Connect with us

Top News

India-China border tensions: Minister of Defense reveals major Chinese troop movements

Published

on

china new military might original rivers_00000806

Speaking to CNN-affiliated News18, Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh said on Tuesday, “a large number” of Chinese troops had moved to the Actual Control Line (LAC) between the two countries.

“It is true that the Chinese are on the border. They claim it is their territory. Our claim is our territory. There is disagreement about that … India has done what needs to be done,” Singh said during the interview.

“We do not want the country to bow before us, and we will not bow down to any country,” Singh added.

India and China share one of the longest land borders in the world. In 1962, the two countries engaged in a bloody Himalayan border war, and tensions have continued to erupt there sporadically in the decades since.

Last month, aggressive cross border battles between Chinese and Indian troops resulted in minor injuries to the troops. This incident has been followed in recent weeks by reports of tensions in the mountainous region which have yet to be confirmed, although neither side has publicly acknowledged anything extraordinary.

On June 1, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a press conference that the situation was at the border “Stable and controlled.”

“Both parties can solve the related problems through the established border mechanism and diplomatic channels,” he said.

Zhao’s comments came a day after the Chinese-run nationalistic tabloid Global Times published an article previewing new military weapons, which could be used to “High altitude conflict,” like the border of the Himalayas.

“Chinese border defense forces have supported border control measures and made the necessary steps in response to the construction of an illegal Indian defense facility recently crossing the border into Chinese territory in the Galwan Valley region in May,” the article said.

Actual Control Line

In 1993, after years of deadlock and territorial negotiations, China and India finally signed an agreement that sought to mark a long stretch of border between the two countries.

The border is known as the actual control line, but the exact location can be blurry, and there are still disputes between China and India about where one country ends and the other begins.

Former Indian Foreign Minister Nirupama Rao said on his official Twitter account that Delhi and Beijing could not even agree on the length of the border between the two countries.

See also  The UN Security Council is expected to adopt the first coronavirus resolution on Wednesday

“The Indian border of China is 3,488 kilometers (2,167 miles) long … In the Chinese definition, the India-China border is around 2,000 kilometers (1,242 miles),” he said.

Chinese state media has also covered this problem.

“There is no actual line of control along the China-India border that is recognized by both parties,” Global Times said in an article on May 25.

The border tension last peaked in 2017 when troops gathered in and around the disputed highland of Doklam, a thin spot. a strip of land at the crossroads between India, China and Bhutan. Although not part of the Indian region, this area is close to the “chicken neck,” a strategic corridor that functions as a vital artery between Delhi and its northeastern states.
Bhutan accused China of building roads within its territory, which Beijing refused. India then stepped up to support Bhutan’s claim, causing a standoff for months, which included live shooting exercises by the People’s Liberation Army on the border.
The Chinese and Indian Army are involved in & # 39; aggressive & # 39; cross-border battles

US voices support India

On May 29, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo entered the territorial saga, voicing his concern over border disputes with the podcast.

“The Chinese Communist Party – the nature of the activities they carry out … Even today, an increase in Chinese power is moving north of India on the actual control line on the Indian border,” Pompeo said. “These are the types of actions taken by authoritarian regimes and they have a real impact.”

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump said last month that the US would be willing to mediate or mediate border disputes between India and China.

See also  Even nations that acquired coronavirus beneath regulate are now struggling. That's deeply regarding for the rest of the planet

“We have told India and China that the United States is ready, willing and able to mediate or mediate their current border disputes. Thank you!” he tweeted.

Relations between the US and China have deteriorated rapidly during the coronavirus pandemic and as Beijing seeks to tighten its grip on the semi-autonomous city of Hong Kong.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry said in its response that it did not need “third party” intervention on its border with India. But US officials continue to talk about the situation.

On June 1, Eliot Engel, chair of the US House Foreign Affairs Committee, said that he was “deeply concerned” by the Chinese troop movement along the actual control line.

“China shows once again that it is willing to bully its neighbors rather than resolve conflicts according to international law,” he said in a statement.

“I strongly urge China to respect norms and use existing diplomacy and mechanisms to resolve its border questions with India.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  What Makes Professional AV Solutions the Top Priority in Business Meetings

Continue Reading

Trending