Connect with us

Top News

Dozens of Secret Service agents will be quarantined after Trump Tulsa rallies

Published

on

Dozens of Secret Service agents to self-quarantine after rally

Mass quarantine has led to the decision that Secret Service agents involved in the presidential trip must be tested for corona virus over the next few weeks, according to an email sent to agency personnel. The e-mail sent on Wednesday was confirmed by law enforcement officials. Agents must now be tested 24 to 48 hours before the president’s trip, the email said. The new test mandate will be valid until July 4.

Law enforcement officials say the number of quarantine agents is on the “low” side of the dozens. A Secret Service official said quarantine would not have an impact on agency operations. The news was first reported by The Washington Post.

Asked about the decision to test all agents in the course of the presidency for the corona virus, Secret Service officials said protecting agent personnel was crucial during the Covid-19 pandemic.

“We want to ensure that we have a healthy workforce and that we protect our people,” the official said. “This is good common sense.”

US Secret Service sources who worked first for Saturday’s demonstration and now quarantine told CNN that agents from Dallas and Houston also participated in the event, and they had been warned before traveling from field offices that they needed to be quarantined when they arrived home.

The steps came after two Secret Service agents who attended the rally were tested positive for coronavirus, someone familiar with the matter had previously told CNN.

“The US Secret Service remains ready and the staff to fulfill all the diverse tasks required. The implication that the agency is in some cases unprepared or unable to carry out our mission will be inaccurate,” US Secret Service spokeswoman Catherine Milhoan told CNN in a statement Wednesday night.

See also  The SUV hit 2 officers in George Floyd's protest in Buffalo, quickly

“To protect the privacy of our employees’ health information and for operational security, the Secret Service does not release how many employees have tested positive for COVID-19, or how many employees, or currently, are quarantined,” he continued.

Still, news of Secret Service staff being quarantined would increase surveillance of the Tulsa rally, which had been intensely monitored after Trump’s campaign announced that some of the predecessor team staff working at the event were tested positive for the virus.

Participants at the rally were not required to wear masks or practice social distance, although government public health officials stressed the importance of both steps in preventing the spread of coronavirus.

Some administrative officials at the rally did not wear masks, although campaign manager Brad Parscale was seen wearing a mask.

Those attending the rally must agree not to sue the campaign if they contract the corona virus, acknowledging “the inherent risk of COVID-19 exposure exists in public places where people are present.”

“By attending the General Meeting, you and any guest voluntarily assume all risks associated with COVID-19 exposure and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc .; BOK Center; ASM Global; or affiliates, director officers, employees, agents, contractors or volunteers responsible for any illness or injury, “read the disclaimer agreed by the participant.

In the end, only less than 6,200 people attended the rally, according to the Tulsa Fire Department. Plans for the overflow speech were canceled because fewer than 25 people had gathered in the area where it was supposed to occur. Trump once estimated 20,000 people in the arena with an additional 40,000 outside.

CNN Kate Bennett, Ryan Nobles, Donald Judd and Kate Sullivan contributed to this report.

See also  The Dow slumped because investors became afraid of the economy

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad will not be accepted by parliament, MP says – Observer

Published

on

The abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad will not be accepted by parliament, MP says - Observer

According to Socialist MP Paulo Pisco, the views of the BE, PCP and PAN on the abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad were voted on Tuesday in a parliamentary committee.

The Committee on Foreign Affairs and Portuguese Communities voted on Tuesday in favor of four projects – from the Left Bloc, the Communist Party of Portugal, “People-Animal-Nature” and “Enough”, which mainly advocate the abolition of fees for teaching Portuguese abroad and free school textbooks.

According to Paulo Pisco, a socialist member of the commission, the opinions of the BE, PKP and PAN were approved, but Chega’s opinion deserved to be abstained from the PS because it contained “xenophobic elements” in its purpose.

The MP had in mind, in particular, the recipients of this teaching, which is currently intended not only for the Portuguese or the descendants of the Portuguese, but also for those who want to learn the Portuguese language, with which Chega allegedly disagrees, according to Paulo Pisco. .

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

After the approval of these opinions, the abolition of the bribe would be discussed and voted on in the plenary session of the Assembly of the Republic, but Paulo Pisco said that they should not be approved, since the “commitment” of the government is different.

“The government’s obligation is to reduce the burden of the Portuguese” and this will always be determined “in every approved state budget”.

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese health minister rejects conflict of interest over marriage to president

Published

on

The health minister said there was no conflict of interest in her marriage to the current chairman of the Order of Dietitians, saying that the trusteeship of that body had been delegated to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion.


Portugal Digital with Lusa



“Honestly, I don’t think it exists. I have no doubt that this Lady Secretary of State will fill this leadership role,” Manuel Pizarro said on Monday (age 26) on the sidelines of the Pharmacist’s Day celebrations in Sintra, in the Lisbon area.

Aware of the possible conflict of interest, Manuel Pizarro explained that he took “the most appropriate measure (…)”, which was to entrust the functions of guardianship of the Order of Nutritionists to Margarida Tavares.”

“(…) Since I took office as a minister, I have been aware that, since professional organizations have an administrative oversight role, (…) there is a risk of conflict of interest, and I have taken the measures that seem to me the most appropriate, which from the very decided at the outset that he would delegate this oversight function over the Order of Nutritionists to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion,” he stressed.

When asked about the reasons why Margarida Tavares’ name still does not appear in the Diário da República, the official said that “it was necessary to wait for the inauguration of the secretaries of state” and then “to organize the whole process of delegation of authority.” .

“It’s even a good chance that there is a Secretary of State for Health Promotion. I think custody of the Order of Dietitians has been well handed over to the Secretary of State for Health Promotion,” he repeated, noting that “he definitely won’t go through the Minister’s order.” [da Saúde]”.

See also  The SUV hit 2 officers in George Floyd's protest in Buffalo, quickly

“If the secretary of state is responsible for this, it should not go through the minister,” he stressed.

Manuel Pizarro’s statements came after news that the government official may have a conflict of interest because he is married to the chairman of the Order of Dietitians, Alexandra Bento.

The Order of Dietitians was created in 2011 with the approval of the current Minister of Health, who at the time served as Secretary of State for Health.

In addition, Alexandra Bento was the only President of the Order of Occupational Health to attend the inauguration of Manuel Pizarro on 10 September.

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese newspaper criticizes CR7: “Less Ronaldo, more Portugal” | international football

Published

on

Portuguese newspaper criticizes CR7: "Less Ronaldo, more Portugal" |  international football

The cover of one of the most important sports newspapers in Portugal this Monday drew a critical tone against the greatest player in the history of the country.

+ See League of Nations table

On the eve of the day when the Portuguese national team will play with Spain and draw for reaching the semi-finals of the League of Nations, the daily newspaper “A Bola” printed a photo Cristiano Ronaldo stating that the player had lost influence in the team commanded by Fernando Santos.

“Less Ronaldo, more Portugal,” reads the headline.

The publication reports that the 37-year-old striker could start on the bench and lists some of the positives of his possible absence, such as the buffing of protagonist Bruno Fernandes. See below:

This Tuesday’s cover of A Bola is being printed by Cristiano Ronaldo – Photo: Reproduction

+ After shock and bleeding, Cristiano Ronaldo trains with a black eye in Portugal

Cristiano Ronaldo started and assisted in a 4–0 thrashing of the Czech Republic on the last round. He has only scored twice in his last eight caps, both against Switzerland.

Czech Republic 0 x 4 Portugal highlights in UEFA Nations League 2022

For Manchester United in the 2022/23 season, he started in three of the eight games played. In the last of them, against Sheriff from Moldova, in the Europa League, he scored for the first time.

Continue Reading

Trending