Connect with us

Top News

NJ correction officers may lose their jobs due to the re-enactment of George Floyd’s death

Published

on

'All Lives Matter' protesters reenact George Floyd's death

“Allegations of abolition have been made against DOC officers involved in the video making fun of the murder of George Floyd. The officer was placed on a non-salary status while awaiting trial as part of regular procedures for government union employees,” NJDOC said. .

A source who was aware of the situation told CNN that the officer involved was Joseph DeMarco. Sources previously told CNN DeMarco had been employed by NJDOC for at least 18 years.

There will be a hearing to determine his work and DeMarco can appeal any decision. He is an employee at Bayside State Prison.

The DeMarco union also said on Friday that it faced internal demands and was suspended.

“PBA 105 has filed a union demand against Mr. DeMarco and he is suspended from our organization. We do not support members of this association who do anything outside the scope of our duties as Correctional Police Officers,” said PBA 105 United President William Sullivan.

“I hope there will be some lessons learned. As law enforcement, you are basically paramilitary and you are on duty 24/7. Your personal opinion may not be in the public aspect until retirement but for 25 years you are in the service you represent more than just opinion You yourself, “said Sullivan.

CNN was unsuccessful in its efforts to reach DeMarco.

In a statement posted to Twitter earlier this month, FedEx said it had fired an employee they allegedly saw in the video at the protest.

“FedEx holds its team members with high standards of personal behavior, and we do not tolerate the types of terrible and offensive behaviors depicted in this video. The individuals involved are no longer employed by FedEx. We support people who support justice and equality,” reads a statement that.

See also  United Airlines, pilots union reach artistic offer to restrict furloughs

Video captures re-demonstration

The whole incident lasted one minute and 23 seconds, according to a video posted to social media obtained by CNN.

The video appears to have been taken by protesters All Lives Matter and shows what happened before and after the Black Lives Matter parade passed.

The footage shows the download began about 20 seconds before the police car escorted the Black Lives Matter march to the All Lives Matter protesters.

Another eyewitness video, taken by the Black Lives Matter march, takes what happens next.

“I feel something is happening because the officers started moving us to the opposite side of the road as we marched closer to the area,” Russell Sampson, a Black Lives Matter march, told CNN.

Ten seconds after the escort police cars passed, when the demonstrators approached, the man on his knees began shouting at them. “You disobeyed, that’s what happened,” he shouted, gesturing to the protesters to the people below him. “Look … he doesn’t obey! He doesn’t obey. If he will obey, that won’t happen.”

‘Racism is everywhere’

The day after the incident, organizer of the Black Lives Matter protest in Franklinville, Daryan Fennal, told CNN that she cried when she saw her return.

Why say All life means missed the big picture

“I see mothers trying to cover their children’s eyes,” he told CNN in a statement.

“Racism is everywhere, but it’s to display it in a horrible and public way that surprises me.”

After the protesters passed, a man took a video and then started commenting on the Black Lives Matter march.

“Black people don’t mean anything to anyone,” he said on the video. “All lives are important. All lives are important. The police are important. God bless the police. God bless the police. You (dumba **) protesters.”

See also  returning to Manchester United, the Portuguese demonstrates once again his decision-making ability; verify

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Anti-mask groups issued 'exception' cards while California pondered the quote
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  US coronavirus: Only two countries report a decrease in new cases

Continue Reading

Trending