Connect with us

Top News

“Unusual high incidence” of cases of the virus among children in the new UK hotspot, said the Secretary of Health

Published

on

Shoppers walk past a social distancing message painted on the pavement in Leicester, England, on Monday, June 29.
A passenger walks along the platform during rush hour at Melbourne’s Southern Cross station on June 30. The state of Victoria in Australia has reintroduced locking measures in 10 suburbs of Melbourne following a recent surge in coronavirus cases. William West / AFPGetty Images

Tuesday marks six months since the World Health Organization first received reports of pneumonia cases in China from unknown causes, which were later identified as new coronavirus infections, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday.

More than 10.3 million corona virus case has been reported around the world, including at least 505,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

But the pandemic is far from over anytime soon, Tedros warns.

“It’s not even close to completion,” Tedros said at a press conference in Geneva on Monday.

“Even though many countries have made some progress globally, this pandemic is actually on the rise. We are all together and we are all in this for the long term,” Tedros said.

Here’s what you need to know about global outbreaks:

Arizona closed bars, gymnasiums and other businesses after a “brutal” increase in the Covid-19 case: In one of the most drastic setbacks from reopening, Arizona closed bars, sports halls, theaters and other businesses for 30 days amid “brutal” Covid-19 increase in cases, Governor Doug Ducey, Monday. The setback occurred because the country had seen a surge in the Covid-19 case recently. Now there are almost 75,000 infections reported, up from 46,689 cases 10 days ago

The state of Australia has imposed a lockdown in 10 suburbs: The state of Victoria has reintroduced locking measures in 10 suburbs around Melbourne following the recent surge in coronavirus cases. Residential bookings will take effect at 11:59 a.m. local time is on July 1 and last until July 29.

Beauty salons, gymnasiums, libraries and swimming polls in these 10 ZIP codes – which have just reopened – will once again be limited, while cafes and restaurants will return to packs of food and shipping.

See also  Snapdragon chip flaws place >1 billion Android telephones at possibility of information theft

WHO team to examine how the virus starts: WHO is sending a team to China to better understand how the corona virus has just begun, Director General Tedros said on Monday. Tedros said he hoped the visit, which would take place next week, would lead to “understanding [of] how the virus began and what we can do to prepare for the future. ”

New swine flu with “potential pandemic” has been discovered: Chinese researchers have discovered a new type of swine flu that can infect humans and potentially cause a pandemic in the future, according to a study released Monday. Researchers say the disease, called the G4 virus, now shows “all the important features of a candidate pandemic virus,” and was genetically inherited from the H1N1 swine flu which caused a global pandemic in 2009.

World Rugby Sevens Series was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic: The rest of the World Rugby Sevens Series this year has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, the sport’s governing body said Tuesday.

European Union prepares to reopen its borders – but maybe not for Americans: European Union preparing to reopen its outer borders to 15 countries outside the block on Wednesday. However, one country that will not be featured on the proposed list is the United States, according to two EU diplomats.

Diplomats, who were not permitted to discuss the matter before 27 EU member states reached an agreement, confirmed to CNN that European Union governments had been given until lunchtime on Tuesday to approve a list of 15 countries that were allowed to enter.

See also  Donald Trump: US Treasury should really get slice of TikTok offer

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese plan to save energy, explosions on Russian gas pipelines and other TSF events

Published

on

Portuguese plan to save energy, explosions on Russian gas pipelines and other TSF events

Details of the energy saving plan laid out by the government were released on Tuesday. The document, published in Diário da República, includes measures for the efficient use of water, public lighting and temperature limits in air conditioners.

For example, from December 6, 2022 to January 6, 2023, Christmas lighting in Portugal should only be on from 18:00 to 24:00.

Continue Reading

Top News

The abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad will not be accepted by parliament, MP says – Observer

Published

on

The abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad will not be accepted by parliament, MP says - Observer

According to Socialist MP Paulo Pisco, the views of the BE, PCP and PAN on the abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad were voted on Tuesday in a parliamentary committee.

The Committee on Foreign Affairs and Portuguese Communities voted on Tuesday in favor of four projects – from the Left Bloc, the Communist Party of Portugal, “People-Animal-Nature” and “Enough”, which mainly advocate the abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad and free school textbooks.

According to Paulo Pisco, a socialist member of the commission, the opinions of the BE, PKP and PAN were approved, but Chega’s opinion deserved to be abstained from the PS because it contained “xenophobic elements” in its purpose.

The MP had in mind, in particular, the recipients of this teaching, which is currently intended not only for the Portuguese or the descendants of the Portuguese, but also for those who want to learn the Portuguese language, with which Chega allegedly disagrees, according to Paulo Pisco. .

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

After the approval of these opinions, the abolition of the bribe would be discussed and voted on in the plenary session of the Assembly of the Republic, but Paulo Pisco said that they should not be approved, since the “commitment” of the government is different.

“The government’s obligation is to reduce the burden of the Portuguese” and this will always be determined “in every approved state budget”.

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese health minister rejects conflict of interest over marriage to president

Published

on

The health minister said there was no conflict of interest in her marriage to the current chairman of the Order of Dietitians, saying that the trusteeship of that body had been delegated to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion.


Portugal Digital with Lusa



“Honestly, I don’t think it exists. I have no doubt that this Lady Secretary of State will fill this leadership role,” Manuel Pizarro said on Monday (age 26) on the sidelines of the Pharmacist’s Day celebrations in Sintra, in the Lisbon area.

Aware of the possible conflict of interest, Manuel Pizarro explained that he took “the most appropriate measure (…)”, which was to entrust the functions of guardianship of the Order of Nutritionists to Margarida Tavares.”

“(…) Since I took office as a minister, I have been aware that, since professional organizations have an administrative oversight role, (…) there is a risk of conflict of interest, and I have taken the measures that seem to me the most appropriate, which from the very decided at the outset that he would delegate this oversight function over the Order of Nutritionists to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion,” he stressed.

When asked about the reasons why Margarida Tavares’ name still does not appear in the Diário da República, the official said that “it was necessary to wait for the inauguration of the secretaries of state” and then “to organize the whole process of delegation of authority.” .

“It’s even a good chance that there is a Secretary of State for Health Promotion. I think custody of the Order of Dietitians has been well handed over to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion,” he repeated, noting that “he definitely won’t go through the Minister’s order.” [da Saúde]”.

See also  Donald Trump: US Treasury should really get slice of TikTok offer

“If the secretary of state is responsible for this, it should not go through the minister,” he stressed.

Manuel Pizarro’s statements came after news that the government official may have a conflict of interest because he is married to the chairman of the Order of Dietitians, Alexandra Bento.

The Order of Dietitians was created in 2011 with the approval of the current Minister of Health, who at the time served as Secretary of State for Health.

In addition, Alexandra Bento was the only President of the Order of Occupational Health to attend the inauguration of Manuel Pizarro on 10 September.

Continue Reading

Trending