Connect with us

Top News

US corona virus: New York says it ‘tames wild animals’ from coronavirus while some countries look at hospitalization records

Published

on

Edward Bababekov cuts the hair of Frank Galiano at Barber Crew by Yury on June 10, in Bellmore, New York.
As of Saturday, coronavirus cases are still increasing in 18 states – some of which are on record or near record highs. In 17 states, the numbers tend to be downward, and the numbers remain stable in 13 states.

Of the nearly 20 states where the numbers jumped, Oregon, Nevada, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Alabama and South Carolina recorded an increase of more than 50% in the past week compared to the previous one.

The increase in coronavirus cases in some countries is not necessarily the second surge, said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top expert on infectious diseases.

“However, when you start to see an increase in hospitalization, it is a definite situation that you should pay attention to,” he said Friday.

Early hotspots saw a big increase

After the epicenter of the pandemic as home to the largest and most populous city nationally, the state of New York has made major changes.

The number of deaths related to the virus has fallen further in New York as most states are heading for a full reopening, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo said Saturday. The state reported 32 lives lost due to the corona virus, the lowest number since the pandemic struck. And Covid’s hospitalization was at 1,734 on Saturday, the lowest since March 20.

“We have done it, we have tamed wild animals, we are now 180 degrees on the other side,” Cuomo said.

While New York has made a lot of progress, he said, almost half of the country hasn’t. He noted that nearly 20 countries had experienced a surge in coronavirus cases.

See also  MOTELX 2022 will feature a cinema with live music and a book about Portuguese horror — Observer

“This is a scary moment,” Cuomo added. “We thought we had passed it. Well, the beast is fixing its ugly head. Half the state has improved. New York is just the opposite.”

And in Oregon, Governor Kate Brown gave a seven-day pause to move forward by reopening the rise in cases that followed restrictions on relaxation. “This is basically a yellow light throughout the state,” Brown said.

Some increase in cases may be the result of further testing. The number of new tests reported per day in the country has generally tripled since mid-April, according to data collected by the Covid Tracking Project.

Officials urge people to continue to follow social distance recommendations and wear masks in public, among other CDC guidelines.

“We now know that this disease has a high rate of asymptomatic spread, which is why we encourage people to wear face masks,” said US General Surgeon Dr. Jerome Adams to Detroit TV Station WJBK.

Most Americans follow the guidelines

While the pandemic shows no signs of slowing down, the good news is that most Americans have followed guidelines on how to fight it.

Nearly 80% of Americans surveyed nationally said they had isolated themselves last month, according to the CDC report released Friday.

Confusion comes to power when countries loosen corona virus locking and cases escalate

Nationally, 74% of those surveyed said they wore face masks in public either always or often.

And 84.3% of those surveyed believe their country’s mitigation strategy is the right balance or even not strict enough, the survey team, led by CDC Michael Tynan, said in the agency’s weekly report.

See also  "Favoritism? In the end, we will be able to tell if we were at the level to win.”

“Most adults report that they will not feel safe if community mitigation strategies ordered by the government such as fixed orders at home and business closures that are not important are lifted nationally at the time of the survey, although a small number of adults today who do not feel safe want restrictions this was revoked despite the risks, “the team concluded.

Jason Hanna and Madeline Holcombe from CNN contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese traveling the world on a minimoto will meet Ramos Horta on Timor – Observer

Published

on

Portuguese traveling the world on a minimoto will meet Ramos Horta on Timor – Observer

The young Portuguese, who has been traveling the world on a mini-motorcycle since 2020, will arrive in Timor-Leste on Monday and meet with the country’s president, the motorcyclist said on Wednesday.

With a residence in Oliveira de Azemeis, in the Aveiro region, and starting his journey in Avis, in Portalegre, André Souza left Portugal on July 12, 2020 to try for a world record, and since then he has driven over 55,000 kilometers through 40 countries, always on a Honda Monkey 125 with nine horses and a height of 70 centimeters.

The 26-year-old is currently based in Darwin, Australia, and it was there that he met two United Nations lawyers who, after working for several years in Timor and personal with Jose Ramos Hortarecognized in the Portuguese trip the type of gamble that would have interested the current president of Timor, the 1996 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

This friendly couple took care of everything, connected us, and now it was agreed with Ramos Horta’s adviser that I would meet with the president on August 23, although without a motorcycle, which leaves Australia only by boat on the 24th and will not be. arrive on time to appear in the photo,” says Andre Souza Luce from Darwin.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

The absence of a car at an official meeting does not prevent the motorcyclist from admitting with satisfaction: “Once I realized that I could drive Timor, it became a dream. I wanted to get to know the country that was a former Portuguese colony, and especially I wanted to get to know Ramos Horta for everything he did for the independence of this land.”

See also  Column: Sorry we had to cancel your trip. But we save your travel insurance money

Initiallypassage through Timor was not planned in the Ride That Monkey project, but became part of the scenario when the direction of the trip had to be changed to get around the fact that in mid-2020 most international borders were still closed or severe mobility restrictions were imposed due to Covid-19.

The idea was to go directly from Europe to Asia, but I had to change the direction of travel and start from America. That is why now, being in Australia and so close to Timor, I decided to go there and through Indonesia before heading to Malaysia and Thailand, ”explains the Portuguese.

Myanmar, India, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey and “some countries in North Africa” ​​are the next destinations, so travel effectively cross “all the continents of the globe” before returning to Portugal scheduled for May or June 2023.

Meanwhile in Darwin, Andre Sousa continues to recover from injuries sustained in his back after he was hit by a truck in California, USA, which left him there for two months. The problem was alleviated with physical therapy and required regular medication, but the pain worsened in Australia after several days of consecutive desert crossings between Cairns and Darwin, covering a total of 2,500 kilometers.

A young Portuguese man traveling the world on a mini-motorcycle is injured in the US.

I had to lie in bed for a week, completely motionless, and now I am accompanied by a chiropractor who has already offered me three consultations for $ 110 each as support for the project,” emphasizes Andre Souza.

The motorcyclist also notes that the trip turned out to be “much more expensive than expected”, due to the difficulties associated with the pandemic and unforeseen health problems. The accident in the United States, for example, involved two months of commercial residence in the Beverly Hills area, where “the simplest hamburger cost at least 10 euros” and, just to transport a motorcycle and driver from Santiago de Chile to Sydney, “the cost was 6000”, in addition to the cost of “a number of documents” that the Australian authorities require when crossing from Darwin to Timor.

See also  The author of 'Conjuring' seeks a new spirit for the Malibu townhouse

Facing these and other budget changes was only possible thanks to the sponsors of the project and the “donations and support of many different people from all over the world” – as in the case of a Portuguese family that this week welcomes André Sousa to Darwin and 40 subscribers from different countries who donated 50 or 100 euros in exchange for having their name engraved on the minimoto’s fuel tank.

In the next stages of the journey through Asia and Africa, “there will be even more bureaucracy”, but in order to reduce the cost of accommodation and food, the young man will strive to circulate through areas where Portuguese emigrants live what they can get. André Sousa admits that he was welcomed mostly by foreigners, but he does not hide his preference: “I always like to stay with the Portuguese. They do everything they can to help me and make my life easier, and when we’re together, it’s like coming home for a while.”

Continue Reading

Top News

″We are not at the time when the Portuguese come here and discover football″

Published

on

″We are not at the time when the Portuguese come here and discover football″

The writing

Abel Ferreira has already earned some criticism from Cookie, and now the tone has especially risen after a conference with Atlético Goianiense coach Jorginho.

In Brazil, they continue to discuss Abel’s trip to the locker room in the quarter-final match against Libertadores. Jorginho, the coach of Atlético Goianiense, who has already criticized the Portuguese coach, explained what would happen if the Brazilian team’s technical leader showed the same behavior.

“If a Brazilian coach went into the dressing room to listen to music during a penalty kick, he would be called a coward. But when he wins, nothing happens, everything is right,” he said in press statements.

Jorginho raised his tone and delivered a more general criticism of the Portuguese coach, recalling that football had already been invented in Brazil and that the reigning two-time South American champion had a tougher job ahead of him.

“Abel is a very good coach, period. The question of his abilities is not discussed. It is discussed, especially in this situation, that he did not discover football. football! What happened to Jorge Jesus was extraordinary, what happens to Abel too, but that’s because they have a team like Flamengo and Palmeiras. I want to see him do what he does here at Atlético Goianiense. Come here to become the champion of Brazil,” he explained.

See also  Corrections officers said they were banned from the Derek Chauvin floor because of their skin color

Continue Reading

Top News

Francisco J. Marques: “It seems that the evil of Portuguese football is the behavior of the FC Porto bank…” – FC Porto

Published

on

Francisco J. Marques: "It seems that the evil of Portuguese football is the behavior of the FC Porto bank..." - FC Porto



Dragons Communications Director Thinks Judges Are Overzealous

Francisco J. Márquez once again criticized the strict actions of the refereeing teams against the FC Porto bank, especially Sergio Conceição, citing as an example what happened in Wiesel compared to what happened in Casa Pia Benfica. The Communications Director of FC Porto considered it an exaggeration how the referees penalize the banks. “The strange thing is what is happening, it seems that the evil of Portuguese football is the behavior of the banks, especially FC Porto. It’s a bit strange that after two days of announcing the new recommendation, this so-called zero tolerance is limited to the Porto FC bench, when in the Casa Pia Benfica game we saw the reaction of the Benfica bench. I think it’s nothing to worry about, it’s normal in any championship, but with zero tolerance for these people should be warned. In the case of a yellow card, Sergio Conceição in Wiesel, the rules were strictly observed because he left the technical area, one can warn with a yellow card, but how many times the coaches leave the technical area “Jorge Jesus played on touch line as if he were a full back I admit that Sergio Conceição left a little technical area but this whole situation does not make sense, let’s hope that common sense will prevail and not force unnatural behavior There are players, coaches and managers who live the game intensively, there are different views on the game, I think that what is happening is a clear exaggeration and this needs to be edit,” Francisco J. Marquez said in an interview with Porto. Channel. .

By appointment


6

leave your comment

Continue Reading

Trending