Connect with us

Top News

TikTok users control the Trump campaign during the Tulsa rally

Published

on

Why Trump was upset before Tulsa rally started
Many of those who requested tickets may have been disturbing the President – in actions that were held mainly through the TikTok social media platform.
Last week, Trump tweeted that “Nearly One Million people requested tickets for the Saturday Night Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma!” and a local official said they hoped 100,000 would appear near the arena. But on Saturday, registered participants did not meet the Tulsa Bank of Oklahoma Center arena, which recognized newcomers based on first-come, first served, and Trump teams canceled plans for the President to speak in “overflow” areas outside the arena.

Coordinated efforts are being made on TikTok in the days leading up to the Trump rally on Saturday, encouraging people to register online for free events and not show up. TikTok is usually considered a platform for teenage dancing and is not, of course, political action.

A Trump campaign official pushed back on the suggestion the post played a role in participation, told CNN, “We have 300 thousand legitimate Republican registrations that voted in the last four elections. That was not [TikTok] children. It was afraid of violent protests. This is clear from the lack of families and children at the general meeting. We usually have thousands of families. “

While TikTok’s efforts seem to involve many teenagers and other young people, Mary Jo Laupp, a 51-year-old grandmother who lives in Fort Dodge, Iowa, seems to have played a central role in encouraging people to go to Trump’s website, register to attend events – and not attending.

“All of us who want to see this 19,000-seat auditorium are barely occupied or completely empty, go order a ticket now and leave it standing alone on the stage,” Laupp be told around 1,000 followers in TikTok.

And then, besides the choreography dance, comedy courage, and jokes on the school grounds, grandma’s encouragement was a challenge. Inspired users start posting videos that show they are also registered for the event. Similar posts on Instagram and Twitter make thousands of likes.

See also  PJ delays over a ton of hashish on a Portuguese ship off the Algarve - Observador

One video, with more than a quarter million views, asks South Korean pop music fans in particular to join the trolling campaign. Music fans, known as K-pop, are a force on social media – they posted more than 6 billion tweets last year alone. And they have a history of taking action for the purpose of social justice.

Earlier this month, K-pop fans gathered around the Black Lives Matter movement, drowning “White Lives Matter” and other anti-Black hashtags.

Laupp, who said he was working on the campaign of the former Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg in Iowa last fall, told CNN that he had made an initial appeal when disappointed that the demonstration would initially take place in June, a holiday commemorating the end of slavery. in the United States.

The Trump campaign turned down efforts last week. Erin Perrine, deputy director of communications for Trump’s campaign, told CNN on Tuesday, “Left doing this all the time. They think if they sign up for tickets that will leave seats empty. Absolutely not happen. There are always more ticket requests than seats available at public meetings. All they did was give us access to their contact information. “

On Saturday night, when the picture showed an empty part of the BOK Center, Laupp and young people in TikTok celebrate it. “General Z can’t be stopped,” a young boy write on TikTok.
Democratic Republic of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted at Trump campaign manager, Brad Parscale, “You have just been rocked by teenagers in TikTok who have flooded Trump’s campaign by booking fake tickets & tricking you into believing a million people want your white supremacy open mic enough to pack an arena during COVID.”
Steve Schmidt, Republican strategist who managed the 2008 John McCain presidential campaign, tweeted“American teenagers have dealt a major blow to @realDonaldTrump. Throughout America teenagers are ordering tickets to this event. The fools in this campaign are boasting about one million tickets. Lol.”

TikTok, which is owned by a Chinese company, has previously attracted the attention of US lawmakers.

Last year, Sens Chuck Schumer and Tom Cotton urged the US intelligence community to assess the national security risk of TikTok and other Chinese platforms.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Published

on

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira (KTM) qualified this Saturday in eighth position at the Japanese MotoGP Grand Prix, 16th of 20 races of the season, despite a last-minute crash.

The Portuguese from the Austrian brand set his best lap of 1.55.895 minutes, finishing 0.681 seconds behind fastest Spaniard Marc Marquez (Honda). France’s Johann Zarco (Ducati) was second with 0.208 seconds and South African Brad Binder (KTM) was third with 0.323 seconds.

“I had good speed and potential in the second quarter and on this particular lap. [a última], but I was on the floor in the ninth turn. It was a shame, but I have confidence in tomorrow (Sunday),” commented the Portuguese rider in statements released by the KTM team. “It was difficult to prepare for the race, but we’ll see.” [o que vai acontecer]”- concluded Miguel Oliveira.

The Portuguese left the third row of the grid after falling just three minutes before the end of the session, marred by rain that caused a delay of more than an hour and had already forced the cancellation of the third free game. training session, at night. The fall of the Portuguese rider occurred in the third sector of the track, at a time when his results were improving. When 15 minutes of this second qualifying stage (Q2) ended, Oliveira finished in fourth place.

However, several riders were still halfway to the last lap and the Almada rider ended up being overtaken by Spaniards Jorge Martin (Ducati), Brad Binder and Aprilia Spaniards Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales.

See also  The clashes began earlier when George Floyd continued to protest in NYC

Pole position was won by Marc Marquez 1,071 days after he was the fastest in qualifying for the MotoGP World Championship, namely the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix.

“I am very pleased with the pole position. This morning I felt very strong on the wet track and decided to give it a try. This is very important for us and for the future. Tomorrow, on a dry surface, everything will be different. history,” said the Spanish rider, who has already become world champion eight times.

The rain that hit the Motegi track became a headache for the riders and the organization, which was forced to interrupt the Moto2 qualifying nine minutes before the end and cancel the third free practice in MotoGP.

Traffic on the track only resumed after more than an hour, and the wet track was the cause of several accidents, including that of a Portuguese KTM rider who slid off the pavement without physical consequences.

Johann Zarco’s Ducati was the fastest today, reaching 302 kilometers per hour, while Oliveira’s KTM lost 30 kilometers per hour in a straight line (the maximum speed achieved by the Portuguese was 270 kilometers per hour). Luca Marini’s Ducati was the slowest, reaching 255.9 kilometers per hour, leaving the Italian in 10th place.

Champion and championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) of France finished ninth behind Miguel Oliveira, while World Cup runner-up Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati) of Italy finished 12th and last in the second quarter, bringing together the top 10 fastest in free practice and the top two in the first quarter.

See also  Fauci and Redfield testify about the coronavirus response

Already the Italian Enea Bastianini (Ducati), the winner of the previous stage in Aragon, remained in Q1, where he fell without physical consequences.

Continue Reading

Top News

Arapiraquense makes humorous videos to give Portuguese advice: “You learn and laugh” | alagoas

Published

on

Arapiraquense makes humorous videos to give Portuguese advice: "You learn and laugh" |  alagoas

“You learn and you laugh” is how Erivaldo Amancio defines the Portuguese language content he offers online. Born in Arapiraque, Alagoas, he humorously gives advice and answers questions about the Portuguese language.

  • Share on whatsapp
  • Share on Telegram

Erivaldo has 767k followers on Instagram and over 17.5k followers on YouTube. It all started a year and a half ago when he got scolded in a comment on social media.

Because the swearing contained several grammatical errors, Erivaldo responded by posting a video teaching a “lesson” to the hater.

“It happened more than once. Some of these videos were posted on humorous Instagram profiles. It made me stand out,” he said.

A literature student at the Federal University of Alagoas (Ufal), Erivaldo wants to prepare even more for face-to-face classes when he is near the end of the course. He says the purpose of the profile is to encourage followers to seek out more knowledge.

“Tips on the web are just a seed, the fruit of which can be curiosity about objects,” he explained.

Through social media, Erivaldo responds to his followers’ doubts about the Portuguese language.

Erivaldo’s profile is also in demand by contestants and students preparing for Enem.

“[Os seguidores] it is said to be a very interesting way of learning. Many regret not learning from teachers who use humor in the classroom,” he said.

Watch the latest videos of g1 AL

Continue Reading

Top News

Who is the Portuguese that FIFA 23 has included in the list of potential stars?

Published

on

Who is the Portuguese that FIFA 23 has included in the list of potential stars?

FIFA 23 is available September 30th, and EA Sports is starting to shed some light on some of the game’s oddities.

If you like to develop talent in Career Mode, you should have a list of young people at hand: these are the 20 players with the most growth potential, that is, those who can improve their general. Among them is a Portuguese.

Diogo Monteiro is one of the “hidden gems” of FIFA 23 for EA Sports. The 17-year-old centre-back who plays for Servette has general 54, but with a potential of 24 points, he could at best go up to 78.

Who is this young Portuguese? Despite his young age – born in 2005 – he already has some experience. Moreover, this season he played three matches for Servette with a total duration of 17 minutes, divided between the championship and the Swiss Cup.

Diogo Monteiro, the son of Portuguese, was born on Swiss soil and started training at Etoile Carouge, but arrived in Servette to play for the under-15 team. In the 2020/21 season, he made his debut in the first team at the age of 16 years and 37 days, having the status of the youngest representative of the Geneva club.

The central defender has made 33 appearances for the Portuguese youth teams, which he has represented since his youth. He is the captain of the 2005 generation, and it was with this status that he reached the European U-17 Championship played this year, in which Portugal reached the semi-finals, having been eliminated from France. Diogo Monteiro, by the way, worked every minute of the competition.

See also  The clashes began earlier when George Floyd continued to protest in NYC

He was recently called up by Rui Bento to the under-19 team.

Check out the respective gallery to see which players have the most growth potential in FIFA 23.

Continue Reading

Trending