Connect with us

Top News

US coronavirus: Only two countries report a decrease in new cases

Published

on

US coronavirus: Only two countries report a decrease in new cases

A surprising increase was reported in 36 states, including Florida, which experts have warned could be the next epicenter.

Florida reported 9,585 new cases of corona virus on Saturday, the highest record one day since the start of the pandemic. That number rivals the peak of New York in a daily case in early April.

But those frightening numbers can only be the tip of the iceberg: A new survey by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows the total number of corona virus infections throughout the US can actually be six to 24 times greater than reported.

As a case of surges, US tourists “are unlikely” to be allowed into the European Union as the bloc begins to open for international travel, several EU diplomats told CNN.
Officials in several parts of the US are now trying to control the spread of the virus – which many experts say is out of control – by appealing to the country’s young population to keep their distance, urging the use of face masks. and stop their reopening plan.
The US has now reached more than 2.5 million infections and at least 125,539 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.
Your corona virus is questioned, answered here

Where new cases are on the rise

The 36 states that have experienced an increase in several cases include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Minnesota , Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Co-founder of the Maryland group who protested against the state to reopen a positive test for coronavirus

Cases are stable in Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota and Virginia.

See also  Discovery of aircraft takeoff disinfectant after COVID-19 hit

Countries hit by pause at reopening

At least 12 countries stopped or rolled back their reopening plans in hopes of stopping the spread of the virus.

Washington State Governor Jay Inslee announced on Saturday that he was pressing the pause button on the plan to reopen the country due to increasing cases. Several countries are preparing to enter the fourth phase of reopening, “which basically means there are no restrictions,” the governor’s office said in a statement.

“Phase 4 means returning to normal activities and we cannot do it now,” the statement said. “This is a developing situation and we will continue to make decisions based on data.”

This is a condition that requires a face mask
Texas Governor Greg Abbott also announced last week that he would stop further phases reopen the country.
Customers are asked to quarantine themselves after about 85 people who visit the Michigan bar get Covid-19

“I ask all Texans to do their part to slow the spread of Covid-19 by wearing masks, washing hands regularly, and moving away socially from others. The more we all follow these guidelines, the safer our country is and the more we can open Texas to business. “

A day later, Abbott said too he closed the bar and limited the restaurant’s capacity.

The governor of Arizona has also announced the reopening of the state at a pause as a result of a large surge in the case.

“We hope that our figures will get worse next week and the following week,” the governor said.

Young group please

In recent days, officials across the US have reported an increase in cases among younger groups. In Mississippi, officials appoint the fraternity party as one of the drivers behind the state cases.
Immigrant detainees describe conditions that worsen when coronavirus spreads in facilities
California Governor Gavin Newsom said last week there was an increase in younger groups who tested positive for the virus.

“There is a feeling that many young people, both of you are young so you feel a little more invincible but, with respect, often that can be a selfish mindset,” Newsom said.

See also  Porto beat Santa Clara and retained the lead in the Portuguese First League

In Florida, DeSantis said while the average age for those infected with the virus in March was in their 60s, in the last two to three weeks it fell to people in their early 30s.

Why the meat processing factory has become a Covid-19 crossing place

The governor urged younger groups to be vigilant, saying while they might not be at risk for serious complications, they could transmit the virus to someone who was there. The transmission of the country’s community, he said, “was encouraged by the group aged 18 to 35 years.”

“You have a responsibility to be careful if you deal with someone who is more vulnerable,” he the word. “We have stressed avoiding three C’s: closed spaces with poor ventilation, crowded places with lots of people nearby and close contact arrangements, such as close conversations.”

Melissa Alonso, Andy Rose, Artemis Moshtaghian from CNN, Kristina Sgueglia, Gisela Crespo and Michael Nedelman contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Another Portuguese club declared insolvent

Published

on

Cova da Piedade x Estoril Campeonato Português

After Académica OAF, another Portuguese club is in a delicate position.

SAD CD Cova da Piedade, a team that played in the Portuguese Second League until 2021, has become the latest Portuguese sports organization to file for insolvency.

After being relegated due to failing to submit all legal paperwork to play in the Segunda Liga in 2021/2022, Margem Sul’s SAD ended up playing in Ligue 3 and decided to suspend seniors this season and juniors. football 19.

In a conversation with Lusa, club president Paulo Veiga said he was waiting “further position from the club’s legal department.” However, the club, which is also one of the largest creditors of SAD do Cova da Piedade, is confident of a football asset as early as next season: “Guaranteed next season we will have a senior team and a junior team representing the colors of Cova da Piedade.”

Learn more about Bola na Rede and Moosh!

BUT Mush strives to stand out from the crowd by opening doors to new and innovative experiences. OUR Mush is changing and entering a new era, a new identity, a new logo, but the same trust and the same security to safely accept deposits and transactions from consumers. Our house also has a customer support team available at any time to resolve any issues. With a strong investment phase in Portugal, Mush presents itself with a redesigned website, with new products and new experiences, with an eye to the future – keeping the identity and the idea of ​​achieving the goal: hitting the target Mush!

See also  Beyond Meat will come to the Alibaba grocery store in China

Bola na Rede is a project started on October 28, 2010 at the Escola Superior de Comunicação Social. Since then, we have been trying to provide you with the best sports vision at the national and international levels through opinion pieces as well as breaking news. On October 28, 2019, we decided to expand our reach by launching live broadcasts on the channel. BALL IN THE TV NETWORKNo YouTube. In addition to direct, we also have a lot of information through our social networks and in various models podcasts. Operating Systems podcasts from Bola na Rede are available on a wide variety of platforms and aim to give you a little bit of everything about the world of sports in general. Currently we can offer you the following content:

  • Podcast Mourinhos vs. Guardiolas” – Program of national and international sports news.
  • Podcast “Law of the Market” Content about the latest transfers and transfer market rumors from the world of football.
  • Podcast “Talk about the ball” South American Football is here on this program that aims to bring you the latest from the major South American leagues.
  • Podcast “Out of the Ring” WWE is a company Tuevacationer media in the world and in this program we follow in detail every event of the company headed by Vince McMahon
  • Podcast “Ball of other times” – In that podcast we want you to come with us on a journey through the past of the football world. Here we remember players, teams or competitions “from another time”.

If you’d like to learn more about the project, make a suggestion, or even submit an application to become a writer, commenter, or moderator, send us an email at [email protected] The ball is in your court and we are counting on you!

See also  Sabers fans rejoiced at shooting GM Jason Botterill

Continue Reading

Top News

Prize for the Portuguese. Andre Silva is Champions League Player of the Week

Published

on

Prize for the Portuguese.  Andre Silva is Champions League Player of the Week

BUTndre Silva won the competition and became the best player of the week in the Champions League, informed UEFAthis Thursday.

The former Porto striker scored in Jota’s 3-1 victory over Celtic Leipzig, scoring a brace in a match that was signed after his Portuguese compatriot equalized.

In addition, Andre Silva also provided the assist for Nkunku, scoring the first goal of this Wednesday’s game in which huge show of foreign fans.

In addition to the Leipzig striker, Di Maria (Juventus), Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) and Di Lorenzo (Napoli) also fought in the fight for the prize, but it was the Portuguese who managed to smile after voting for the third round of the competition, the famous This Thursday is the fair.

Read also: Diogo Costa and Andre Silva named to Champions League Team of the Week

See also: Andre Silva among the nominees for the title of the best player of the week in the Champions League

See also: double dose. Andre Silva returned to celebrate and sentenced doubts

See also: Andre Silva took advantage of Hart’s colossal mistake and responded to Jota’s goal

Always be the first to know.
6th year in a row Consumers Choice and Five Star Award for Online Press.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

See also  The Corona NY virus tracking program lags behind hiring purposes
Continue Reading

Top News

Eternal Portuguese deja vu – Renaissance

Published

on

Eternal Portuguese deja vu - Renaissance

At the end of the summer of 1972, exactly half a century ago, SEDES – Associação para o Desenvolvimento Económico e Social (the most famous reformist think tank during Marseilles) issued a document for the country entitled “Portugal: The country we are, the country we want to be “. The Marseille spring had already turned into autumn: Américo Thomas had just been re-elected, the colonial war had dragged on, repression had intensified, and an economic crisis was already brewing. Seeing the general frustration, and at the same time willing to go against it, the signatories of CEDES began by asking “Where will we be and how will we be in 1980?” to criticize the obstacles that overshadowed Portugal in the early 1970s.

Among the “problems that are getting worse without a solution”, emigration stood out, indicating the country’s inability to offer better living and working conditions to those who left; the growing inflationary process, reflected in the cost of living; the inevitability of economic integration in Europe when the country is not ready for international commercial competition; “disaggregation of regional economies” with “continuous depopulation of municipalities and regions” within the country; or “deterioration of public administration” when the government fails to promote a “prestigious, moralized, revitalized and efficient public sector”. “No one will have any difficulty,” continued the text, “to add to a new list of urgent questions that seriously endanger national life, about which much has been said and which, year after year, continue to wait for a sufficient solution.” Therefore, “the prevailing feeling in the country” in contemplation of the recent past and present could not but be “annoyance at urgent battles, the need for which was endlessly discussed, at decisions that were changed or postponed, and at rejected goals” or which were not clearly formulated ” .

See also  Porto beat Santa Clara and retained the lead in the Portuguese First League

Between “untapped resources” and/or “lack of organizational and decision-making capacity” there was “widespread anxiety” stemming from the inevitable observation that “we are very far from the results that we could achieve thanks to the progress of the Portuguese and Portugal”. This was the macro goal of the reformist, humanist and liberalizing technocrats that SEDES brought together. “Ultimately,” they reminded Marcelo Cayetano, “the real obstacle can only be associated with the low political priority of economic and social development in our country.” So, in short, there was an urgent need to “radically change our economic, social and political way of life”, since “a national balance based on general anemia, repression and weakening of various participants” is unsustainable and pernicious.

SEDES did not know that the Estado Novo would fall in April 1974, that democracy would come in 1976, and Europe from the EEC (after EFTA) in 1986 of repression, finally gained the freedom that was discussed between the lines of the 1972 manifesto ., there would be conditions for solving (almost) all economic and social problems of development and cohesion.

Fifty years have passed since this manifesto, and almost the same number has already been in democracy. However, if we compare the above quotes with the Portuguese present, the feeling of deja vu is indescribable. SEDES wondered what the country would be like in 1980 and is wondering today (in its recent study “Ambition: Doubling GDP in 20 Years”) where we will be in 2040. It may be a replay of a sad fate: knowing (some) where to go, but never getting there!

See also  Beyond Meat will come to the Alibaba grocery store in China

Continue Reading

Trending