Connect with us

Top News

When Delhi became the capital of the Indian coronavirus, the hospital struggled to overcome it

Published

on

When Delhi became the capital of the Indian coronavirus, the hospital struggled to overcome it

A day later, an online report confirmed that he was positive.

“We are not panicking,” said Singh’s son-in-law, Mandeep. “Because we know the reason for the fever, we think we might be able to overcome it.”

But when Singh’s condition worsened, his family found it impossible to find a hospital that would treat him, because the city’s health care system was bent under increasing epidemic pressure.

Mandeep Singh said three private hospitals told the family that they did not have a bed, even though an application made by the Delhi government indicated they had availability. Others did not even take phone calls 68 years old, including those he tested.

Finally, Lakhjeet Singh went to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan (LNJP) – the biggest government hospital in Delhi. Before they departed on the 30-minute trip to the hospital, Mandeep Singh said government applications showed the hospital had 1,100 beds available.

But when they arrived, Mandeep Singh claimed his father-in-law was rejected by medical staff, even though the government hospital in Delhi was legally bound not to reject emergency patients. Medics say there are no free beds.

“It is very unlikely that 1,100 beds will be occupied by the time we get to the LNJP hospital,” Mandeep Singh said.

Outside the hospital, old Singh fainted. His family forced him inside, where 10 minutes later a doctor examined him and declared him dead on arrival.

In a statement, LNJP expressed condolences to the Singh family and denied that he was refused entry. The hospital said he was examined by a doctor and died on arrival.

On June 4, Lakhjeet Singh’s daughter wrote a short message on Twitter: “She’s not there anymore. The government is disappointing us.”

The highest Covid-19 count in India

When India was locked on March 25, Delhi had recorded only 606 cases of Covid-19 and 10 deaths. When the city first began to loosen lockout restrictions in the third week of May in an effort to revive its economy, the numbers began to increase – and on June 8, there were more than 40,000 cases.

A day later, Deputy Chief Minister of the city of Manish Sisodia announced the capital was expected to witness more than half a million cases of Covid-19 by the end of July.
A medical officer collects cotton from a woman to test Covid-19 on June 18 in New Delhi, India.

Sisodia warns that Delhi would need 80,000 more hospital beds in such a scenario.

See also  Spencer Dinwiddie's coronavirus prognosis was suddenly hopeful

Dr. Arvind Kumar, chairman of the Chest and Lung Transplant Center at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in Delhi and founder of the LungCare Foundation, said the situation in Delhi was “frightening.”

“At present, the numbers are increasing very fast and the problem with this infectious disease is that as the infected group increases in the community, the number of cross infections that occur from the infected group also increases and multiplies,” he said.

At a press conference on Monday, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said around 23,000 new Covid-19 cases had been reported in the city in the past 10 days. Last week, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain was stated positive.

About 55% of Covid-19 cases are active in isolation at home, officials say, but the rest need medical attention.

As cases escalated and people rushed to look for hospital beds, in early June the city government launched the Delhi Corona Application, which displays real-time information about the availability of beds in government and private hospitals. Hospitals enter information into the platform, and government officials cross-check these figures.

A person who died of Covid-19 was buried in the grave of Jadid Qabristan Ahle Islam, on June 19, in New Delhi, India.

Kejriwal said the application, which is updated twice a day, would help bridge the information gap regarding bed status and could be used to register complaints against hospitals that refuse to accept infected patients.

But with applications that show free hospital beds in many facilities, it seems that the problem is not just providing more beds: hospitals also need staff to take care of them.

Lack of medical personnel

Shahana Chanda, 34, was taken to at least five hospitals in early June, according to her uncle, Shahid Siddiqui, a local politician.

Although the hospital application said beds were available, his family said he was repeatedly refused from the facility, until finally being treated at the famous central government hospital at Delhi-Safdarjung Hospital.

See also  Other Apple Pencil features started working in Portuguese - MacMagazine

Chanda was tested for Covid-19 upon admission and was given a bed – but after that, her family said she was ignored.

“There is no one to look after him,” said Siddiqui. “No medication was given. He was left alone, only oxygen was given.”

Shahana ChandA, 34, was taken to at least five hospitals in early June, according to his uncle, Shahid Siddiqui, who is a local politician.

Chanda died on June 7. Siddiqui said she was releasing her oxygen supply to walk to the bathroom on the ward, where she fainted. “When he fell, no one came to help him. His brother had to take him back to bed. When the doctors examined him, they said he was no longer,” Siddiqui said.

Safdarjung Hospital said in a statement that Chanda was in critical condition when treated and that his family had wasted important time taking him to a different hospital. The hospital said Chanda was initially tested negative for the corona virus.

The persecution does not end there, said Siddiqui.

“When he died, the brother was asked to put it in a bag, sew it and bring it to the morgue, and put it there. There was no one there to help them,” he said.

Safdarjung Hospital told CNN that they would not respond to the allegations.

Such claims of abuse are not isolated. On June 12, the Indian Supreme Court criticized the Delhi government for handling Covid-19 patients and caring for the dead, illustrating Indian media reports “horrible” scenes on LNJP, where Lakhjeet Singh died.
Lakhjeet Singh, 68, tested positive for Covid-19 but could not find a hospital to accept it.

One TV report shows a man lying on the ground naked in a ward, with an elderly unconscious on a nearby bed. There is no medical staff ready to help.

Decision of the Supreme Court the word: “The patients were in the wards and the bodies were also in the same ward. The bodies were also seen in the lobby and waiting room. The patients were not provided with oxygen support or other support, no salt droplets were indicated by the bed and nothing was attending patients. Patients cry and no one attends them. “

Parv Mittal, president of the Resident Doctors Association at LNJP Hospital, said the facility was overwhelmed on the day of recording.

See also  Desperate small business. Can the $ 1 billion program help?

“There is a shortage of medical and household staff. Doctors and nurses take rounds but are too much of a burden. Many have contracted the infection due to long working hours. The situation is much better now,” he said. “More and more domestic workers are being employed and CCTV cameras have been set up to monitor sick patients.”

The Supreme Court asked Delhi officials to increase the number of beds in the entire state and to “provide the right infrastructure and staff” for Covid-19 patients, calling the conditions “sad” and “inappropriate.”

Action taken

Indian Home Minister Amit Shah reviewed the situation in Delhi after the Supreme Court’s scathing report, and then set a series of standard operating procedures after talks with the Delhi government.

Among other measures, the cost of isolation beds in private hospitals has been significantly reduced – while Delhi’s testing rate, which the Supreme Court considers low, has been increased from an average of 5,000 tests every day to 18,000, according to Chief Minister Kejriwal.

A banquet hall that is usually used for weddings has been converted to a coronavirus hospital while the Indian capital is having difficulty with a surge in cases.

Officials say another 20,000 Covid-19 beds will be added there next week. This includes a large spiritual center that will be converted into a specialist hospital with 10,000 beds – expected to be the largest Covid-19 center in the world – on Friday.

In addition, 500 old train trainers, with a total of 8,000 beds, have been designated as centers of isolation for mild cases.

But experts still doubt that Delhi has enough manpower to operate additional facilities.

Kumar, from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, said front-line workers were exhausted and afraid of getting infected by the virus.

“We don’t have enough manpower to run even our own hospital today,” he said. “We fight with nurses every day. They want to resign, they want to leave. The resident doctor disappeared overnight … People don’t want to do the work here … There are labor problems in every hospital.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The expedition will explore “an area still little known”: the Portuguese Sea.

Published

on

The expedition will explore "an area still little known": the Portuguese Sea.

The Oceano Azul Foundation has joined the municipalities of Cascais, Mafra and Sintra and set off together this Saturday on the ship “Santa Maria Manuela” for a scientific expedition that will last until 12 October.

On board will be 50 researchers from institutions such as the Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere (IPMA), the Hydrographic Institute or the Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds (SPEA). During this time, scientists will embark on what they consider to be an “essential” process of “investigating the region’s natural values” that will allow for a “global assessment of the marine biodiversity” that exists in that region of the ocean.

Continue Reading

Top News

Every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year, and this is “inconceivable”.

Published

on

Every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year, and this is "inconceivable".

President of the Portuguese Federation of Food Banks Against Hunger Isabelle Jonet considers food waste unacceptable and absurd, as every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year.

As World Food Loss and Waste Awareness Day is celebrated, speaking at a conference on the subject in Lisbon, the official recalled statistics released by the National Statistical Institute and said the situation was “worse than expected.”

The data, official and published for the first time, refers to 2020 and shows that 1.89 million tons of food was wasted in Portugal this year, so each Portuguese wasted an average of 183.6 kilograms of food.

INE statistics show that families spend the most. The figures show that over 1.2 million tons of food was wasted by families this year, followed by catering with over 237 thousand tons, trade and distribution with 214 thousand tons, primary production with over 101 thousand tons and food . industry, about 61 thousand tons.

“We buy too much, we buy bad, we let it go bad. It is unacceptable that a third of what is produced ends up in the trash,” the official said, speaking at a debate organized by the United Movement Against Waste.

Ana Cristina Carrola of the Portuguese Environmental Protection Agency (APA), who also took part in the debate, stressed that the average amount of waste per year per inhabitant in the European Union is 173 kg, less than the 183 kg that is thrown away by the Portuguese.

“This is unthinkable in our day,” he lamented.

See also  Desperate small business. Can the $ 1 billion program help?

Continue Reading

Top News

Thanks to goals from Evanilson and Pepe, Porto beat Braga in Portuguese; Sporting wins too

Published

on

Thanks to goals from Evanilson and Pepe, Porto beat Braga in Portuguese;  Sporting wins too



Evanilson scored four goals in eight matches in the 2022/23 Portuguese Liga (Photo: MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP)

Photo: Lance!

After the draw in the last round Portuguese Championship, Porto won again. This Friday, the defending champions thrashed Braga 4-1 at the Dragau Stadium. Goals came from Evanilson, Eustaquio, Pepe and Galeno. Defender Pepe, against, got to the opponent.

Ex-Fluminense Evanilson opened the scoring in the 32nd minute of the opening stage. Eustaquio tried to make a cross and the Brazilian forward appeared on the second post to prop up his chest. Two minutes later, Pepe filed Eustaquio, who sent the ball into an empty net.

In the final stage, the Portuguese-Brazilian defender Pepe tried to cut off a low cross, but sent him into his own net. Pepe, the former Gremio who assisted, got it from Taremi after a beautiful move that extended the game in the 18th minute. In addition, the Brazilian Galeno closed the account in the north of Portugal.

– I am very happy to score again and, above all, for this victory. A match we knew would be difficult, against a strong opponent who was in good sequence, but in which we managed to impose our rhythm and win three points in front of our fans. Now it’s time to rest and get back to work, already thinking about the next challenge, which is also very important for us, – said Evanilson after the match.

SPORTING TOO WINS

Another great player to take the field this Friday is Sporting CP. In Lisbon, on José de Alvalade, the Lions beat Gil Vicente 3-1. For Rubén Amorim’s side, Morita, Pote Gonçalves and Rocinha scored. Fran Navarro scored in stoppage time.



Sporting CP are the vice-leaders of Portugal (Photo: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA / AFP)

Sporting CP are the vice-leaders of Portugal (Photo: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Rose Parade canceled for initially time given that Entire world War II
Continue Reading

Trending