Connect with us

Top News

Editor in Chief Bon Appétit was called in to resign because of the brown photo

Published

on

Editor in Chief Bon Appétit was called in to resign because of the brown photo

The call for the resignation of Bon Appétit’s old editor, Adam Rapoport, reached a boiling point after a photo appeared showing him in brown.

A freelance writer for Condé Nast’s foodie magazine on Monday dug up and posted a 2013 photo, originally posted on Instagram by Rapoport’s wife, Simone Shubuck, who showed the couple who appeared in brown because of Halloween costumes that were clearly visible.

The picture, which has since been taken down from Shubuck’s account, displays the words “me and papi” and the hashtag “boricua.”

Neither Condé Nast nor Rapoport responded to requests for comment.

Allegations arose soon after that the title Condé Nast’s food discriminated against paid minorities.

Sohla El-Waylly, a chef and restaurant owner who was hired last year as an assistant editor at Bon Appétit, accused on Instagram that only white editors are paid to appear in videos for the BA Test Kitchen video series. He said he was hired with a salary of $ 50,000 to “help white editors with far less experience than me.”

“I was pushed in front of the video as a display of diversity,” he wrote. “In fact, currently only white editors are paid for their video appearance. There are no colored people who get compensation for their appearance. “

Later that day, former Bon Appétit staff photographer Alex Lau voiced his concern about workplace culture brought about by Rapoport via Twitter. He wrote that he left the magazine “for various reasons, but one of the main reasons was that the white leadership refused to make the changes that my BIPOC [Black, Indigenous, People of Color] My colleagues and I constantly encourage me. “

See also  ″ Bernardo Silva is the best Portuguese in the Premier League ″

He continued, “when I asked ‘why do we take food all over the world, but haven’t touched the entire African continent?’, Their response: ‘oh you know, the recipe is complicated, and readers might not want to make food. “

The problem starts at the top of Condé Nast, which has “Vogue,” “Vanity Fair,” “The New Yorker” and “GQ,” he said, referring to CEO Roger Moore and Vogue’s artistic director and editor Anna Wintour.

He added: “This is the last problem. blame roger moore, blame and others, blame everyone in the company that you have never heard of. they are responsible for creating this culture. “

The counterattack against Rapoport and Bon Appetit continued on Monday when the magazine posted an article about black-owned restaurants run by the city, which according to the article was “a practical way, actions that could be taken to stand in solidarity with the skin community. black now, and always. “

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

PAN wants to abolish fees for teaching Portuguese abroad

Published

on

PAN wants to abolish fees for teaching Portuguese abroad

O PAN has submitted a draft to Parliament to stop collecting tuition/entry fees for young Portuguese and descendants of Portuguese who attend or will attend Portuguese language teaching abroad.

The diploma, which was presented this Wednesday to the Assembly of the Republic, refers to a petition signed by 4,524 people that was delivered to Parliament in the previous legislature. Petition titled “Portuguese for all! Concerning the right of our children and young people to study Portuguese abroad, it proposes to “protect and strengthen the teaching of Portuguese among children and young people of Portuguese and Portuguese living abroad”.

PAN understands that the formal learning of the Portuguese language by Portuguese children and young people living abroad is “more than the right of these children and young people, is the responsibility of the state” and is a way to ensure the continuity of “Portuguese across borders”.

“Petition No. 168/XIV/2.ª gives the Assembly of the Republic the opportunity to review the state of the official network of teaching Portuguese abroad for the Portuguese and the descendants of the Portuguese, as well as to consider its problems and the causes of these problems. “, – says PAN.

The party, led by Inés Sousa Real, warns of “a small number of students studying Portuguese abroad” and justifies this fact with “mandatory attendance rates applicable to all students”.

“Currently, the school has about 20,000 students, which is a third of what it was in 2008. This situation is largely justified by the fact that in the 2012/2013 academic year there was a mandatory attendance rate for all students, which meant revenge on the idea that there are constitutional rights for the Portuguese community abroad, but they can only be exercised if they are paid, which is regrettable,” the document says.

See also  What is Community Fundraising?

PAN also reports that even during the pandemic, students had to continue paying tuition fees “despite being unable to attend remote classes due to a lack of necessary resources.”

“In the previous legislature, the PAN at the headquarters of the Education Commission requested the Minister of Education for the designation of the revenues generated from the collection of tuition fees, but never received a clear answer,” the party points out, also mentioning that he had already submitted a draft resolution about the abolition of tuition/registration fees for these young people who are “only not moving forward due to the dissolution of the Assembly of the Republic”.

“As part of this initiative, PAN, in an effort to address this clearly defined problem, is proposing to abolish tuition fees for all Portuguese and Portuguese young people who attend or will attend Portuguese language teaching, from January 1, 2023, as this makes no sense in constitutional law payable, and that students have to pay for what is already funded by the Portuguese state,” the document says.

See also: BE wants to irrigate golf courses only by reusing wastewater

Always be the first to know.
6th year in a row Consumers Choice and Five Star Award for Online Press.
Download our free app.

Continue Reading

Top News

What Makes Professional AV Solutions the Top Priority in Business Meetings

Published

on

Do you need someone to get you the most promising professional AV control solutions but don’t know specifically when the market is overflowing with choices? Well, don’t you worry anymore because we have tons of choices right at your disposal for the best experience, be it for your office or even for educational purposes.

A professional AV solution’s major work is to ensure that you can have a one-of-a-kind experience, and this stands not only for meetings but even for presentations.

The AV solution is one where there is a huge display, and each of the members in the room can see and hear the deeds of the presentation very easily. Not only that, it is different from the monotonous lectures and adds a bit of spark, making people more engaged. After all, visual aids are always great for a better impact.

Affordable AV Solutions with Biamp Systems

However, the problem many people face at this juncture is that they do not end up finding someone who offers quality services and that too by not charging a bomb. It could be difficult to shell out a lot of money for the initial setup or maintenance; hence, finding someone affordable is very important. Biamp Systems ensures you have the most amazing experience, and that too by not having to spend too much.

The idea always has been to provide the best of services close price range. However, this has not come in the way of the high quality; that is what they have taken up as a motto. If you want good services at a price range that is convenient for everyone, then Biamp Systems is the name that you should believe in.

See also  ″ Bernardo Silva is the best Portuguese in the Premier League ″

Conclusion

So, if you want to offer a great audio-visual meeting experience to all the participants from different geographical locations, you must opt for professional AV Solutions today. Connect with team Biamp Systems and place your order.

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese club sign Matheus Pereira from Cruzeiro

Published

on

Portuguese club sign Matheus Pereira from Cruzeiro

Credit: Bruno Haddad / Cruzeiro

Boavista received a positive response from Cruzeiro for the final transfer of Matheus Pereira. The left-back, first of all, is the request of coach Armando Petit to replace Janis Amas, who is due to leave the club in the coming days.

O Torcedores.com It turned out that the clubs started the exchange of documents this Wednesday morning (29) and the purchase of the defender is in full swing. Now Boavista is looking to get past the red tape to finally announce the signing of the player.

Mateus Pereira has a contract with Cruzeiro until June 2023 and is on loan from Guarani until the end of the current season. The club from Sao Paulo has already been informed that it will lose the left-back in the next transfer window.

Also according to the report, Boavista will invest 3 million euros (16.6 million reais at the current price) to get 60% of the economic rights for four seasons. Cruzeiro, in turn, will keep 40% of the season ticket for future sale.

Mateus Pereira was one of the full backs, according to the Boavista Market Analysis Center, since 2021 I have kept a player in my field of vision. At first, the deal will be on a season-long lease.

However, the Minas Gerais club eventually agreed to negotiations when the Portuguese made the final choice in favor of buying the athlete. Recently, Mateus Pereira received a poll from Braga. However, Cruzeiro was not enthusiastic about this business model.

Matheus Pereira held talks with the club from Rio de Janeiro

Having failed to return to Serie A of the Brazilian championship, Cruzeiro placed Matheus Pereira on the list of “fixed” players. In January, for example, he appeared on the radar to protect Fluminense.

See also  How to Reopen Educational institutions: What Science and Other Nations Train Us

At the direction of Abel Braga, the then tricolor coach, the defender even had a verbal agreement with Fluminense. However, the board backed out of the deal shortly after signing Chris Silva from Sheriff Moldova and Mauricio Pineyda, who was at Barcelona, ​​Ecuador.

Out of coach Paulo Pezzolano’s plans, the left-back was loaned out to Guarani until the end of the current season. Bugre has 23 matches, three goals and one assist. In addition, he is one of the best players in the Brazilian Serie B position.

Matheus Pereira figures

Matheus Pereira, based on the basic categories of Cruzeiro, arrived at Toca da Raposa II in 2017. He belongs to the same generation as goalkeeper Gabriel Braçao, defender Kaka, right-back Vitinho, midfielder Mauricio, striker Cayo Rosa and others.

With these players, Matheus Pereira won the 2018 Under-20 Mineiro Championship. Two years later, coach Adilson Batista promoted the player to the first team, who decided to bet on the first team to form a squad that would play for the first time. in series B.

In two seasons, he established himself as the owner of the left back of Rapos. At the same time, he represented the club in 61 matches, scored one goal and made three assists.

This season, for example, 21-year-old Mateus Pereira has made 23 appearances for Guarani: 12 in Brazil’s Serie B, two in the Brazilian Cup and nine in the Campeonato Paulista. In addition, he scored three goals, provided an assist and spent 2033 minutes on the field.

Highlights: Cruzeiro 2 x 0 Ponte Preta (Serie B). Watch the video!

Continue Reading

Trending