Connect with us

Top News

Beijing is expanding housing containment and tightening outward travel as coronavirus infections spread

Published

on

Beijing reintroduces strict lockdown following new outbreak

The Beijing Municipal Health Commission reported 27 new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday – bringing the total of five days to 106 following an increase in Xinfadi, the largest wholesale food market in the city.

A large and lively market in the southwest Fengtai district of Beijing occupies 277 hectares and has more than 2,000 stalls, mainly selling fruit and vegetables as well as meat and seafood. It supplies about 70% of city vegetables and 10% of pork, according to officials.

The market has been closed since Saturday, but its thin size and the number of people working or visiting there from inside and outside Beijing have increased the risk of spreading the outbreak.

Through door-to-door visits and calls, authorities have tracked nearly 200,000 people who had gone to the market for two weeks before closing. They have been ordered to stay at home for medical observations and are being tested for coronavirus, a city official said at a press conference on Monday.

Locked housing

Two other Beijing food markets have been closed due to confirmed cases related to Xinfadi, which caused tight housing locking around them.

On Tuesday, Xicheng district – neighboring Fengtai – announced that seven residential communities around the Tiantao Honglian market would be locked following the discovery of a corona virus case on Sunday.

This follows a similar lock on the housing complex near Xinfadi and the Yuquandong market in the Haidian district. In total, 29 residential communities have been locked up throughout the city.

Housing lockdown measures are similar to those enacted previously in Wuhan city, the center of the spread of the corona virus outbreak.

See also  Foreigners and Borders Service will be terminated until January 11, 2022 - Observer

Wang Du, who lives in one of the confined communities near the Yuquandong market, said residents cannot leave the complex to buy groceries, and must order food online or buy from trucks that come to the complex once a day with fresh potatoes, vegetables and eggs.

He said all residents in his community carried out a nucleic acid test for the corona virus yesterday.

“To be honest, I’m not too worried,” he said. “I think we have a lot of experience in detention, and we can react very quickly (to new outbreaks).”

As of Tuesday morning, 276 agricultural markets and 33,173 restaurants throughout the city had also been disinfected, officials said.

Outbound trips are limited

The outbreak has also spread beyond Beijing, with the nearby provinces of Liaoning and Hubei reporting a total of eight cases of the corona virus associated with the capital group.

On Tuesday, the country’s southwestern Sichuan province also reported a confirmed case – a woman returning from Beijing on June 9. She was infected while visiting her husband, who works at the Xinfadi market.

Unlike Wuhan, the center of China’s original distribution, Beijing has not yet fully decided on a trip. But taxi out and call-car services, and several long-distance bus routes between Beijing and neighboring provinces have been suspended, according to the government Beijing Daily.

The city government has also banned high-risk groups, such as close contact from confirmed cases, from leaving the city, officials said on Monday.

On Tuesday, Shanghai was announced that travelers from areas with moderate-high coronavirus risks will be asked to be quarantined for 14 days. Beijing has one environment that is designated as high risk and 22 as medium risk on Monday.

Steven Jiang and Shawn Deng from CNN contributed to the reporting.

See also  China launches first solo Mars mission termed Tianwen-1 in advance of US

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Who is Paulo Bento, the Portuguese coach from South Korea who coached Cruzeiro?

Published

on

Goal.com

The coach commanded the Portuguese national team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and left the South Korean national team after being eliminated in Qatar.

Portuguese coach Paulo Bento qualified South Korea for the playoffs of the World Cup, something the team had not achieved since 2010, when the South Korean team reached the 1/8 finals of this championship. But 4-1 rout against Brazil as a result, shortened the path of the Asian team, as well as put an end to the work of Paulo Sousa in the national team.

Paulo Bento started his career as a coach with the youth team of Sporting Clube Portugal in 2004. At the club, he commanded the youth team for two seasons, winning the junior national tournament in his first year. Incidentally, the coach took over the first team shortly after he announced his retirement as a player.

Given his prominence in the youth categories, Paulo was chosen to replace José Peseiro, who was eliminated in European competition, in the professional team of Sporting CP for the 2005 season./2006.

Professionally, Bento was runner-up for four seasons in a row in the Portuguese Championship. Despite this, the coach won two Portuguese Cups and two Candido de Oliveira Super Cups. On November 6, 2009, the coach resigned.

Having distinguished himself at Sporting, Paulo Bento was announced as Portugal’s coach on 21 September 2010 after the World Cup in South Africa, where the then-champion Spain was selected in the round of 16.

Gettyimages

In qualifying, the coach managed to show good results in the first games, plus, of course, take Portugal to the semi-finals of Euro 2012, taking off from Spain on penalties. Having stood out in competitions, the coach extended the contract until Euro 2016.

See also  Chiranjeevi Sarja died after a heart attack

However, after losing to Albania in qualifying for Euro 2016, the coach could not resist and was fired in September 2014. The unsuccessful campaign at the World Cup of the same year in Brazil also affected.

After the Portugal national team, Paulo Bento returned to Brazil in May 2016, but this time to coach the Cruzeiro club. With a contract until December 2017, the coach made his debut in the second round of the Brasileirão the same year.

Paulo Bento Cruzeiro Brazilian Championship in Sao Paulo 05062016Washington Alves/Light Press/Cruzeiro

However, Bento only lasted 17 matches in power with six wins, three draws and eight losses, leaving the team in second-to-last place in the tournament.

On 11 August 2016, the coach was announced as the new commander of Olympiacos, Greece, where he remained until 6 March 2017, winning the Greek title. Following this, Paulo Bento was announced as Chongqing Dangdai of China leading the team for only 15 matches.

20221124 Paulo BentoGetty Images

On August 16, 2018, Paulo Bento was announced as the new coach of South Korea following the departure of Shin Tae-yong, who lost in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup.

As part of the South Korean national team, the coach has 55 wins, 12 draws and eight losses, having won the East Asian Cup title and classified the team at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. After being knocked out against Brazil in the 1/8 finals, the Portuguese announced his retirement from the national team.

Continue Reading

Top News

Pioli ‘pulls’ Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese ‘must make a dash’

Published

on

Pioli 'pulls' Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese 'must make a dash'

FROMTefano Pioli, Milan coach, gave an interview on the Italian radio program Sky Calcio Club on Sunday in which he talked about Rafael Leao’s participation in the 2022 Mundial, a test in which the Portuguese striker was a replacement for Fernando Santos. ‘, indicating that he has been talking to his player over the past few days.

“If we talk? They have an obligation to call me at the end of the game. He is happy because Portugal is doing well. It is clear that he would like to play more. I can take advantage of this for a contract extension,” said Pioli, who also spoke about the Portuguese’s renewal process.

“He is fine with us and management and Rafael are talking. We are waiting for good news,” the Transalpine coach fired.

Looking at his player’s short playing time at this 2022 World Cup, Pioli admitted that Rafael Leau would like to have more playing time for the national team, but hinted that the Portuguese striker is not unhappy.

“If he plays a little? It’s hard to judge because Portugal has a very high quality team. Rafael is happy because Portugal is having a good World Cup, but there is a lot of quality and competitiveness in the attacking sector of the Portuguese team. “, – stressed the coach of the Italian, who also left a small warning to Rafael Leau.

“When you see him in training, you immediately understand that he has incredible potential. He has technique and speed that few others have. Over the course of a period, he had to develop and adapt to the reality at Milan, where the pressure is different from what he is. he was in Lille. It took time, but his potential to become a great player was always there. But he still needs to make the leap to become a champion because he can be even more decisive in the opponent’s zone,” he stressed.

See also  The CNN center in Atlanta was damaged during a protest

“If you think about Rafael from two years ago, he has made tremendous progress. He’s missing a few things, but he’s smart and approachable. I can give him all the ideas he wants, but his talent must be left free. should improve his heading, given his physique,” he concluded.

Read also: Spaniards say Carlo Ancelotti is “in love” with Rafael Leao

Always be the first to know.
Sixth year in a row Consumer Choice and Five Star Online Press Award.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

Continue Reading

Top News

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Published

on

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Nuts have become part of a limited group of Portuguese agri-food sectors that manage to achieve much-desired food self-sufficiency. In the case of almonds it is 170% and in the case of chestnuts it is 116% in relation to the national consumption.

The value of Portuguese agricultural production in 2021 was 9.6 billion euros, representing a growth rate of 14.6% compared to 2020, and therefore it is fair to say that dried fruits today, with a production of 80,000 tons and exports reaching 100 million euros contributed. to this success.

Continue Reading

Trending