Connect with us

Top News

Phil Mickelson leads the storm in the second round at Travelers

Published

on

Phil Mickelson leads the storm in the second round at Travelers

CROMWELL, Conn. – Sure, there are still 36 holes to play.

Of course, there are star-studded leaderboards to overcome in the next two days.

Naturally, he only won two tournaments in the last seven years.

And of course, he is 50 years old.

But the Traveler Championship is Phil Mickelson who will win.

Mickelson, who is 50 years old on Tuesday, led one shot into Saturday’s third round at TPC River Highlands after firing 7-under 63 on Friday to reach 13-under par.

Right behind Mickelson are 23-year-old Will Gordon, who played in his eighth career PGA Tour and posted an 8-under 62 on Friday, and Mackenzie Hughes, who followed 10-under 60 in the first round with a simpler 68 on Friday. Both are 12-under.

Rory McIlroy – who was grouped with Mickelson and Bryson DeChambeau for the first two rounds – Xander Schauffele, Marc Leishman, Brendan Steele, Brendan Steele, Brendan Todd and Brian Stuard were all 9-under. Ten players four shots back at 8-under – including DeChambeau, Zach Johnson, 2014 Travelers winner Kevin Streelman and Viktor Hovland.

But that day – and the tournament through 36 holes – belonged to Mickelson, who tried to achieve something very rare and special: win the PGA Tour event after reaching the age of 50.

Phil Mickelson
Phil MickelsonGetty Images

Since 2003, only three players have achieved achievements – most recently Davis Love III, who won the 2015 Wyndham Championship at age 51, Fred Funk at the 2007 Mayakoba Classic and Craig Stadler in 2003 BC. Open.

See also  SoftBank hires Goldman Sachs to discover sale selections for Arm: Sources

“It is special to win at any time, regardless of age,” Mickelson said after his round. “But it will be a big achievement. It was a pleasant day. I have a great session with [swing coach] Andrew Getson earlier this week, and we put in something that just calmed me down and felt like I could hit him a little better.

“It’s only two rounds, but it’s very positive.”

“It’s refreshing for him to play like this and see some putts in,” Getson told The Post.

Hit the fairway too. As the golf world knows, that’s usually not a strong point for Mickelson. But he failed only three fairways on Friday and hit 14 of the 18 green in regulation.

Mickelson became hot on nine backs with three birdies in a row – the first came at par-13, where he left the 19-foot eagle putt almost seven feet short but made a birdie putt.

That pushed him to the next hole, when Mickelson channeled his drive farther to the fairway than McIlroy or DeChambeau and buried 32 feet for birdies. His birdie at 15 ties him to lead and birdie at 18, where he puts his approach shot into three legs, giving it directly to him.

Mickelson called a six-foot putt for birdies on 13 keys for his spin.

“That was a big putt for me because I crashed into a perfect 3-wood on a difficult tee shot for me – I had the right water, beyond the left limit, and it was a gentle breeze,” he said. “Then I hit a pretty little iron that runs 4 right on the green edge where I want it to be, but I hit a bad first putt.

See also  ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro review: triple flip camera

“When you play the hole like you want and you come out of par-5 with par, it’s very disappointing. But I made six legs a difficult blow and only my momentum kept going. Sometimes a small thing like that can really make a lap run or take. For me it is a very big putt. “

Another thing done by Mickelson in the last two days: don’t try to catch a huge distance from the most populous DeChambeau and McIlroy tees, the two longest hitters in the game. Mickelson, by his own admission, has fallen in love for a long time during his career.

“I tried in LA to match it with Brooks [Koepka] and Bubba [Watson] – those people are long, “Mickelson remembered the Genesis Open in February.” I tried to swing it hard, and in the end I failed. I learned from it. I said, “Okay, I’m going to play this golf [TPC River Highlands] in a certain way. ’’

Through two days, he played it better than anyone.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  According to Flamengo, goalkeeper Thiago leaves the Portuguese team
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Juneteenth: In the midst of national rallies and celebrations, more cities, states and universities set it as an official holiday

Continue Reading

Trending