Connect with us

Top News

How the Trump rally in Tulsa will be a trial for the GOP convention

Published

on

How the Trump rally in Tulsa will be a trial for the GOP convention

President Trump’s re-election campaign pulled all the stops to a rally in Tulsa this weekend – with plans for a big festival that will set the stage for the Republican National Convention later this year, officials told The Post.

The “Great American Comeback” program, scheduled for Saturday, was crucial to the campaign, beginning anew more than three months after the coronavirus pandemic forced candidates off the track.

It will also act as a trial for campaigners and Republican National Committee officials before their face-to-face convention in Jacksonville this August.

The event will include bands, and organizers for Team Trump have hired private jets to fly in some of the more than 50 replacements that will be present. Several film crews have been recruited to record footage that will be quickly used in campaign advertisements.

A temperature check will be performed on site, and masks and hand sanitizers will also be distributed.

One million people have registered to attend the rally, the campaign said, adding that they hoped tens of thousands of people would actually attend.

The indoor event will be held at the Bank of Oklahoma Center, which holds 19,000 people. Next door, the second phase will be prepared to accommodate tens of thousands more.

Those who cannot enter the arena to see the main event will still have the chance to see the commander up close, a campaign source told The Post Thursday. Trump plans to perform at each stage and hopes to speak in both.

Other participants will include at least a dozen House Republicans and three GOP senators: Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), James Lankford (R-Okla.) And Tom Cotton (R-Ark.).

See also  Foreign Minister highlights Portugal's contribution to the "very positive" year of the European Union - Observer

While the event will be expensive for the campaign, officials say they raised $ 14 million on Sunday just by promoting the Oklahoma rally and the president’s birthday.

The event was originally scheduled for Friday, but was moved because it landed on the same day as Juneteenth.

“Many of my African-American friends and supporters have reached out to suggest that we consider changing the date in honor of this Holiday, and by paying attention to this important opportunity and all that it represents,” Trump said when changing the date.

The location of the rally also came under fire amid national unrest over the death of police-detention George Floyd.

Tulsa in 1921 was the site where white mobs attacked black residents and their homes and businesses in the historic part of the city known as “Black Wall Street.” Hundreds of residents were killed and thousands more displaced.

In an Oval Office interview last month, Trump told The Post that he saw the demonstrations as important to his campaign, saying that he would be at a “big disadvantage” if COVID-19 prevented demonstrations before election day in November.

“I hope we can get a demonstration back before the election. I think it’s very important,” Trump said in the interview.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

CBF congratulates Cruzeiro on the title, but makes a mistake with the “Portuguese” Pezzolano

Published

on

CBF congratulates Cruzeiro on the title, but makes a mistake with the "Portuguese" Pezzolano

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) made a “gaffe” when congratulating Cruzeiro on the Brazilian Serie B title won last Friday (30) after the failures of Grêmio and Bahia. While congratulating the heavenly team, the entity “managed” to change the nationality of coach Paulo Pezzolano, identifying him as Portuguese.

“Until the 32nd round, the team under the leadership of the Portuguese Paulo Pezzolano had 71 points, eighteen more than Gremio, which is currently in second place. Organization website.

Cruzeiro fans are already “heavy” because of the CBF, because the organization does not issue the Cruzeiro Cup in next Wednesday’s (5) fight against Ituano at the Mineirana. The trophy will only be delivered in the last round of the competition, scheduled for November 6th.

The main bet of the Ronaldo leadership is to start the process of “reconstruction” of Cruzeiro, Pezzolano is a Uruguayan born in Montevideo on April 25, 1993.

The coach’s employment contract was duly registered in the CBF Daily Newsletter (BID). It states the correct nationality, such as Uruguayan.

In addition, when he was still a player, Pezzolano also played in Brazilian football, defending Atlético-PR.

Now off the field, Pezzolano became the foreign manager with the most appearances, ahead of Cruzeiro (52), and also the most victorious.

He was the only foreigner to win the title for Cruzeiro. His “predecessors”, the Uruguayan Ricardo Diez (1953), the Argentine Filpo Nunez (1955 and 1970) and the Portuguese Paulo Bento (2016), spent less time in Rapos and could not lift a single trophy.

In 52 games under Pezzolano Cruzeiro won 33, drew nine and lost 10 (69.23% profit). In these matches, the heavenly team scored 85 goals and conceded only 39.

See also  Simmons also won a court victory over the lawsuit of Leon Black's Apollo

Continue Reading

Top News

A moment of silence in Portuguese football over the tragedy in Indonesia

Published

on

A moment of silence in Portuguese football over the tragedy in Indonesia

The Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) announced this Sunday a minute of silence at the competitions it organizes, namely the Portuguese Cup, in memory of the victims of the tragedy that occurred in Indonesia.

“The Directorate of the Portuguese Football Federation announces a moment of silence in memory of the victims of the tragedy that occurred at the football stadium in Indonesia. The official website of the organization.

In the same note, FPF President Fernando Gomes says that “with great surprise and a feeling of deep pain, but also indignation” he learned “of the tragic scale of the events that have taken place in the stadium. in Indonesia”.

“It is with great sadness that I deplore the dramatic consequences of this tragedy, which resulted in the death of more than 170 fans, including many children. A football stadium should be a stage for celebration and joy, not for violence and death,” he said. concluded.

A moment of silence will be observed at the competitions organized by the FPF, namely the Portuguese Cup, the second stage of which will take place this weekend.

Indonesian authorities said 174 people were killed in unrest at the end of a football match in East Java, but acknowledged that the number could rise as many of them were critically injured.

See also  John Bolton's book: China likes it because it's embarrassing Donald Trump, but not the part about Xi Jinping

The tragedy, one of the worst in the history of football, occurred on Saturday evening when about 3,000 fans took to the field after Arema’s home team lost 3-2 to rivals Persebay Surabaya.

Police fired tear gas to try to contain the angry supporters, but their actions caused panic and thousands of people rushed to the exit.

Many people were trampled to death in the chaos of the stampede. At least two police officers were killed in the unrest that spread outside the stadium.

The Indonesian league was suspended and the authorities ordered an investigation into the incidents.

Continue Reading

Top News

New serious injury of the player of the national team of Portugal

Published

on

Extremo português oferecido ao Manchester United Lesão Pedro Neto

An injury forces Pedro Neto to be substituted in the Wolves game.

Bad news for Wolverhampton Wanderers and Pedro Neto. The Portuguese received a new injury, and, according to Bruno Lage, it could be serious.

Away to West Ham, where the Portuguese lost 2-0, Pedro Neto was replaced in the 24th minute by Adama Traore, and after the match, the Wolves coach said that the injury could be “ugly”.

Wolves are now in the Premier League relegation zone, and Pedro Neto may be left with no hope of qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar.

Learn more about Bola na Rede and Moosh!

BUT Mush strives to stand out from the crowd by opening doors to new and innovative experiences. OUR Mush is changing and entering a new era, a new identity, a new logo, but the same trust and the same security to safely accept deposits and transactions from consumers. Our house also has a customer support team available at any time to resolve any issues. With a strong investment phase in Portugal, Mush presents itself with a redesigned website, with new products and new experiences, with an eye to the future – keeping the identity and the idea of ​​achieving the goal: hitting the target Mush!

Bola na Rede is a project started on October 28, 2010 at the Escola Superior de Comunicação Social. Since then, we have been trying to provide you with the best sports vision at the national and international levels through opinion pieces as well as breaking news. On October 28, 2019, we decided to expand our reach by launching live broadcasts on the channel. BALL IN THE TV NETWORKNo YouTube. In addition to direct, we also have a lot of information through our social networks and in various models podcasts. Operating Systems podcasts from Bola na Rede are available on a wide variety of platforms and aim to give you a little bit of everything about the world of sports in general. Currently we can offer you the following content:

  • Podcast Mourinhos vs. Guardiolas” – Program of national and international sports news.
  • Podcast “Law of the Market” Content about the latest transfers and transfer market rumors from the world of football.
  • Podcast “Talk about the ball” South American Football takes place here in this program that aims to bring you the latest from the major South American leagues.
  • Podcast “Out of the Ring” WWE is a company Tuevacationer media in the world and in this program we follow in detail every event of the company headed by Vince McMahon
  • Podcast “Ball of other times” – In that podcast we want you to come with us on a journey through the past of the football world. Here we remember players, teams or competitions “from another time”.
See also  Learn how to invest in the stock and cryptocurrency markets

If you’d like to learn more about the project, make a suggestion, or even submit an application to become a writer, commenter, or moderator, send us an email at [email protected] The ball is in your court and we are counting on you!

Continue Reading

Trending