Connect with us

Top News

Remove China Apps: Google removes smart phone applications in India

Published

on

Google took down Remove China Apps from the Play Store after millions of Indians downloaded the application.
“Delete Chinese Application” is not available at Google Play Store on Wednesday, more than two weeks after it was launched with the guarantee that it could help Indians identify applications made by Chinese developers.

Anti-Chinese sentiment has risen in India in recent weeks because the two countries are at odds over a border dispute.

One Touch App Labs, application developer, calls it a tool to help support “independent India” by identifying the origin of applications installed on mobile phones. The company could not be contacted for comment on Wednesday.
Google (GOOGL) declined to comment on Wednesday about how to realize that the application violates the Play Store Policy, which prohibits products that “encourage or incentivize” people to delete or deactivate other applications.

Remove China Apps was downloaded more than 4 million times before being deleted, according to analysis company Sensor Tower. In India, nearly 160,000 users gave 5-star ratings to apps on the Play Store before downgrading.

But it was not entirely successful in detecting applications from Chinese developers, according to some users.

On Tuesday, user Sridhar Toopurani wrote in an application review that “while the concept is good … it does not detect MI Video, Helo etc.”

Mi Video is a streaming application from the Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi, and Hello is a social media platform developed by ByteDance, a Beijing-based startup behind TikTok. Other users said the application also failed to detect PUBG, a popular smartphone game Tencent (TCEHY).
The application identifies TikTok as a Chinese application, according to several reviews. India is one of TikTok’s biggest markets, although it has experienced several problems in the country. This application was temporarily banned in India last year, after a court ruled that TikTok could expose children to sexual predators, pornographic content and cyberbullying. TikTok appealed the decision, said it had acted on inappropriate content, and the court overturned the verdict. At that time, Bytedance he said told the country’s high court that it lost $ 500,000 in revenue every day that TikTok was blocked.
Remove Chinese Application was launched last month just days after cross-border battles between Chinese and Indian troops resulted in minor injuries to troops.

The incident, at a remote crossing in the mountains close to Tibet, was the latest in a long line of borders raging among neighboring forces, and has sparked anti-Chinese sentiment in India.

See also  White Property considers sweeping journey ban on customers, families of the Chinese Communist Social gathering: report

Sonam Wangchuk, an educational reformer who was also an inspiration for popular film characters in India, called on Indian colleagues to boycott all Chinese matters in response to the border impasse.

He shared a video on YouTube last week, urging Indians to stop buying Chinese goods, to “use the power of your wallet … and stop financing military intimidation now.” The video has been watched more than 3.7 million times.

Actor Arshad Warsi spoke to 2.2 million followers on Twitter, saying he “will consciously stop using everything that comes from China.”

“Because they are part of most of the things we use, it will take time but I know, one day I will be a free Chinese. You have to try it too,” he added.

The Remove China application caught the attention of the tabloid managed by the Chinese government The Global Times.

Indian software is “It’s likely to be punished by China,” the tabloid said write, adding that it “has been ridiculed by Chinese netizens, who suggest Indians can ‘throw away’ their Chinese-branded smartphones.”

Tensions between the two countries are increasing, but they also have longstanding business relations.

In the first three months of this year, Chinese smartphone makers Xiaomi and Vivo were the top sellers in India, accounting for more than half the market, according to Canalys research company. Samsung ranks third, and two other Chinese brands – Realme and Oppo – are in fifth position.
India said it would allow Huawei to participate in several 5G trials, while other countries were far more hesitant to use the products of Chinese technology companies.

Chinese investors have also devoted a lot of money to some of the most dense technology startups in India.

Digital payment company PayTM powered by Alibaba (BABA), food delivery platform Swiggy urgent Tencent (TCEHY) among its investors, and platforms that call cars Ola supported by DiDi Chuxing.

– Vedika Sud contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Prize for the Portuguese. Andre Silva is Champions League Player of the Week

Published

on

Prize for the Portuguese.  Andre Silva is Champions League Player of the Week

BUTndre Silva won the competition and became the best player of the week in the Champions League, informed UEFAthis Thursday.

The former Porto striker scored in Jota’s 3-1 victory over Celtic Leipzig, scoring a brace in a match that was signed after his Portuguese compatriot equalized.

In addition, Andre Silva also provided the assist for Nkunku, scoring the first goal of this Wednesday’s game in which huge show of foreign fans.

In addition to the Leipzig striker, Di Maria (Juventus), Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) and Di Lorenzo (Napoli) also fought in the fight for the prize, but it was the Portuguese who managed to smile after voting for the third round of the competition, the famous This Thursday is the fair.

Read also: Diogo Costa and Andre Silva named to Champions League Team of the Week

See also: Andre Silva among the nominees for the title of the best player of the week in the Champions League

See also: double dose. Andre Silva returned to celebrate and sentenced doubts

See also: Andre Silva took advantage of Hart’s colossal mistake and responded to Jota’s goal

Always be the first to know.
6th year in a row Consumers Choice and Five Star Award for Online Press.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

See also  2020 PGA Championship leaderboard: Live coverage, golf scores, Tiger Woods score today in Round 1
Continue Reading

Top News

Eternal Portuguese deja vu – Renaissance

Published

on

Eternal Portuguese deja vu - Renaissance

At the end of the summer of 1972, exactly half a century ago, SEDES – Associação para o Desenvolvimento Económico e Social (the most famous reformist think tank during Marseilles) issued a document for the country entitled “Portugal: The country we are, the country we want to be “. The Marseille spring had already turned into autumn: Américo Thomas had just been re-elected, the colonial war had dragged on, repression had intensified, and an economic crisis was already brewing. Seeing the general frustration, and at the same time willing to go against it, the signatories of CEDES began by asking “Where will we be and how will we be in 1980?” to criticize the obstacles that overshadowed Portugal in the early 1970s.

Among the “problems that are getting worse without a solution”, emigration stood out, indicating the country’s inability to offer better living and working conditions to those who left; the growing inflationary process, reflected in the cost of living; the inevitability of economic integration in Europe when the country is not ready for international commercial competition; “disaggregation of regional economies” with “continuous depopulation of municipalities and regions” within the country; or “deterioration of public administration” when the government fails to promote a “prestigious, moralized, revitalized and efficient public sector”. “No one will have any difficulty,” continued the text, “to add to a new list of urgent questions that seriously endanger national life, about which much has been said and which, year after year, continue to wait for a sufficient solution.” Therefore, “the prevailing feeling in the country” in contemplation of the recent past and present could not but be “annoyance at urgent battles, the need for which was endlessly discussed, at decisions that were changed or postponed, and at rejected goals” or which were not clearly formulated ” .

See also  This is the most crowded trade ever, fund administrators say

Between “untapped resources” and/or “lack of organizational and decision-making capacity” there was “widespread anxiety” stemming from the inevitable observation that “we are very far from the results that we could achieve thanks to the progress of the Portuguese and Portugal”. This was the macro goal of the reformist, humanist and liberalizing technocrats that SEDES brought together. “Ultimately,” they reminded Marcelo Cayetano, “the real obstacle can only be associated with the low political priority of economic and social development in our country.” So, in short, there was an urgent need to “radically change our economic, social and political way of life”, since “a national balance based on general anemia, repression and weakening of various participants” is unsustainable and pernicious.

SEDES did not know that the Estado Novo would fall in April 1974, that democracy would come in 1976, and Europe from the EEC (after EFTA) in 1986 of repression, finally gained the freedom that was discussed between the lines of the 1972 manifesto ., there would be conditions for solving (almost) all economic and social problems of development and cohesion.

Fifty years have passed since this manifesto, and almost the same number has already been in democracy. However, if we compare the above quotes with the Portuguese present, the feeling of deja vu is indescribable. SEDES wondered what the country would be like in 1980 and is wondering today (in its recent study “Ambition: Doubling GDP in 20 Years”) where we will be in 2040. It may be a replay of a sad fate: knowing (some) where to go, but never getting there!

See also  Lori Loughlin can serve fewer prison sentences for coronavirus

Continue Reading

Top News

Algeria interested in Portuguese companies investing in renewable energy – Observer

Published

on

Algeria interested in Portuguese companies investing in renewable energy - Observer

Foreign Minister João Gomes Cravinho met this Wednesday with his Algerian counterpart Ramtan Lamamra, who expressed interest in Portuguese companies investing in Algeria’s solar and wind energy.

Speaking with Lusa, João Cravinho also said that for 2023 it was decided to hold a “high-level meeting chaired by the prime ministers” of the two countries, a meeting to be held in Algiers, in addition to the state visit of the President of Algeria. Algeria to Portugal.

The Portuguese foreign minister said today’s visit to Algeria, where he was with Ramtan Lamamra, whom he has known since 2005 when he was ambassador to Lisbon, is “based on old knowledge”, but also a visit to a country that “does not to be a neighbor”, shares “a lot of fears”. “Not being a neighboring country, it almost shares many concerns about the region, the Mediterranean, the European Union’s relationship with Africa and the Arab world. It was important for us to talk about what we can do together as part of the geopolitical and geo-economic transformation,” he explained.

João Cravinho stressed that the issue of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was a factor “which could not but be the subject of dialogue”, and also added that “geo-economic issues related to energy, renewable energy sources and the opportunities that come with the digital transition” also were on the table.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

“While Algeria is a major exporter of fossil fuels, it is also a country with huge potential in terms of solar and wind energy. We have very qualified companies in these areas, and the Algerian side has expressed interest in [ter] Portuguese investors in these areas,” the minister said.

See also  Portuguese is among the best DJs in the world - Human Resources

The official said that it would be a matter of working with the Portuguese Agency for Investment and Foreign Trade (AICEP), with the Secretary of State for Internationalization, as well as with a sectoral ministry, namely the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change. A “high-level meeting chaired by the prime ministers” of the two countries is scheduled for 2023, a meeting to be held in Algiers, in addition to the Algerian President’s state visit to Portugal.

“We have a very busy calendar between the two countries. Now we will try to organize a mixed commission, where technical specialists from both countries will gather,” he said, stressing that there are “14 legal documents that are practically finalized and will be signed” in 2023.

João Gomes Cravinho was on a visit to Algiers today to assess bilateral relations in the economic sphere, as well as in terms of cooperation, language and culture, and to discuss international issues.

Continue Reading

Trending