Connect with us

Top News

Anthony Fauci hasn’t talked to Trump in two weeks

Published

on

9 times Dr. Fauci has refuted Trump's Covid-19 statements

Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, added that his contact with the President was far less frequent.

Their last interaction was May 18, when Trump invited Fauci to provide a medical context during a long-distance conference with the country’s governor. The last Task Force met on May 28 and finally held a White House press conference on May 22.

The news that the couple hasn’t communicated in two weeks comes during a critical period in the US coronavirus response because all 50 countries have eased steps to keep social distance even as the number of virus deaths continues to increase. On Monday, at least 1.79 million Americans had contracted the virus and at least 104,300 had died, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Throughout the pandemic, Fauci rarely became an open source of honesty within the White House coronavirus task force, holding fast to the President who was sometimes too optimistic.

This was a full display last week when he called for a cautious approach to reopening the US and pleading with Americans to wear masks in public, comments that contradicted Trump’s push to make America quickly return to normalcy.

“I want to protect myself and protect others, and also because I want to make it a symbol for people to see that it’s something you have to do,” Fauci said during an interview on CNN’s “Newsroom.”

But his willingness to refute Trump has drawn constant criticism from the President’s allies in the conservative media and sparked questions about the couple’s working relationship.

See also  The US is targeting Chinese officials for Xinjiang human rights violations

In April, a conservative commentator called for Fauci to be fired after he said in a CNN interview that more could be done to prevent the spread of the corona virus. Trump retweeted, but then pushed back the idea that he might fire Fauci.

“Today I walked in, I heard I would fire him. I did not fire him. I thought he was an extraordinary man,” the president told reporters at a White House daily meeting at the time.

Trump said the retweet was okay, and the tweet was “someone’s opinion.” The president said he saw the “Fauci fire” hashtag before he retweeted it.

“This is someone’s view. Not everyone is happy with Anthony. Not everyone is happy with everyone,” he said. “But I’ll tell you, we have done work that no one has ever done.”

This story has been updated with additional background information.

Maegan Vazquez from CNN contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Algeria interested in Portuguese companies investing in renewable energy – Observer

Published

on

Algeria interested in Portuguese companies investing in renewable energy - Observer

Foreign Minister João Gomes Cravinho met this Wednesday with his Algerian counterpart Ramtan Lamamra, who expressed interest in Portuguese companies investing in Algeria’s solar and wind energy.

Speaking with Lusa, João Cravinho also said that for 2023 it was decided to hold a “high-level meeting chaired by the prime ministers” of the two countries, a meeting to be held in Algiers, in addition to the state visit of the President of Algeria. Algeria to Portugal.

The Portuguese foreign minister said today’s visit to Algeria, where he was with Ramtan Lamamra, whom he has known since 2005 when he was ambassador to Lisbon, is “based on old knowledge”, but also a visit to a country that “does not to be a neighbor”, shares “a lot of fears”. “Not being a neighboring country, it almost shares many concerns about the region, the Mediterranean, the European Union’s relationship with Africa and the Arab world. It was important for us to talk about what we can do together as part of the geopolitical and geo-economic transformation,” he explained.

João Cravinho stressed that the issue of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was a factor “which could not but be the subject of dialogue”, and also added that “geo-economic issues related to energy, renewable energy sources and the opportunities that come with the digital transition” also were on the table.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

“While Algeria is a major exporter of fossil fuels, it is also a country with huge potential in terms of solar and wind energy. We have very qualified companies in these areas, and the Algerian side has expressed interest in [ter] Portuguese investors in these areas,” the minister said.

See also  Dwyane Wade debuts red hair transformation with Zaya's daughter

The official said that it would be a matter of working with the Portuguese Agency for Investment and Foreign Trade (AICEP), with the Secretary of State for Internationalization, as well as with a sectoral ministry, namely the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change. A “high-level meeting chaired by the prime ministers” of the two countries is scheduled for 2023, a meeting to be held in Algiers, in addition to the Algerian President’s state visit to Portugal.

“We have a very busy calendar between the two countries. Now we will try to organize a mixed commission, where technical specialists from both countries will gather,” he said, stressing that there are “14 legal documents that are practically finalized and will be signed” in 2023.

João Gomes Cravinho was on a visit to Algiers today to assess bilateral relations in the economic sphere, as well as in terms of cooperation, language and culture, and to discuss international issues.

Continue Reading

Top News

PORTUGUESE PARACHET JUMP IN THE NETHERLANDS

Published

on

PORTUGUESE PARACHET JUMP IN THE NETHERLANDS

Members of the Airborne Operational Battalion of the Parachute Regiment of the Portuguese Army during the annual Falcon Jump exercise on September 17, 2022 over the Ede launch zone, 18 km west of Arnhem, in the province of Gelderland, the Netherlands. A Portuguese skydiver is equipped with a SPEKON RS 2000 parachute from the German manufacturer SPEKON Sächsische Spezialkonfekion GmbH. Above him are US paratroopers with T-11 parachutes.

Photo by M. Bienik | 6 barrels per day

The annual Falcon Leap 2022 exercise, based in Eindhoven, in the south of the Netherlands, took place from 5 to 16 September 2022 in the Netherlands and Belgium. During the first week, the exercise focused on cargo drop operations, and the second week focused on drop operations. It was attended by more than 1 thousand soldiers representing 13 countries, including Portugal, with the participation of the Operational Detachment of 22 soldiers from the Airborne Operational Battalion of the Parachute Regiment of the Ground Forces.

The exercise officially ended on September 17, 2022, commemorating the 78th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, which began on the same day in 1944, during World War II, as part of the largest airborne operation in which more than 40,000 troops serving in the 1st Airborne Division of Great Britain, the 1st Independent Parachute Brigade of Poland, the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions of the United States of America. These commemorations were marked by the launch of paratroopers over the original drop zones of the Operation.

The photo was taken by the Polish soldier M. Benek, seconded to the 6th Airborne Brigade (BPD) – Brigadier General Stanisław Sosabowski, a unit that is the result of the historical legacy of the 1st Separate Polish Airborne Brigade, which jumped during the operation ” Bazaar Garden “, in 1944 under the command of General. Stanislav Sosabovsky – whose name is a suffix (as patron) of the current unit.

See also  Dwyane Wade debuts red hair transformation with Zaya's daughter

Article published in partnership with “Espada & Escudo”

Comments

Comments


Continue Reading

Top News

Luana Piovani goes to Portugal’s Golden Globes with her boyfriend

Published

on

Luana Piovani goes to Portugal's Golden Globes with her boyfriend



Luana Piovani

Photo: Instagram/@luanapiovani/Famous and Celebrities

This Sunday, the 2nd, actress Luana Piovani went to the Portuguese Golden Globes along with her boyfriend Lucas Bittencourt. In her Instagram, the actress praised the outfits they were wearing.

Ready for the Golden Globes. Great guy. We are very, very luxurious, my love,” said Luana. While Lucas was wearing a black suit, she was wearing a short white lace dress with green accents at the waist.



Luana Piovani at the Golden Globes.  -

Luana Piovani at the Golden Globes. –

Photo: Instagram/@luanapiovani/Famous and Celebrities

“Long live the Golden Globes and long live you, my love, who accompanied me and constantly gave me a hand, because I have very high heels and I have a problem knee,” the actress shared.

Luana Piovani revealed the reason for the breakup with Pedro Scooby

Actress Luana Piovani finally revealed the real reason behind his breakup with surfer and former BBB Pedro Scooby. In the documentary “A Vida é Irada, Vamos Curtir”, the actress recalled the tense moment they went through due to the inattention of the athlete, which eventually became the trigger for the divorce.

While they are traveling with their family, Pedro forgot to extend their stay, leaving Luana with nowhere to go with her children and several problems to deal with. “I had to leave before 13:00 the next day because the property was already rented out. With three children and twelve suitcases, Luna remembered. “When I hung up, I took the ring off my finger, put it on the table and said, ‘My marriage just ended.’ indicated.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Norton Simon's son sold the Beverly Hills estate for $ 25 million
Continue Reading

Trending