Connect with us

Top News

‘Leaving the police station is not my decision’

Published

on

'Leaving the police station is not my decision'

The Seattle Police Chief told his department on Thursday that it was “not my decision” to leave the police station in an area of ​​the city that is now being taken over by protesters – and criticized city officials for surrendering to the demonstrators.

In video address published on the department’s YouTube page, Chief Carmen Best said the city was “released into severe public pressure.”

“You fight for days to protect [the precinct]. I ask you to stand in that line. “Day after day, projectiles must be thrown, to be shouted at, threatened, and in some cases injured,” Best told troops.

“So to have a change of course almost two weeks, it looks like an insult to you and our community.”

“In the end the city has other plans for buildings and succumbs to public pressure,” he added. “I’m angry about how all this happened.”

His comments came a day after the department said it would try to reopen the Eastern Region.

The area around the police station has become a hotbed of confrontation between protesters and police over the past two weeks during demonstrations about the death of George Floyd, a Minneapolis black man whose death involved the police has sparked a global movement against racial injustice.

Officers used tear gas, pepper spray and flash bangs over the weekend to disperse the demonstrators who they said attacked them with projectiles.

The building was closed on Monday, amid increasing demand from protesters.

Since then they have occupied the perimeter of the six blocks dubbed “CHAZ” – short for “Autonomous Capitol Hill” – around the now deserted region.

See also  Boris Johnson outlined the guidelines for reopening Britain

This situation caught the attention of President Trump, who on Thursday demanded that the local government intervene to take the road back – or he would.

“Radical Left Governor @ JayInslee and Seattle Mayor are being ridiculed and played at a level our country has never seen. Take back your city NOW. If you don’t, I’ll do it, “the president tweeted, Thursday.

“This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stopped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!”

With Post cable

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Pioli ‘pulls’ Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese ‘must make a dash’

Published

on

Pioli 'pulls' Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese 'must make a dash'

FROMTefano Pioli, Milan coach, gave an interview on the Italian radio program Sky Calcio Club on Sunday in which he talked about Rafael Leao’s participation in the 2022 Mundial, a test in which the Portuguese striker was a replacement for Fernando Santos. ‘, indicating that he has been talking to his player over the past few days.

“If we talk? They have an obligation to call me at the end of the game. He is happy because Portugal is doing well. It is clear that he would like to play more. I can take advantage of this for a contract extension,” said Pioli, who also spoke about the Portuguese’s renewal process.

“He is fine with us and management and Rafael are talking. We are waiting for good news,” the Transalpine coach fired.

Looking at his player’s short playing time at this 2022 World Cup, Pioli admitted that Rafael Leau would like to have more playing time for the national team, but hinted that the Portuguese striker is not unhappy.

“If he plays a little? It’s hard to judge because Portugal has a very high quality team. Rafael is happy because Portugal is having a good World Cup, but there is a lot of quality and competitiveness in the attacking sector of the Portuguese team. “, – stressed the coach of the Italian, who also left a small warning to Rafael Leau.

“When you see him in training, you immediately understand that he has incredible potential. He has technique and speed that few others have. Over the course of a period, he had to develop and adapt to the reality at Milan, where the pressure is different from what he is. he was in Lille. It took time, but his potential to become a great player was always there. But he still needs to make the leap to become a champion because he can be even more decisive in the opponent’s zone,” he stressed.

See also  World Cups in Tashkent: more gold for Uzbekistan and Brazil; Jorge Fonseca finished seventh

“If you think about Rafael from two years ago, he has made tremendous progress. He’s missing a few things, but he’s smart and approachable. I can give him all the ideas he wants, but his talent must be left free. should improve his heading, given his physique,” he concluded.

Read also: Spaniards say Carlo Ancelotti is “in love” with Rafael Leao

Always be the first to know.
Sixth year in a row Consumer Choice and Five Star Online Press Award.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

Continue Reading

Top News

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Published

on

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Nuts have become part of a limited group of Portuguese agri-food sectors that manage to achieve much-desired food self-sufficiency. In the case of almonds it is 170% and in the case of chestnuts it is 116% in relation to the national consumption.

The value of Portuguese agricultural production in 2021 was 9.6 billion euros, representing a growth rate of 14.6% compared to 2020, and therefore it is fair to say that dried fruits today, with a production of 80,000 tons and exports reaching 100 million euros contributed. to this success.

Continue Reading

Top News

Ronaldo scores first goal in World Cup playoffs | international football

Published

on

Ronaldo scores first goal in World Cup playoffs |  international football

Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo, the top scorer in the history of the Portuguese football team, is still looking for the first stage goal to knock out the World Cups, with Switzerland, the next opponent in the 2022 World Cup, one of the last options.

Continue Reading

Trending