Connect with us

Top News

What is said of George P. Bush’s support of Donald Trump about Republican politics

Published

on

5 things didn't know bush years orig_00000000

“President Trump is the only one standing between America and socialism,” Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush, son of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, to The Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. He added that he would vote for Trump in November; “It’s clear the Republican policy is functioning,” the younger Bush told the newspaper.
That’s great news because, well, he is Bush. And the Bush family, who had long been the first family of Republican politics, were not big fans of Trump. Jeb Bush announced in May 2016 that he will not vote for Trump in the general election after he lost to Trump in primary 2016 – where the billionaire repeatedly mocked the former governor as “low energy.” And in a 2019 interview with CNN’s David Axelrod, Jeb pushed the main challenge for Trump. “To talk about what it is to be conservative, I think it’s important,” he said.
A the New York Times report recently said that Jeb Bush remained doubtful about whether to support Trump while his older brother, former President George W. Bush, would not vote for Trump in 2020. (Spokesman George Bush denied the report, “This is entirely fabricated, ” said the spokesman. “He retired from presidential politics and has not shown how he will vote.”)

Regardless of who the elders want to be elected by Bush, there is little debate that families who have produced two of the last three Republican presidents are not really dealing directly with current White House residents – and vice versa.

Last month, after George W. Bush released a video calling for national unity and shared sacrifice on the face in an ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Trump tweeted this:

“Oh, bye (sic), I appreciate the message from former President Bush, but where he was during the Impeachment called for setting aside alignments.” @foxandfriends He can’t be found speaking out against the biggest lie in American history! “

See also  Massachusetts lodge fined for keeping 300-man or woman marriage, violating COVID rules

That difficult feeling came back – because Trump had long used Bush’s image as the main insider to ignite the confidence of his own outsiders.

“We need another Bush in the office as much as we need Obama to have a third term,” Trump tweeted in 2013. “No more Bush!”

As the 2016 campaign intensified, Trump focused his attention on Jeb Bush, who was briefly considered a front runner in the early days of the race, with a relentless attack on his family’s legacy.

“The war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake,” Trump said in the debate in February 2016. “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction. Nothing.”
The Bush family retaliated. “(Trump) doesn’t give many answers to how he will solve the problem,” Barbara Bush, former first lady and mother George and Jeb, told CNN in 2016. “He sort of made a face and said insulting things. He said things bad things about women, bad things about the military. I don’t understand why people want it, for that reason. “

Trump, because he is Trump, has never apologized for everything he said about Jeb and the Bush family during the main election. And Bush, while they are calmer about their hatred for Trump, has never really backed down either.

So why did George P. Bush not only say he planned to vote for Trump but also gave Trump-y’s clear quote – “President Trump is the only one standing between America and socialism” – to media organizations? After all, Trump did repeatedly kill his father personally. And Trump retweeted (and then deleted) the tweet which reads “#JebBush must like the Illegal of Mexico because of his wife” during the campaign too. (Jeb Bush’s wife and George P. Bush’s mother, Columba, are of Mexican descent.)

The answer? Political, pure and simple.

George P. Bush is in offices throughout the state now. (Yes, the Land Commissioner is the state-elect office in Texas!) One day he will run for governor. While Texas does not limit the term of office of its governor, Governor Greg Abbott will spend eight years serving 2022 and might have eyes to run for Republican presidential candidate in 2024. There were already ambitious Republican lines ready and waiting to run if that happens – or if Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick retires or decides to run for open governor. And Bush really wants to be in the mix for one of those offices.
And the simple fact – which George P. knows – is that there is NO reasonable way for the Republican nomination for governor or lieutenant governor in Texas as something less than Trump’s vocal supporters and voters. For all problems with wider voters – in Texas and nationally – Trump remains a highly respected figure in the Republic of Texas, and it is very difficult to imagine that change between now and 2022, even if the President is unsuccessful in his efforts for the second term of November.

It’s also not just that voters will rebel against George P. This is that Trump will enjoy the opportunity – whether in the office or outside the office – to stick it to the Bush family once again by working to keep George P. from winning offices across the entire state. higher. (If you don’t think Trump is vengeful enough to do that, let me refer you, yeah, all his life.) So George P. does the only thing he can do to safeguard his political future: Stand absolutely in line with Trump.

See also  "Champions". The Portuguese champion will face his English counterpart in a duel with a good memory for the "lions" - O Jornal Económico

By doing that, George P. supports a man who spends more than a year personally attacking his father, mother, uncle and grandfather at every opportunity.

Ah, politics. Not for the faint of heart. Or stomach.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Who is Paulo Bento, the Portuguese coach from South Korea who coached Cruzeiro?

Published

on

Goal.com

The coach commanded the Portuguese national team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and left the South Korean national team after being eliminated in Qatar.

Portuguese coach Paulo Bento qualified South Korea for the playoffs of the World Cup, something the team had not achieved since 2010, when the South Korean team reached the 1/8 finals of this championship. But 4-1 rout against Brazil as a result, shortened the path of the Asian team, as well as put an end to the work of Paulo Sousa in the national team.

Paulo Bento started his career as a coach with the youth team of Sporting Clube Portugal in 2004. At the club, he commanded the youth team for two seasons, winning the junior national tournament in his first year. Incidentally, the coach took over the first team shortly after he announced his retirement as a player.

Given his prominence in the youth categories, Paulo was chosen to replace José Peseiro, who was eliminated in European competition, in the professional team of Sporting CP for the 2005 season./2006.

Professionally, Bento was runner-up for four seasons in a row in the Portuguese Championship. Despite this, the coach won two Portuguese Cups and two Candido de Oliveira Super Cups. On November 6, 2009, the coach resigned.

Having distinguished himself at Sporting, Paulo Bento was announced as Portugal’s coach on 21 September 2010 after the World Cup in South Africa, where the then-champion Spain was selected in the round of 16.

Gettyimages

In qualifying, the coach managed to show good results in the first games, plus, of course, take Portugal to the semi-finals of Euro 2012, taking off from Spain on penalties. Having stood out in competitions, the coach extended the contract until Euro 2016.

See also  Why the second Covid-19 shutdown might be worse than the first - and how to prevent it

However, after losing to Albania in qualifying for Euro 2016, the coach could not resist and was fired in September 2014. The unsuccessful campaign at the World Cup of the same year in Brazil also affected.

After the Portugal national team, Paulo Bento returned to Brazil in May 2016, but this time to coach the Cruzeiro club. With a contract until December 2017, the coach made his debut in the second round of the Brasileirão the same year.

Paulo Bento Cruzeiro Brazilian Championship in Sao Paulo 05062016Washington Alves/Light Press/Cruzeiro

However, Bento only lasted 17 matches in power with six wins, three draws and eight losses, leaving the team in second-to-last place in the tournament.

On 11 August 2016, the coach was announced as the new commander of Olympiacos, Greece, where he remained until 6 March 2017, winning the Greek title. Following this, Paulo Bento was announced as Chongqing Dangdai of China leading the team for only 15 matches.

20221124 Paulo BentoGetty Images

On August 16, 2018, Paulo Bento was announced as the new coach of South Korea following the departure of Shin Tae-yong, who lost in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup.

As part of the South Korean national team, the coach has 55 wins, 12 draws and eight losses, having won the East Asian Cup title and classified the team at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. After being knocked out against Brazil in the 1/8 finals, the Portuguese announced his retirement from the national team.

Continue Reading

Top News

Pioli ‘pulls’ Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese ‘must make a dash’

Published

on

Pioli 'pulls' Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese 'must make a dash'

FROMTefano Pioli, Milan coach, gave an interview on the Italian radio program Sky Calcio Club on Sunday in which he talked about Rafael Leao’s participation in the 2022 Mundial, a test in which the Portuguese striker was a replacement for Fernando Santos. ‘, indicating that he has been talking to his player over the past few days.

“If we talk? They have an obligation to call me at the end of the game. He is happy because Portugal is doing well. It is clear that he would like to play more. I can take advantage of this for a contract extension,” said Pioli, who also spoke about the Portuguese’s renewal process.

“He is fine with us and management and Rafael are talking. We are waiting for good news,” the Transalpine coach fired.

Looking at his player’s short playing time at this 2022 World Cup, Pioli admitted that Rafael Leau would like to have more playing time for the national team, but hinted that the Portuguese striker is not unhappy.

“If he plays a little? It’s hard to judge because Portugal has a very high quality team. Rafael is happy because Portugal is having a good World Cup, but there is a lot of quality and competitiveness in the attacking sector of the Portuguese team. “, – stressed the coach of the Italian, who also left a small warning to Rafael Leau.

“When you see him in training, you immediately understand that he has incredible potential. He has technique and speed that few others have. Over the course of a period, he had to develop and adapt to the reality at Milan, where the pressure is different from what he is. he was in Lille. It took time, but his potential to become a great player was always there. But he still needs to make the leap to become a champion because he can be even more decisive in the opponent’s zone,” he stressed.

See also  Australia closes the border and orders locking when coronavirus cases increase

“If you think about Rafael from two years ago, he has made tremendous progress. He’s missing a few things, but he’s smart and approachable. I can give him all the ideas he wants, but his talent must be left free. should improve his heading, given his physique,” he concluded.

Read also: Spaniards say Carlo Ancelotti is “in love” with Rafael Leao

Always be the first to know.
Sixth year in a row Consumer Choice and Five Star Online Press Award.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

Continue Reading

Top News

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Published

on

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Nuts have become part of a limited group of Portuguese agri-food sectors that manage to achieve much-desired food self-sufficiency. In the case of almonds it is 170% and in the case of chestnuts it is 116% in relation to the national consumption.

The value of Portuguese agricultural production in 2021 was 9.6 billion euros, representing a growth rate of 14.6% compared to 2020, and therefore it is fair to say that dried fruits today, with a production of 80,000 tons and exports reaching 100 million euros contributed. to this success.

Continue Reading

Trending