Connect with us

Top News

How horse racing based at Belmont Park overcomes the challenges of the coronavirus

Published

on

How horse racing based at Belmont Park overcomes the challenges of the coronavirus

At a time when the number of horse races in the country is shrinking due to the coronavirus pandemic, television programs centered around the race are developing.

And starting Wednesday, “American Day in Races” will finally be able to show who is in his own backyard again. The broadcast produced by the New York Racing Association (NYRA) in partnership with Fox Sports – broadcast on Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 and locally on MSG Plus – will be the only way to see the race back in Belmont without fan Park.

“Hats off to the production team at NYRA,” NYRA chief of income and NYRA Bets president Tony Allevato said in a telephone interview. “Performances are difficult for us to produce as they are, and can then do it during a pandemic with a small portion of the staff that we usually have because the existing social distance protocol is truly an amazing thing that the team is able to do. I am very proud of them. It was very difficult, we did programming five to six hours per day with a quarter of the staff we had for a normal two-hour show. But everyone is truly united. “

Since the last race in New York was run on Aqueduct on March 15, “American Day in Races” has been on air. This has filled the time showing races of tracks that remain open through pandemics, such as the Tampa Bay Downs in Florida and Oaklawn Park in Arkansas, before adding Churchill Downs when it reopens in May.

See also  Additional COVID circumstances joined to Maine marriage ceremony reception, 53 overall circumstances so far

There are 10-15 people who work on the production of the show, according to Allevato, with talent who work from home and remotely in other locations.

Last week, analysts Andy Serling and Maggie Wolfendale and former jockey Richard Migliore were able to return to Belmont Park – sitting separately – for the show. The broadcasting team includes hosts Greg Wolf, Serling, Wolfendale, Migliore and Acacia Courtney, among others, with Wednesday coverage set for 1-6 nights. on MSG Plus.

“Even now at Belmont, we will obey very strict rules,” Allevato said. “Our talent will not be allowed on the paddock. When people don’t use cameras, they will wear masks. Whatever interview is conducted will be conducted with a boom mic so that they can keep a distance of 6 feet from the person we interviewed. “

Even though Wolfendale, a paddock analyst, won’t really be on paddock, he hopes his analysis will stay the same.

“I think we will expose people to some competition that they never knew existed in sports racing for ordinary fans,” Wolfendale said, referring to battles such as “blue collar” Mind Control versus “Raised Queen” actors on Saturday. Runhappy Carter Handicap at Belmont Park. “It has been lost for years because of the type of horse racing falling into backburners.”

Allevato said being on FS1, especially when most of the other sports were still closed, had given the opportunity to reach a larger audience. Because of this, he has made special coverage to remember that not all viewers are diligent fans of horse racing.

See also  In Portuguese, the Brazilian celebrated the winning goal at the end by shooting the crowd after racist slurs.

That also includes placing extra emphasis on NYRA betting, because the online betting platform has run promotions to encourage viewers to register with the account. Usually their biggest day for registering an account is the Kentucky Derby day and that remains true this year, even without the Triple Crown first leg running.

“On that day, we had three times the number of people who opened accounts compared to the previous year on the Kentucky Derby day, which is an extraordinary number,” Allevato said. “So the audience is very, very involved. I think people are hopefully returning to horse racing. “

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Who is Paulo Bento, the Portuguese coach from South Korea who coached Cruzeiro?

Published

on

Goal.com

The coach commanded the Portuguese national team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and left the South Korean national team after being eliminated in Qatar.

Portuguese coach Paulo Bento qualified South Korea for the playoffs of the World Cup, something the team had not achieved since 2010, when the South Korean team reached the 1/8 finals of this championship. But 4-1 rout against Brazil as a result, shortened the path of the Asian team, as well as put an end to the work of Paulo Sousa in the national team.

Paulo Bento started his career as a coach with the youth team of Sporting Clube Portugal in 2004. At the club, he commanded the youth team for two seasons, winning the junior national tournament in his first year. Incidentally, the coach took over the first team shortly after he announced his retirement as a player.

Given his prominence in the youth categories, Paulo was chosen to replace José Peseiro, who was eliminated in European competition, in the professional team of Sporting CP for the 2005 season./2006.

Professionally, Bento was runner-up for four seasons in a row in the Portuguese Championship. Despite this, the coach won two Portuguese Cups and two Candido de Oliveira Super Cups. On November 6, 2009, the coach resigned.

Having distinguished himself at Sporting, Paulo Bento was announced as Portugal’s coach on 21 September 2010 after the World Cup in South Africa, where the then-champion Spain was selected in the round of 16.

Gettyimages

In qualifying, the coach managed to show good results in the first games, plus, of course, take Portugal to the semi-finals of Euro 2012, taking off from Spain on penalties. Having stood out in competitions, the coach extended the contract until Euro 2016.

See also  Francisco Javier de Olazábal: If I were Portuguese, I got the impression that I would be in politics - Weekend

However, after losing to Albania in qualifying for Euro 2016, the coach could not resist and was fired in September 2014. The unsuccessful campaign at the World Cup of the same year in Brazil also affected.

After the Portugal national team, Paulo Bento returned to Brazil in May 2016, but this time to coach the Cruzeiro club. With a contract until December 2017, the coach made his debut in the second round of the Brasileirão the same year.

Paulo Bento Cruzeiro Brazilian Championship in Sao Paulo 05062016Washington Alves/Light Press/Cruzeiro

However, Bento only lasted 17 matches in power with six wins, three draws and eight losses, leaving the team in second-to-last place in the tournament.

On 11 August 2016, the coach was announced as the new commander of Olympiacos, Greece, where he remained until 6 March 2017, winning the Greek title. Following this, Paulo Bento was announced as Chongqing Dangdai of China leading the team for only 15 matches.

20221124 Paulo BentoGetty Images

On August 16, 2018, Paulo Bento was announced as the new coach of South Korea following the departure of Shin Tae-yong, who lost in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup.

As part of the South Korean national team, the coach has 55 wins, 12 draws and eight losses, having won the East Asian Cup title and classified the team at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. After being knocked out against Brazil in the 1/8 finals, the Portuguese announced his retirement from the national team.

Continue Reading

Top News

Pioli ‘pulls’ Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese ‘must make a dash’

Published

on

Pioli 'pulls' Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese 'must make a dash'

FROMTefano Pioli, Milan coach, gave an interview on the Italian radio program Sky Calcio Club on Sunday in which he talked about Rafael Leao’s participation in the 2022 Mundial, a test in which the Portuguese striker was a replacement for Fernando Santos. ‘, indicating that he has been talking to his player over the past few days.

“If we talk? They have an obligation to call me at the end of the game. He is happy because Portugal is doing well. It is clear that he would like to play more. I can take advantage of this for a contract extension,” said Pioli, who also spoke about the Portuguese’s renewal process.

“He is fine with us and management and Rafael are talking. We are waiting for good news,” the Transalpine coach fired.

Looking at his player’s short playing time at this 2022 World Cup, Pioli admitted that Rafael Leau would like to have more playing time for the national team, but hinted that the Portuguese striker is not unhappy.

“If he plays a little? It’s hard to judge because Portugal has a very high quality team. Rafael is happy because Portugal is having a good World Cup, but there is a lot of quality and competitiveness in the attacking sector of the Portuguese team. “, – stressed the coach of the Italian, who also left a small warning to Rafael Leau.

“When you see him in training, you immediately understand that he has incredible potential. He has technique and speed that few others have. Over the course of a period, he had to develop and adapt to the reality at Milan, where the pressure is different from what he is. he was in Lille. It took time, but his potential to become a great player was always there. But he still needs to make the leap to become a champion because he can be even more decisive in the opponent’s zone,” he stressed.

See also  Additional COVID circumstances joined to Maine marriage ceremony reception, 53 overall circumstances so far

“If you think about Rafael from two years ago, he has made tremendous progress. He’s missing a few things, but he’s smart and approachable. I can give him all the ideas he wants, but his talent must be left free. should improve his heading, given his physique,” he concluded.

Read also: Spaniards say Carlo Ancelotti is “in love” with Rafael Leao

Always be the first to know.
Sixth year in a row Consumer Choice and Five Star Online Press Award.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

Continue Reading

Top News

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Published

on

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Nuts have become part of a limited group of Portuguese agri-food sectors that manage to achieve much-desired food self-sufficiency. In the case of almonds it is 170% and in the case of chestnuts it is 116% in relation to the national consumption.

The value of Portuguese agricultural production in 2021 was 9.6 billion euros, representing a growth rate of 14.6% compared to 2020, and therefore it is fair to say that dried fruits today, with a production of 80,000 tons and exports reaching 100 million euros contributed. to this success.

Continue Reading

Trending