Connect with us

Top News

Novak Djokovic tested positive for corona virus after Adria Tour

Published

on

Serbia's Novak Djokovic returns the ball during an exhibition tournament in Zadar, Croatia, Sunday, June 21, 2020. Tennis player Grigor Dimitrov says he has tested positive for COVID-19 and his announcement led to the cancellation of an exhibition event in Croatia where Novak Djokovic was scheduled to play on Sunday. (AP Photo/Zvonko Kucelin)
The Adria tour, which took place at Zadar last weekend, was engulfed in controversy after the final was canceled after Grigor Dimitrov’s positive test.

Djokovic, the world number one tennis star who is scheduled to play in Sunday’s final, confirmed Tuesday that he and his wife Jelena were also tested positive for Covid-19 after returning to Serbia, while his children’s results were negative.

In a statement released on its website, Djokovic defended the organization of Adria Tour, a four-stage charity event held in the Balkans.

“Everything was born with a philanthropic idea, to direct all the funds raised to people in need and it warms my heart to see how everyone is responding to this,” said the 17-time grand slam champion.

“We organize tournaments when the virus has weakened, believing that the conditions for the tour have been fulfilled.

“Unfortunately, this virus still exists, and it is a new reality that we are still learning to overcome it and live with it.

“I hope things will diminish over time so that we can all live again as before. I am very sorry for every case of infection. I hope it does not complicate anyone’s health situation and that everyone will be fine.”

Djokovic added that he would remain isolated for the next 14 days and undergo another test within five days.

READ: The tennis event organized by Djokovic was attacked

‘Head Bones’

With the ATP Tour suspended until August 14th, Adria Tour began in Serbia earlier this month and both events have taken place with fans in attendance.

See also  Confederation, the statue of Columbus was destroyed throughout the US amid protests

The eight players who competed at Zadar last weekend were photographed at close range, posing for photos and playing basketball together. Borna Coric from Croatia confirmed that she also tested positive for coronavirus.

Tennis players pose for photos during the Adria Tour event in Zadar, Croatia. Coric, Dimitrov and Djokovic were all tested positive for the corona virus, while Zverev returned the negative test.

Fellow player Nick Kyrgios called the decision to host the Tour “cool-headed,” while great tennis Chris Evert pointed out the lack of social distance between players.

“Everything we have done in the past month, we have done with a pure heart and sincere intentions,” Djokovic’s statement also said about the Adria Tour.

“Our tournament is intended to unite and share messages of solidarity and affection throughout the region.

“The tour has been designed to help established and future tennis players from Southeast Europe get access to some competitive tennis while various tours are postponed due to the Covid-19 situation.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Attempts to reach out to homeless MTA failed, the inspector general found
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  NYPD police pushed the AP reporters who covered the protests of George Floyd

Continue Reading

Trending