Connect with us

Top News

Jessica Mulroney steps down from charity amid a ‘white privilege’ scandal

Published

on

Jessica Mulroney steps down from charity amid a 'white privilege' scandal

Jessica Mulroney has been forced to quit the charity she founded with her famous sister-in-law amid a “white privilege” scandal that also lost her friendship with Meghan Markle.

Mother of three children – which Canadian press reports have go into hiding – has resigned from The Shoebox Project after his comments were burdensome to influencer Sasha Exeter.

Jessica, who is married to Ben Mulroney, son of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, founded the charity, which distributed the $ 50 box to homeless or at-risk women, in 2011 with Caroline, Vanessa and Katy Mulroney.

Caroline has political aspirations as current Ontario Minister of Transportation and Minister for Francophone Affairs, and is married to financier Andrew Lapham, son of former Harper’s Bazaar editor Lewis Lapham.

Meanwhile, Vanessa is a former editor of Condé Nast who now runs her own fashion branding agency, Power of Prive, and Katy is a very strong financial analyst.

In a statement, the charity said: “Jessica Mulroney is a founding member of The Shoebox Project and she has dedicated herself to her years of growth and success, for which we are very grateful.

“In light of recent events, the charity supports Jessica’s decision to stay away from the Board of Directors.”

Nonetheless, the charity, which according to IRS records never made more than $ 50,000 in the US, still prominently displays Jessica’s name and photo on her website.

Last week, Sasha Exeter shared a series of messages in which Jessica allegedly threatened to sue her. The controversy quickly caused the Canadian stylist to be fired from his show on “Good Morning America” ​​and his reality show “I do Redo.”

See also  In Latin The us, the Pandemic Threatens Equality Like Never ever Before

As Page Six reported on Wednesday, his friendship with Markle had been lost for some time because the Duchess of Sussex was becoming increasingly wary of using his royal connections in his work.

Sources told us the incident gave Markle the reason he needed to cut ties with Jessica.

Meanwhile, Elaine Lui, who co-hosted CTV “etalk” with Jessica’s husband, Ben, revealed that people are afraid the list is being compiled by people who support Exeter.

In a post on Lainey Gossip’s blogHe wrote that many people in the Canadian media had their own Mulroney story, but he had a “strong ally,” adding, “Many of us ‘liked’ Sasha Exeter’s post last week and we are pretty sure that Mulroneys is keeping track of them.

“On Wednesday night, when all of this came down, I can tell you with certainty that at least one email was sent from the Mulroney camp to someone who ‘liked’ Sasha’s rather threatening post.

“It’s an email that sends messages and this is the way messages are received and internalized: ‘You are on guard, so you have to think about who you are on.'”

Lui described the Duchess of Sussex as Jessica’s “super power”, adding that “he has direct relations with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.”

He writes: “The words on the road now are that Jessica is still watching people’s Instagram stories, paying attention to what people are saying, and people are nervous that she is taking names and making a list.

“It was also shared on a network of whispers that he told people who continued to be personally involved with him that ‘there are two sides to each story,’ indicating that he did not feel he was as wrong as he really was.”

See also  Google Look to Speak gets support for Portuguese and other languages

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  SpaceX's most current launch took uncommon southern route from Florida
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  SpaceX's most current launch took uncommon southern route from Florida

Continue Reading

Trending