Connect with us

Top News

Reggie Bush welcomed back to USC after a 10-year ban

Published

on

Reggie Bush welcomed back to USC after a 10-year ban

Reggie Bush was the center of the last Southern California football dynasty. He inspired the players to become Trojans and continued to be adored by USC fans while spending a decade in the NCAA mandated exile from school.

USC welcomed Bush back on Wednesday, 10 years on the day the NCAA denounced the program with sanctions that included the termination of official relations with the only Heisman Trophy winner whose victory was emptied.

“I’ve been dreaming of this day for more than 10 years, and I’m happy to go home!” Bush said in a statement.

Bush played running back at USC from 2003-05, helping the Trojans to a pair of national championships. Five years after he left, Bush and USC were convicted by the NCAA after an investigation determined he and his family received benefits that were not permitted while he was still in school.

USC President Carol Folt wrote in his letter to Bush that all restrictions had been officially removed and he could now “be given privileges and greetings to all Trojan soccer alumni.”

The school also ended disassociation with former basketball star O.J. Mayo, who was also penalized in 2010 for receiving benefits that were not permitted as part of a similar broad investigation of USC athletics.

Bush’s Trojans won the national championships in 2003 and ’04 and had 34 consecutive wins. He ran for 3,169 yards in three seasons, averaging 7.3 yards per carry, and scored 42 goals.

He won the 2005 Heisman, with 1,740 rushing yards and averaging 8.7 yards per carry. But the award was left blank due to NCAA sanctions. He voluntarily returned the statue to the Heisman Trophy Trust before the organization could release it. Bush is the only Heisman winner who is not recognized by the Heisman Trust.

See also  Locking of the Indian corona virus: Travel back 1,250 miles painful for someone ... on foot

“To say that I don’t want Heisman back will be a lie,” B ush said in an interview on “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” on FS1. “One hundred percent I want my Heisman Cup back.”

Heisman spokesman Tim Henning said the trust was aware of USC’s announcement of Bush but had no immediate comment.

NCAA sanctions also caused USC to be removed from the 2004 BCS title, although The Associated Press still recognized the Trojans as national champions for the season.

Bush remains one of the most popular players in USC history. No Trojan player has used Bush’s number 5 since he left.

“He is the reason why many players joined USC,” said Rams recipient Robert Woods, who played for the Trojans from 2010-12. “He is part of the USC tradition. The best USC soccer player, in my opinion. He also needs a statue.”

Bush was drafted second overall by New Orleans Saints in 2006. He told FS1 that although he went on to a productive 11-year NFL career, the way that ended at USC weighed on him.

“It always lags behind my head. “It always sticks in my mind,” Bush said. “That’s the thing that always keeps me up late at night, almost every night. It’s that kind of thing that haunts me too,”

The NCAA determines Bush receives gifts and cash from marketing agents who hope to represent him when he becomes a pro.

Sanctions against USC are some of the most severe that the NCAA has imposed in the last 20 years – even compared to similar cases. Trojans were banned from the postseason for two years and revoked from a total of 30 football scholarships for three seasons.

See also  A barrier was installed to protect the DC emancipation warning

Athletic director Mike Bohn, who took the job last fall, said Bush was very sorry for what had happened to the program, and that USC owed Bush to bring him back to the fold for everything he had done for school.

“We will stand with Reggie,” Bohn said.

Initially, Bush was banned permanently from joining USC, but a tweak made in 2017 by the NCAA Committee on Violations of his procedure reduced all previous life dissociation sentences to 10 years.

Bush began working for Fox Sports last season as an analyst at the Big Noon football studio show on campus with former USC teammate Matt Leinart. He returned to the Los Angeles Coliseum for the Trojans match for the first time when the Fox program was broadcast from inside the stadium before the Friday night contest between USC and Utah, won by the Trojans.

Bush was not recognized by the school during the match. The amount does not include those displayed in the coliseum end zone along with other USC Heisman winners such as Marcus Allen and O.J. Simpson. But Trojan fans celebrated the return of Bush that night, wearing a No. 5 and shouting “Reg-gie! Reg-gie! “

How and when Bush will be respected by USC has not been solved, Bohn said.

“I know this will be a special day for me when he can walk on campus with his three children, his extraordinary wife and be part of what is happening at USC,” Bohn said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  A barrier was installed to protect the DC emancipation warning

Continue Reading

Trending