Anthony Fauci recently warned unlikely to return in the fall, Open’s decision was final and fully supported by Governor Cuomo.

“It will be held without fans, but we can watch it on TV, and I will take it,” Cuomo said. “Tennis authorities will take extraordinary precautions.”

Fantastic! For tired populations whose word “canceled” has become as usual as “good morning,” that is a spectacular change of pace.

But there is one unlucky thing that stands in the way of tennis: tennis players. The sport’s top stars, who have benefited for years, have made sad progress at every step.

Last year’s Wimbledon champion, Simona Halep, said after the announcement of his possibility will not travel to Queens. And Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Nick Kyrgios strongly criticized tennis kicks – which are considered safe by almost every expert – for weeks.

During the negotiations, Djokovic No. 1 the world today calls the US Open plan “extreme” and “unsustainable,” complaining that players must have a smaller group, only three people, and that all competitors must stay in one or two hotels, or rent a nearby house, in Queens.

See also  Birds don't all sing the same song. They have dialects too
Marcus Rashford from Manchester United uses his platform to help the needy, instead of staying inside to hide.
Marcus Rashford from Manchester United is not only ready to play again without fans in the stands, he has used his platform to help children who are in need of a coronavirus pandemic.Getty Images

“We will not have access to Manhattan, we will have to sleep in hotels at the airport, to be tested two or three times per week,” Djokovic whined.

Of course, that also means there are no fancy dinners at Nobu and no relaxed nights at one of Djokovic two Soho condos worth $ 10 million combined. After three months under orders from a shelter-in-place, trapped in a stuffy apartment, New Yorkers do not sympathize with Serbia.

Nadal, last year’s US champion, has expressed more reasonable objections about the safety of New York, one of the hardest hit cities in the world, even though the Big Apple has worked hard to reverse our April peak.

“If you [ask] Today, I will say, “No,” he told the AP in early June. “Within a few months? I do not know. Hopefully, ‘Yes’ … but we need to wait maybe until we have clearer information about how the virus is developing and how the situation is in New York in a few months. “

However, the world number two did not speak of any concerns about playing the French Open, which moved the original May date to just two weeks after the US Open due to a pandemic. Nadal has won in Paris with a record of 12 times, and at the age of 34 is far more likely to win there than to score a fifth US Open victory.

See also  Portuguese Tips: is it the Olympics or the Olympics?

Much more difficult to hear was the Australian firefighter, Kyrgios, who, despite being one of the most brilliant tennis talents, was probably his biggest baby.

“People who live in the US certainly push Open to move forward,” he said on Twitter. “Go Selfish”. I will prepare my hazmat suit when I travel from Australia and then be quarantined for 2 weeks after I return. ”

He called we selfish?

I bet Kyrgios was a selfish person when he retired from the Wimbledon 2017 match with an “injury” just to leave clubbing in London with two women on the same night. Or last May, when he tweeted that the French Open was “really annoying” and then withdrew shortly after quoting “illness.”

Compare all these spoiled millionaires with 22-year-old English footballer Marcus Rashford from Manchester United. The beloved phenom not only returns to the field with his team to please fans around the world, he also uses his platform to help children who are starving during this crisis.

“We have to be the voice of 200,000 children who have no choice but to skip meals today,” Rashford tweeted last week. “I refuse to give up.”

Strong campaign push for policy change – and phone calls – from Prime Minister Boris Johnson. Meanwhile, in New York, with millions of people still unemployed and yearning for improvements, we have rich tennis players who are truly stunned that they are asked to … play tennis.

The retired former tennis player number one, Jimmy Connors, recently tweeted that he would be killed for the chance to gain fame as enjoyed by pro players today.
Former tennis pro Jimmy Connors tweeted in 2018 that he “will play at 12 noon in the Sahara” to have the chance to win a US $ 3.5 million prize.WireImage

Two years ago, when athletes were weak against heat at the US Open, former world number one Jimmy Connors tweeted: “To have the opportunity to play 3.5 million I will play at 12 noon in the Sahara.”

See also  The police chief announced his own arrest, accusing him of losing cash

Right, Jimmy. Tennis, a sport that is played on six continents, on several surfaces in different climates, is all about adaptation and increasing on that occasion. And the pandemic is the biggest event of all.

Patrick McEnroe of ESPN was right when he said that tennis royalty focused more on greens in their bank accounts than American green hardcourts.

“Don’t obey what Nadal and Djokovic said,” he told Tennis.com, insisting that many players will appear in August. “Those who are rich get richer and their views tilt.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  The cohesion of the Giants defense starts with Leonard Williams
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Portuguese Tips: is it the Olympics or the Olympics?

Continue Reading

Trending