Connect with us

Top News

As the curfew continues, restaurants that have difficulty delivering additional blows

Published

on

As the curfew continues, restaurants that have difficulty delivering additional blows

Los Angeles faces 6 things. curfew on Tuesday after widespread protests against the murder of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer that began last week.

For local restaurants, which have recovered from more than two months of takeout-only during the COVID-19 pandemic, curfews – which have been imposed since Saturday in all cities and Sundays in all regions – have more complicated efforts to reopen completely.

“It’s a mess, it’s really confusing,” said Jesus Lezama, manager of Versailles Cuban Food at Palms. “We have as little information as our customers have.”

In some cases over the weekend, the curfew was issued only hours before, causing restaurant owners to scramble to adjust plans and notify staff.

Some restaurants choose to close earlier than the curfew to allow employees and customers to go home. But many others – including Guelaguetza, Apple Pan and most Sweetgreen salad chain locations – are closed all day.

“All our stores will be closed again, Tuesday, June 2,” Go Get Em Tiger coffee shop posted to Instagram. “Please support one of LA’s black coffee shops.”

Adding to the confusion, cities like Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Culver City imposed an earlier curfew, replacing orders for the entire region.

Lezama said Versailles, usually open until 10 pm, had closed at 5:30 pm. according to the city curfew. But because the restaurant is on the border with Culver City – home to 4 pm. curfew – many customers assume the restaurant closes early, which in turn reduces sales.

“That makes us far more difficult, uncertainty,” Lezama said. “We have lost 80% of our business [during the coronavirus shutdown], and now it’s getting lower every day. “

See also  Japan says Chinese ships spend a record time breaking their territorial waters

He plans to open Versailles for dinner on Wednesday; now, because of the curfew, he is pushing the reopening to next week.

Although most restaurants close at the start of each curfew, some, such as large fast food chains, have maintained normal hours, or are nearing normal.

An employee at Domino’s Pizza in Venice said the pizza restaurant was open until 1 am for delivery and pickup. At McDonald’s in Torrance, the drive-through and lobby are both open 24 hours, although an employee at the nearest 24-hour location says the restaurant’s dining room will close at 7 pm.

Other chains vary in their plans, which appear to be determined by franchise operators. Taco Bell in Hollywood closes at 4 pm; the location in West L. is closed for the day.

Major food delivery platforms such as DoorDash, Grubhub, Postmates and Uber Eats turn off their services at night to fulfill local curfew orders.

Although the curfew excludes those who “travel to and from work,” some restaurant workers expressed concern at stopping the police on their way home.

At Versailles, Lezama said he had let employees leave early if needed, especially those who depend on public transportation.

Tirsa Nevarez of Tirsa’s Mexican Cafe, near Grand Park and City Hall, closed its restaurant on Sunday after employees raised safety concerns about working near protests in the city center.

“My employees and I are truly united. They told me if they did not feel safe and did not want to work, “Nevarez said.

Closing restaurants is not a decision that business owners take lightly, he said.

See also  Milky Way-like galaxy found in deep room puzzles astronomers

“I have the majority of women employed, and they are currently the only one who has a job in their family,” he said. “All their husbands lost various jobs. They support their household now. “

Tirsa is usually busiest at night, so curfew has a significant effect on the restaurant’s bottom line.

“Our employees have lost their turn again,” Nevarez said. “These things hurt.”

At the same time the curfew mandate had become yet another curvature of the ball in what he described as a “whirlwind of chaos chaos.”

But he added that was a minor inconvenience considering the larger goals.

“We stood by the movement. We want to give them space to be heard now, “he said. “We’re just trying to navigate everyday life with this movement.”

Ria Barbosa, chef-owner of Petite Peso in downtown West 7th Street, said she makes decisions every day. During protests on Friday, the windows at Petite Peso were destroyed, totaling around $ 350 in damage, Barbosa said.

On Tuesday morning, he gathered his small restaurant crew to discuss whether to unload plywood sheets that were still covering the storefront and reopen for business.

“We surveyed the vibrations of the city center and decided to postpone. There is not much pedestrian traffic and everything is closed, “he said.” We’ll see how tomorrow is. “

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The beginning of Part 1 will arrive in Portuguese in MANGA Plus – JBox

Published

on

Imagem: O próprio Chainsaw Man.

past too it’s a spade! From July 13 first 3 chapters from the first part Chainsaw will be available from translation into Portuguese No MANGAPlusfree app to read manga from Shueisha.

Apparently, not all 97 chapters of this first phase will be available, but only these first 3. The series will also not be split into two parts on the website/app. Even if it is a new phase, it will be published as usual. on the page of the man with the chainsawso the first chapter of part 2 will be #98.

Translation and editing work done comediansalso responsible for other platform projects with pt-br version (cases One piece, spy x family, Tokyo Ghoul Re e Jiu-Jitsu Kaisen). The information came from a project manager for a company in Brazil.

Unfortunately, the series is not among those that can be read completely free in english app — so even with the most recent readings, fans will have to resort to printed versions or alternative means to learn about the entire series. MANGA Plus does not allow, at least for now, subscriptions for fans in Brazil.

It is worth remembering that the second part of the manga, which will begin July 13, will also be available in Portuguese. Until the long-awaited sequel, Tatsuki Fujimoto launched one-shots on the Shueisha platform look back e Goodbye Eriin addition to working with mangaka Toda Oto (To take off the flash).

Story Chainsaw approaches Denji, a poor man capable of anything for money, even hunting demons with his dog, Honor. He is an ordinary boy mired in debt, but one day everything changes when he is betrayed by a man he trusted. Now possessing demonic powers, Denji becomes the Chainsaw Man (“The Chainsaw Man”).

See also  Nissan unveils its very first electrical SUV, the Ariya

Fujimoto first part in Shonen jump from 2018 to December 2020, 11 volumes have been compiled to date. OUR Panini publishes manga in Brazil – check out our review first volume.

The work will be adapted into anime by the MAPPA studio and will have watching and duplicating Crunchyroll.


Source: Robert Rodriguez

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese missionary denounces ‘daily persecution and massacre’ in Congo

Published

on

Portuguese missionary denounces 'daily persecution and massacre' in Congo

“There are persecutions and massacres every day” in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), and the international community turns a blind eye to this, says Father Marcelo de Oliveira, a Portuguese missionary in the African country.

The chief administrator of Komboni Province Missionaries in the Democratic Republic of the Congo speaks in an interview Renaissancethat attacks are permanent in an area of ​​the country where “cobalt is a source of wealth.”

“There are persecutions and massacres every day, there are people who are tortured, people who are forced to leave their homes and forced to flee,” condemns a priest who has lived in the Democratic Republic of the Congo for 15 years.

The eastern provinces of the DRC, notably North Kivu and neighboring Ituri, have “lived for decades in a state of constant instability due to the presence of various armed groups.

Born in Mortagua, Viseu district, the missionary says that in the Congo “no one escapes persecution.” “Catholics, Protestants and sects are treated equally”, given that “the religious question does not affect the situation at all”.

The priest says that “the Church is being persecuted, but to be a Christian means to be persecuted.” “The Catholic Church, which has great weight in public life, which has a large number of Catholics, which, by vocation, denounces, tells the truth and strives to defend the rights of the people, of course, is not appreciated by the simple,” he emphasizes.

The world “crossed its arms” on the problems in Africa

The priest admits that the President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Felix Tshisekedi, is ready to fight corruption, but says that, on the one hand, the government is involved in the situation, and on the other hand, it is powerless to resolve it.

See also  Coronavirus threatens 4 million Southern California jobs

“The complicity is there to keep getting what they get from the stuff they sell and ship out of the country anyway,” he explains.

On the other hand, Marcelo’s father accuses the international community of doing nothing for the suffering people of the Congo and trying to “keep capitalizing on the wealth of the country” by sending “weapons to be able to keep up the unrest and thus keep on stealing easily” . .

“The Congo is a very rich country, and it is a bit strange that such a rich country is at the same time so poor. There is gold, diamonds, copper, cobalt, soil that could give twice a year, it’s hard to understand,” the missionary laments, and then accuses: “there are interests from outside (the international community) to be able to continue to benefit from everything rich, and so they keep sending weapons to keep the mess going and thus easily keep stealing.”

The missionary ensures that “when there is a problem in Africa, everyone folds their hands” and gives an example of the reluctance to find a cure for malaria, which “kills a huge number of people every day”, and now with Covid-19. 19 pandemic “the whole world plunged into disaster.”

The priest assures that “there are more people who die in Africa from malaria than those who die from Covid”, and rhetorically asks: “Who created a medicine to treat poor Africans? The problem of malaria after all this time?”

Marcelo’s father replies, “No one, it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter. Since we cannot profit from what we do, it is not important to make medicine, it is not important to help a country that will not repay us, ”he laments.

See also  Beachwood Canyon traditionally with Oscar ties looking for $ 2.4 million

Pope ‘deeply wishes’ to visit Congo

In this interview with RenaissanceFather Marcelo Oliveira assures that “the population still expects that soon” the Pope will visit the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

He believes that “for people living in conditions of constant attacks, persecution, the visit of the Pope would be a moment of encouragement.”

First of all, because Francis planned a visit to the city of Goma in the eastern part of the country, “where he will be with some victims of violence, and, of course, these people may be a little disappointed.”

“However, the population continues to expect that he will be able to come to us soon,” he assures.

The priest confirms that the Pope “deeply desires to be and come” to the Congo to “know the reality” and acknowledges that “the celebration planned for this Sunday with the Congolese community at St. Parolina in Kinshasa “is a sign of such a will.”

“The Pope deeply desires to be and come, because I believe he has heard so much about the reality of the suffering of the Congolese people, and therefore he has a deep desire to be able to come,” he assures.

Francis’ trip to South Sudan and the Congo, scheduled for July 2-7, has been rescheduled for a new date to be fixed due to the Pope’s health.

Continue Reading

Top News

Wabi2b enters the Portuguese market to revolutionize commerce

Published

on

Wabi2b enters the Portuguese market to revolutionize commerce

BUT Wabi2b, a digital ecosystem that helps digitize and modernize brick-and-mortar commerce, has entered the European market with Portugal. The goal is to “revolutionize traditional retail and the HORECA channel” by allowing distributors and Cash & Carries to sell directly to traditional retailers in Portugal.

The company’s statement explains that the Wabi2b online store allows retailers to access multiple suppliers in the same store, view their entire portfolio of products, compare prices, place all their orders at the same time, and use the platform. exclusive promotions and discounts.

&nbsp

From the supplier’s point of view, Wabi2b gives you the opportunity to choose the geographical area of ​​sales, the cost and minimum cost of delivery, the portfolio of products they represent, prices and deliveries, and the order payment procedure.

According to Wabi2b Portugal CEO Hugo Duarte, “The Wabi2b ecosystem is set to revolutionize traditional trading and business management practices. With this platform, consumer goods companies, suppliers and point of sale will connect for the first time in a single digital environment whose transactions will be carried out, which will reduce costs, waste, increase transparency, facilitate inventory control and better understand the business. performance”.

&nbsp

In this first phase, Wabi2b already has over 1,700 registered stores in Lisbon, and in June it also launched in Porto.

&nbsp

See also  Beachwood Canyon traditionally with Oscar ties looking for $ 2.4 million
Continue Reading

Trending