Connect with us

Top News

“There will be no social distance” at the July 4 Mount Rushmore event attended by Trump, the governor said

Published

on

Mount Rushmore National Memorial in Keystone, South Dakota, is pictured on April 23.

More than 10.3 million corona virus case has been reported around the world, including at least 505,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University (JHU).

But the pandemic is far from over in the near future, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned Monday.

“It’s not even close to completion,” Tedros said at a press conference in Geneva on Monday.

“Even though many countries have made some progress globally, this pandemic is actually on the rise. We are all together and we are all in this for the long term,” Tedros said.

Here’s what you need to know about global outbreaks:

Fauci to testify: Today, members of the coronavirus task force Anthony Fauci, The Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Robert Redfield and other high-ranking government health officials will testify before the Senate Committee about the US government’s latest efforts to overcome the pandemic.

The panel of Health, Education, Labor and Retirement panels came when several states struggled to contain the virus as the number of cases continued to increase throughout the country and countries began to reopen. The US reported more than 40,000 new Covid-19 cases on Friday, its biggest daily increase.

European Union prepares to reopen its borders – but maybe not for Americans: European Union preparing to reopen its outer borders to 15 countries outside the block on Wednesday. However, one country that will not be featured on the proposed list is the United States, according to two EU diplomats.

Almost 2.6 million cases from coronavirus in the US and at least 126,000 people have died, according to JHU.

See also  Apple Fire: Enormous California wildfire forces evacuations

Diplomats, who were not permitted to discuss the matter before 27 EU member states reached an agreement, confirmed to CNN that European Union governments had been given until lunchtime on Tuesday to approve a list of 15 countries that were allowed to enter.

“High incidence” cases among children in new UK hotspots: UK Health Minister Matt Hancock said on Tuesday that there was an “high incidence” of extraordinary corona virus cases among children in Leicester, a city in the East Midlands region of England and the first in England to be locked locally. One in 10 of all positive cases across the country in the past week has occurred in Leicester, Hancock said, but local officials have warned that enforcing lockdowns would be difficult due to lack of resources.

Australia announces partial lockdown after an increase in coronavirus cases: The state of Victoria Australia announced a partial lockdown after seeing a double digit increase in newly confirmed cases for more than two weeks. On Wednesday, 11:50 noon local time, ten postal code areas in Victoria will return to stage 3 “Stay at Home” until July 29.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Marseille in California. ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

Published

on

Marseille in California.  ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

“You are the future,” President Marcelo Rebelo de Souza told a three-year-old girl dressed in traditional Portuguese clothing who came out to greet him on the podium where he spoke at Artesia Portuguese Salon. The city, located on the outskirts of Los Angeles, has not hosted the President of the Portuguese Republic since 1989. This weekend, he did it with pomp and the setting of an ornate Portuguese-American community bursting with pride.

“We have never lost the honor and responsibility of being representatives of this beautiful flag,” said Jimmy Enes, a member of Artesia DES, a Portuguese descendant, in a welcoming speech delivered in perfect Portuguese. “When we are asked who we are, we always answer”i am portuguese“and not”Portuguese-American“or ‘Portuguese American’,” he said. “That’s why we’re trying step by step to protect our heritage on the outskirts of Los Angeles, one of the greatest cities in the world.”

Continue Reading

Top News

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support



Cristiano Ronaldo got a cut on his nose and needed a bandage (Photo: MICHAL CIZEK / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

Gratitude. It seems that the attacker Cristiano Ronaldo shared his social media with Portuguese fans after a clash with Czech goalkeeper Vaclik. In the auction, the assailant received a cut on his face and needed a bandage to stop the bleeding.

“Great game, important team win! We remain focused on our goal. Thanks to the Portuguese public for the fantastic support,” the striker wrote on his Instagram account.

The match was marked by a great performance Portugal national team, who beat the Czech Republic 4-0 to take the lead in Nations League Group 2 with ten points with one matchday to go in the group stage of the tournament. Cristiano Ronaldo ended up losing to his team.

After the match, the leader of the Portuguese national team appreciated the result achieved on the road. “It was a very important victory and all teammates should be congratulated on the result,” commented the 37-year-old striker.

With three wins, one draw and one defeat, the Portuguese team has the best attack in their group with eleven goals scored and a net difference of nine. The team is one draw away from qualifying for the tournament series. The next match against Spain is next Tuesday in the city of Braga.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Major Lussati transferred money from Angola through a Portuguese partner, the company denies illegal actions
Continue Reading

Top News

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Published

on

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Writing with Lusa

Tournament of the second European circuit.

Thomas Gouveia solidified his status as the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge this Saturday by finishing the penultimate day of the second European round robin in a group of 31st placed golfers.

Thomas Gouveia hit the card with 73 shots, one over par on the course, after two birdies (one under par hole) and three bogeys (one over), after making 71 shots in the previous two days for a total of 215.

Thomas Bessa needed 75 hits, three over par and tied for scarecrows, he finished 48th with 218 total, five short of Vitor Lopez, 60th with 223, after today needs 78, with just one bird . to fit five scarecrows and a double scarecrow.

The Swiss Challenge, which concludes on Sunday in Folgensburg, France, is still led by France’s Chung Veon Ko with a total of 206 shots, one short of Denmark’s Martin Simonsen in second place.

See also  Apple Fire: Enormous California wildfire forces evacuations
Continue Reading

Trending