Connect with us

Top News

North Korea: South Korea’s Unification Minister offers to step down amid worsening fights

Published

on

North Korea: South Korea's Unification Minister offers to step down amid worsening fights

Minister Kim Yeon-chul offered to step down only a day after North Korea brought down a building used by Seoul and Pyongyang for dialogue. South Korean President Moon Jae-in has not officially accepted Kim’s resignation.

Kim told reporters that he took “all the responsibility for deteriorating inter-Korean relations” and that he was “sorry for not being able to fulfill the many requests and hopes of the Korean people for peace and prosperity on the Korean Peninsula.”

The Unification Ministry is a South Korean government body that manages relations with North Korea. Kim joined the ministry last April and was tasked with starting inter-Korean talks, which broke down in a few months after three inter-Korean summits in 2018.

Pyongyang has been voicing displeasure for months because plunging into diplomacy with South Korea and the United States has not resulted in aid from sanctions that paralyzed the North Korean economy.

However, North Korea has trapped threats and actions taken in the last two weeks in retaliation. Pyongyang accused Seoul of violating an agreement made by Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, citing not responding adequately after a group of North Korean defectors sent anti-North Korean leaflets to their shared border.

During their first summit in April 2018, as part of their efforts to build a “new era of peace,” Moon and Kim Jong Un agreed to stop “all hostile acts and eliminate their means, including broadcasting through loudspeakers and distribution of leaflets” together their shared border. It is illegal for most North Koreans to consume information that is not approved by the country’s powerful propaganda machine, and that can have dire consequences.

Kim Yo Jong, Kim Jong Un’s sister and one of the country’s political officials, said the leaflets insulted his brother, who is a crime in North Korea, said defectors.

“They dare to slander the dignity of our highest leadership, our Chairperson whom we consider the most sacred as the central core, and ridicule all of our people at the same time,” he said in a statement released Wednesday by North Korean state media. North Korea also aired footage on Wednesday on state-run television that appeared to show the liaison office was smashed to pieces. The facade of a nearby building was also damaged by the explosion.

See also  China harboring armed forces-connected fugitive scientist at San Francisco consulate, FBI says

Experts say it is possible that North Korea used the leaflet issue to create a crisis to gain influence in future negotiations, a game that had been used previously in diplomatic talks.

Yoon Do-han, Moon’s spokesman, said Wednesday that South Korea would “no longer bear” North Korea’s “unreasonable comments and actions” and urged Kim’s regime to return to the negotiating table.
“This is a violation of fundamental beliefs built between the leaders of the two Koreas, and we warn the North that such irrational words and actions will no longer be tolerated,” he said.

“We especially hope that North Korea maintains basic courtesy in the future.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Published

on

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira (KTM) qualified this Saturday in eighth position at the Japanese MotoGP Grand Prix, 16th of 20 races of the season, despite a last-minute crash.

The Portuguese from the Austrian brand set his best lap of 1.55.895 minutes, finishing 0.681 seconds behind fastest Spaniard Marc Marquez (Honda). France’s Johann Zarco (Ducati) was second with 0.208 seconds and South African Brad Binder (KTM) was third with 0.323 seconds.

“I had good speed and potential in the second quarter and on this particular lap. [a última], but I was on the floor in the ninth turn. It was a shame, but I have confidence in tomorrow (Sunday),” commented the Portuguese rider in statements released by the KTM team. “It was difficult to prepare for the race, but we’ll see.” [o que vai acontecer]”- concluded Miguel Oliveira.

The Portuguese left the third row of the grid after falling just three minutes before the end of the session, marred by rain that caused a delay of more than an hour and had already forced the cancellation of the third free game. training session, at night. The fall of the Portuguese rider occurred in the third sector of the track, at a time when his results were improving. When 15 minutes of this second qualifying stage (Q2) ended, Oliveira finished in fourth place.

However, several riders were still halfway to the last lap and the Almada rider ended up being overtaken by Spaniards Jorge Martin (Ducati), Brad Binder and Aprilia Spaniards Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales.

See also  China harboring armed forces-connected fugitive scientist at San Francisco consulate, FBI says

Pole position was won by Marc Marquez 1,071 days after he was the fastest in qualifying for the MotoGP World Championship, namely the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix.

“I am very pleased with the pole position. This morning I felt very strong on the wet track and decided to give it a try. This is very important for us and for the future. Tomorrow, on a dry surface, everything will be different. history,” said the Spanish rider, who has already become world champion eight times.

The rain that hit the Motegi track became a headache for the riders and the organization, which was forced to interrupt the Moto2 qualifying nine minutes before the end and cancel the third free practice in MotoGP.

Traffic on the track only resumed after more than an hour, and the wet track was the cause of several accidents, including that of a Portuguese KTM rider who slid off the pavement without physical consequences.

Johann Zarco’s Ducati was the fastest today, reaching 302 kilometers per hour, while Oliveira’s KTM lost 30 kilometers per hour in a straight line (the maximum speed achieved by the Portuguese was 270 kilometers per hour). Luca Marini’s Ducati was the slowest, reaching 255.9 kilometers per hour, leaving the Italian in 10th place.

Champion and championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) of France finished ninth behind Miguel Oliveira, while World Cup runner-up Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati) of Italy finished 12th and last in the second quarter, bringing together the top 10 fastest in free practice and the top two in the first quarter.

See also  North Carolina earthquake with 5.1-magnitude strikes north of Charlotte at Virginia border

Already the Italian Enea Bastianini (Ducati), the winner of the previous stage in Aragon, remained in Q1, where he fell without physical consequences.

Continue Reading

Top News

Arapiraquense makes humorous videos to give Portuguese advice: “You learn and laugh” | alagoas

Published

on

Arapiraquense makes humorous videos to give Portuguese advice: "You learn and laugh" |  alagoas

“You learn and you laugh” is how Erivaldo Amancio defines the Portuguese language content he offers online. Born in Arapiraque, Alagoas, he humorously gives advice and answers questions about the Portuguese language.

  • Share on whatsapp
  • Share on Telegram

Erivaldo has 767k followers on Instagram and over 17.5k followers on YouTube. It all started a year and a half ago when he got scolded in a comment on social media.

Because the swearing contained several grammatical errors, Erivaldo responded by posting a video teaching a “lesson” to the hater.

“It happened more than once. Some of these videos were posted on humorous Instagram profiles. It made me stand out,” he said.

A literature student at the Federal University of Alagoas (Ufal), Erivaldo wants to prepare even more for face-to-face classes when he is near the end of the course. He says the purpose of the profile is to encourage followers to seek out more knowledge.

“Tips on the web are just a seed, the fruit of which can be curiosity about objects,” he explained.

Through social media, Erivaldo responds to his followers’ doubts about the Portuguese language.

Erivaldo’s profile is also in demand by contestants and students preparing for Enem.

“[Os seguidores] it is said to be a very interesting way of learning. Many regret not learning from teachers who use humor in the classroom,” he said.

Watch the latest videos of g1 AL

Continue Reading

Top News

Who is the Portuguese that FIFA 23 has included in the list of potential stars?

Published

on

Who is the Portuguese that FIFA 23 has included in the list of potential stars?

FIFA 23 is available September 30th, and EA Sports is starting to shed some light on some of the game’s oddities.

If you like to develop talent in Career Mode, you should have a list of young people at hand: these are the 20 players with the most growth potential, that is, those who can improve their general. Among them is a Portuguese.

Diogo Monteiro is one of the “hidden gems” of FIFA 23 for EA Sports. The 17-year-old centre-back who plays for Servette has general 54, but with a potential of 24 points, he could at best go up to 78.

Who is this young Portuguese? Despite his young age – born in 2005 – he already has some experience. Moreover, this season he played three matches for Servette with a total duration of 17 minutes, divided between the championship and the Swiss Cup.

Diogo Monteiro, the son of Portuguese, was born on Swiss soil and started training at Etoile Carouge, but arrived in Servette to play for the under-15 team. In the 2020/21 season, he made his debut in the first team at the age of 16 years and 37 days, having the status of the youngest representative of the Geneva club.

The central defender has made 33 appearances for the Portuguese youth teams, which he has represented since his youth. He is the captain of the 2005 generation, and it was with this status that he reached the European U-17 Championship played this year, in which Portugal reached the semi-finals, having been eliminated from France. Diogo Monteiro, by the way, worked every minute of the competition.

See also  Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter restart in New Zealand

He was recently called up by Rui Bento to the under-19 team.

Check out the respective gallery to see which players have the most growth potential in FIFA 23.

Continue Reading

Trending