Connect with us

Top News

Bel-Air Country Club pushed Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli out

Published

on

Bel-Air Country Club pushed Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli out

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli have been evicted from the exclusive Bel-Air Country Club – where top members are angry at their federal guilty plea who recently turned the place into a “refuge and comfort for famous criminals.”

The couple left the club this month. TMZ reported, weeks after plead guilty to bribe their daughter’s way to the University of Southern California as part of a national college admission scandal involving dozens of wealthy parents.

Their resignations took place in the midst of a battle between members about how to deal with upper class couples.

While the club’s Board of Directors unanimously voted to suspend Loughlin-Giannullis, some members were angry because they would not be expelled indefinitely.

At least one prominent member, former Council President Michael Gallager, said he resigned over the decision in a fiery letter, TMZ reported.

“BACC is a male and female club. Gentlemen are not criminals, and criminals in turn are not gentlemen. “You cannot be a member of good standing and guilty of crime at the same time, it is non sequitur,” Gallagher wrote.

He continued: “The council’s actions, taken in the name of Club membership, now establish our Club as a place of protection and comfort for known criminals. . . This is already well known in the world of golf, domestically and internationally, and our club has become a laughing stock. “

Loughlin and Giannulli, who are reportedly avid golfers, left voluntarily, not wanting to trigger a rift, according to the gossip site.

The drama opened after the 55-year-old “Full House” actress agreed to serve two months in prison, pay a $ 150,000 fine and do 100-hour community service in return pleaded guilty on May 22 for a conspiracy to commit wire and letter fraud.

Her husband, fashion designer Giannulli, 56, pleaded guilty to the same charge, plus one accusation of fraudulent telegraph and letter services. He has agreed to serve five months behind bars, pay a $ 250,000 fine and do 250-hour community service.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The Portuguese government plans to double spending on research and development

Published

on

The Portuguese government plans to double spending on research and development

The leaders want national R&D spending to be 3% of GDP by 2030.

The Portuguese government has agreed to nearly double the country’s spending on research and development by 2030, the EU’s long-term goal of 3% of GDP.

The December 29 resolution called for government spending on R&D to reach 1% of GDP by 2030, with the remaining 2% added to private spending.

In 2020, public and private spending on R&D was 0.66% and 0.96% of GDP, respectively, which means that public spending will more than halve and private spending will double.

With rising costs, the government has promised reforms and modernization of the R&D sector in Portugal. He said the resolution would support the promotion of a culture of innovation and science and help stimulate the restructuring of the knowledge-based economy.

Last year, Government says Portugal’s spending on research and development has increased five years in a row, reaching a record 3.3.2 billion by 2020. He said the growth was mainly driven by the business sector.

The EU as a whole has set a goal of spending 3% of its GDP on research and development, but for decades it has struggled for more than 2% to cover real costs. By 2020, R&D spending has decreased by $1 billion., but it increased to 2.3% of GDP as the economy contracted due to the government-19 epidemic.

See also  How the Yankees want to present a voice
Continue Reading

Top News

Former Portugal international Lima Pereira dies at 69

Published

on

Former Portugal international Lima Pereira dies at 69

Lima Pereira, the Portuguese international who distinguished himself in the 1980s with Porto, died this Saturday at the age of 69 after a long illness.

At one time he was one of the best Portuguese players in the central defender position. António José Lima Pereira was born in Povoa de Varzim on February 1, 1952. He graduated from Varzim and played there in the early years of his senior career. In 1978 he moved to Porto and his journey was very successful. His name is associated with some of the most brilliant moments in the history of the dragon emblem, such as winning the European Cup and Intercontinental Cup in 1987 and the European Super Cup in 1988. In 11 seasons (265 games), he also won 4 championships. , three national Supercups and 2 Portuguese Cups. He ended his career with Maya in 1991. “I knew how to exemplify the values ​​of Porto,” Pinto da Costa wrote in a social media post.

Lima Pereira, who represented the national team 20 times, suffered a stroke in 2006.

testimony
Jorge Amaral, former Porto player
“He personified the spirit of Porto and the North. He was a friend of his friends and had an enviable sense of humor. A loss he regrets.”

Octavio Machado, former player and coach of FC Porto
“A champion who celebrated all who had the honor of living with him. We already miss him.”

See also  François Fillon: Former French Prime Minister convicted
Continue Reading

Top News

Braga turned in stoppage time and beat Sporting in favor of the Portuguese.

Published

on

This Saturday, Sporting lost to Braga 2-1 at home in the Portuguese Championship. As a result, the team misses the chance to touch the leaders Porto, but remains in second place, while Braga remains in fourth position.

The hosts opened the scoring in the 24th minute thanks to team ace Pedro Gonçalves. Portuguese-Brazilian Mateus Nunez delivered a beautiful blow to the trivela, and the striker simply pushed it towards the opponent’s goal.

Sporting continued to dominate the match, scoring more often and having more possession. It was also important for Paligny midfielder to keep fit and in control in midfield.

In the second stage, danger began to threaten the team under the leadership of Carlos Carvalhal, mainly due to deep throws in the back of the veteran defender Coates.

At 51, the Portuguese-Brazilian Galeno was fouled in the penalty area, and after consulting VAR, the referee awarded a penalty. The striker himself went on the attack and equalized.

After a missed goal, the wards of Ruben Amorim began to put pressure on Braga in search of an advantage on the scoreboard. Pedro Goncalves was needed to go on the attack and find free teammates in the penalty area.

The team created good chances, but ran into a strong defense of the opponent, who always managed to stop the game at the right moment.

As the opponents charged, Braga managed to get out of the defensive zone, and 19-year-old Jean-Baptiste Gorby turned the game into stoppage time with a shot from outside the box to secure the away win. . On the other hand, Sporting CP suffered their second defeat in the competition, becoming the first in their field.

See also  Top Niche Books to Catch up On

Sporting will return to the field next Wednesday against Santa Clara in the Portuguese League Cup, while Braga will face Moreirense next Sunday in the Portuguese League.

Leave your comment

Continue Reading

Trending