Connect with us

Top News

Brooks Koepka’s sister, Chase, will get a place on Travelers next year

Published

on

Brooks Koepka's sister, Chase, will get a place on Travelers next year

CROMWELL, Connection – Chase Koepka, sister of Brooks Koepka, has been guaranteed a place in the field of the 2021 Traveler Championship, The Post is studying on Thursday.

Chase, who at the age of 26 was four years younger than Brooks, the number four player in the world with four major championships, won a place in this week’s tournament at TPC River Highlands on Monday qualifying, surviving five male playoffs for two places.

But on Wednesday, after it was discovered that Brooks’s caddy, Ricky Elliott, had tested positive for COVID-19, both Brooks and Chase had withdrawn from the tournament as a precaution. For Brooks, because of his high status, withdrawal was not a big problem. For Chase, who does not have any playing status and only plays in a number of PGA Tour events, it is a major blow. A good performance on the PGA Tour for players like Chase can change his life.

The director of the Travelers tournament, Nathan Grube told The Post on Thursday that he reached out to Chase and told him that he “got” his entry and that, “if he needed it next year” he would have a guaranteed place on Travelers 2021.

Chase Koepka
Chase KoepkaGetty Images

Shane Lowry is in the middle of the COVID-19 vortex on Tuesday and Wednesday at the Travelers Championship.

On Tuesday, the ruling British Open champion from Ireland played a training round with Graeme McDowell and the Koepka brothers.

On Wednesday, McDowell and Koepka brothers resigned from Travelers when it was discovered that McDowell’s caddy, Ken Comboy, and Brooks’s caddy, Elliott, had tested positive using the corona virus.

See also  Australian state declares coronavirus 'state of disaster,' South Africa tops 500,000 situations

Although McDowell and Koepkas were not positive, the three withdrew because of precaution if they had been infected by caddies but had not shown it in tests.

Lowry was so worried that he consulted PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan on Wednesday night to make sure it was safe for him to continue and play. Monahan gave his blessing and it turned out to be a good thing, with Lowry shooting 4-under 66 on Thursday.

“I found out Tuesday night about Kenny, Graeme caddy, and I spent a little time around Graeme,” Lowry said. “But Graeme hasn’t seen [Comboy] since last week [Comboy didn’t make the trip to Connecticut because he wasn’t feeling well].

“So it’s clear we played the training round with Brooks, Chase and Ricky Elliott, who became caddy for Brooks and he was stated positive. [Wednesday] morning. Ricky calls me alone. I can not believe it. To be honest, I think he messed me up, because he was sometimes like that.

“Then when those people came out, I contacted Tour quickly. I asked them what they thought I should do because I wanted to do the right thing. But I don’t think I had enough contact with Ricky for the nine holes we played on Tuesday. We only take precautions. I talked to Jay [Wednesday evening] here at the club and he said that I’m good to play. So, I’m here to play ‘

Lowry said after two clean weeks – only Nick Watney tested positive last week – this week’s case “has been a kind of kick behind us all and to ensure that we do the right thing when we are out there.” ‘

See also  Texas jury walks from Zoom court to receive phone call

“I have seen a lot of fairly negative media coverage, and I don’t like it,” he said. “I think the PGA Tour, Jay, everyone involved has done a good job, and I as a professional golfer is very happy to be back at work and provide entertainment for some people at home. I think we are very lucky to be back playing. ‘


Abraham Ancer had his first career PGA Tour hole in hole 16 on Thursday, rocking with an 8-iron from 156 yards. And he was struck by the relative silence that accompanied it when an ace generally raised a large roar from the gallery. Of course, no spectators are allowed to play golf this week.

“It was very anti-climax because there were no people out there and we couldn’t reach five or more, but still, it’s amazing to have my first PGA Tour,” he said. “You want to go up five or more and we can’t right now, so it must be different. But I will accept it.”


Tyler McCumber, son of 10-time PGA Tour winner Mark McCumber, did not enter the Travelers field until Wednesday’s withdrawal. He skipped the cut at the Korn Ferry Tour event last week and prepared to take a week off. He was on his way to the Pisgah Forest near Asheville, N.C., for a quiet, quiet vacation. Then he got word that he was in the field of Travelers if he could get to Connecticut.

“I think I got confirmation around 3 pm. and the last flight from Jacksonville is 5:30, so I have to pack in about 25 minutes and head to the airport, “McCumber said.

See also  J.K. Rowling surprised fans by revealing the truth around the origin of Harry Potter

He made his escape and made the most of his chances, shooting 5-under 65 on Thursday while playing with defending champions Chez Reavie and Jon Rahm.

“My sister-in-law took me to the airport at the last minute,” McCumber said. “I called out to him, I was like, ‘Hey, man, I think I’m going to enter the tournament, can you find me a flight and maybe give me a ride to the airport and help me pack?’ He is Superman to me. “

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  MLB is now in the hands of his fans who are angry after the season has restarted chaos
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Texas jury walks from Zoom court to receive phone call

Continue Reading

Trending