Connect with us

Top News

All Lives Matter protesters re-enacted George Floyd’s death when the Black Lives Matter parade passed

Published

on

'All Lives Matter' protesters reenact George Floyd's death

This moment was recorded by several people from both sides of the protest and posted on social media. “Blacks don’t mean anything to anyone,” shouted an All Lives Matter protester.

The whole incident lasted one minute and 23 seconds, according to the video posted to social media obtained by CNN.

The video appears to have been taken by protestors of All Lives Matter and shows what happened before and after the Black Lives Matter parade passed.

About 20 seconds before the police car escorting the Black Lives Matter march reached protesters All Lives Matter, a man lying prone on the ground. Shortly after, another man knelt on his neck, and the re-enactment of Floyd’s death began.

Another eyewitness video, taken by the Black Lives Matters march, takes what happens next.

“I felt something was happening because officers started moving us to the opposite side of the road as we marched closer to the area,” Russell Sampson, a Black Lives Matter march, told CNN.

Ten seconds after the escort police cars passed, when the demonstrators approached, the man on his knees began shouting at them. “You disobeyed, that’s what happened,” he shouted, gesturing to the protesters to the people below him. “Look … he doesn’t obey! He doesn’t obey. If he will obey, that won’t happen.”

The organizer of the Black Lives Matter protest in Franklinville, Daryan Fennal, told CNN that he was made to cry at the reenactment.

“I see mothers trying to cover their children’s eyes,” he told CNN in a statement.

See also  Volkswagen apologizes for racist Instagram ads

“Racism is everywhere, but it’s to display it in a horrible and public way that surprises me.”

After the protesters passed, the man who took the video then began commenting on the Black Lives Matter march.

“Black people don’t mean anything to anyone,” he said on the video. “All lives are important. All lives are important. The police are important. God bless the police. God bless the police. You stupid protesters.”

Correction clerk suspended, FedEx employee fired

Re-demonstration drew quick criticism because the video was widely shared on social media.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy condemned the behavior, saying that “mocking” the Floyd murder, “downplaying the call for justice from our repulsive black and brown community.”

After the video surfaced and anger grew online, the New Jersey Corrections Department said it had suspended officers who it said were “participating in the filming of hateful and disappointing video films that mocked the murder of George Floyd.”

The department has also begun a “thorough and accelerated” investigation into officers.

A source who was aware of the situation told CNN that the suspended officer was Joseph DeMarco, who had been employed by NJDOC for at least 18 years. The source said that after having a “conversation” with his union on Tuesday, DeMarco retained a private lawyer. DeMarco will be interviewed by NJDOC’s internal affairs on Wednesday morning, according to the source.

The hearing will be held after internal affairs make their recommendations and then it will be decided whether DeMarco is suspended with or without payment, the source said.

See also  Trump threatened to withdraw the Republican convention from North Carolina

Several calls by CNN to DeMarco have not been returned.

Local union president William Sullivan told CNN that the union – which represents around 6,000 correctional police officers in New Jersey – was notified of the incident around 12:30 pm on Tuesday after “many officers called and were angry.”

“We need to continue to practice tolerance and understanding; not discrimination and hatred,” the union said in a statement on their Facebook page. “As a collective group, we pray for those who are injured and we are here to help everyone heal.”

In a statement, FedEx said it had fired an employee they allegedly saw in the video during the protest.

“FedEx holds its team members with high standards of personal behavior, and we do not tolerate the types of horrible and offensive behaviors depicted in this video. The individuals involved are no longer employed by FedEx. We support people who support justice and equality,” reads a statement that.

CNN continued to try to contact former FedEx employees to provide comments, as well as the correction officer who was suspended.

But Daryann Fennal, organizer of the Black Lives Matter, said this would not eliminate his efforts. He said he could not “not see” the re-enactment and called it frightening and frightening. “Despite the horrific incident we witnessed, I still hope for the future and I hope that at least we reached the hearts of one person yesterday,” he said.

Alta Spells, Taylor Romine, and Lauren del Valle from CNN contributed to this reporting.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Who is Paulo Bento, the Portuguese coach from South Korea who coached Cruzeiro?

Published

on

Goal.com

The coach commanded the Portuguese national team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and left the South Korean national team after being eliminated in Qatar.

Portuguese coach Paulo Bento qualified South Korea for the playoffs of the World Cup, something the team had not achieved since 2010, when the South Korean team reached the 1/8 finals of this championship. But 4-1 rout against Brazil as a result, shortened the path of the Asian team, as well as put an end to the work of Paulo Sousa in the national team.

Paulo Bento started his career as a coach with the youth team of Sporting Clube Portugal in 2004. At the club, he commanded the youth team for two seasons, winning the junior national tournament in his first year. Incidentally, the coach took over the first team shortly after he announced his retirement as a player.

Given his prominence in the youth categories, Paulo was chosen to replace José Peseiro, who was eliminated in European competition, in the professional team of Sporting CP for the 2005 season./2006.

Professionally, Bento was runner-up for four seasons in a row in the Portuguese Championship. Despite this, the coach won two Portuguese Cups and two Candido de Oliveira Super Cups. On November 6, 2009, the coach resigned.

Having distinguished himself at Sporting, Paulo Bento was announced as Portugal’s coach on 21 September 2010 after the World Cup in South Africa, where the then-champion Spain was selected in the round of 16.

Gettyimages

In qualifying, the coach managed to show good results in the first games, plus, of course, take Portugal to the semi-finals of Euro 2012, taking off from Spain on penalties. Having stood out in competitions, the coach extended the contract until Euro 2016.

See also  Luis Figo is the first Portuguese to star in a Netflix documentary. Here comes the controversy - Culture

However, after losing to Albania in qualifying for Euro 2016, the coach could not resist and was fired in September 2014. The unsuccessful campaign at the World Cup of the same year in Brazil also affected.

After the Portugal national team, Paulo Bento returned to Brazil in May 2016, but this time to coach the Cruzeiro club. With a contract until December 2017, the coach made his debut in the second round of the Brasileirão the same year.

Paulo Bento Cruzeiro Brazilian Championship in Sao Paulo 05062016Washington Alves/Light Press/Cruzeiro

However, Bento only lasted 17 matches in power with six wins, three draws and eight losses, leaving the team in second-to-last place in the tournament.

On 11 August 2016, the coach was announced as the new commander of Olympiacos, Greece, where he remained until 6 March 2017, winning the Greek title. Following this, Paulo Bento was announced as Chongqing Dangdai of China leading the team for only 15 matches.

20221124 Paulo BentoGetty Images

On August 16, 2018, Paulo Bento was announced as the new coach of South Korea following the departure of Shin Tae-yong, who lost in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup.

As part of the South Korean national team, the coach has 55 wins, 12 draws and eight losses, having won the East Asian Cup title and classified the team at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. After being knocked out against Brazil in the 1/8 finals, the Portuguese announced his retirement from the national team.

Continue Reading

Top News

Pioli ‘pulls’ Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese ‘must make a dash’

Published

on

Pioli 'pulls' Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese 'must make a dash'

FROMTefano Pioli, Milan coach, gave an interview on the Italian radio program Sky Calcio Club on Sunday in which he talked about Rafael Leao’s participation in the 2022 Mundial, a test in which the Portuguese striker was a replacement for Fernando Santos. ‘, indicating that he has been talking to his player over the past few days.

“If we talk? They have an obligation to call me at the end of the game. He is happy because Portugal is doing well. It is clear that he would like to play more. I can take advantage of this for a contract extension,” said Pioli, who also spoke about the Portuguese’s renewal process.

“He is fine with us and management and Rafael are talking. We are waiting for good news,” the Transalpine coach fired.

Looking at his player’s short playing time at this 2022 World Cup, Pioli admitted that Rafael Leau would like to have more playing time for the national team, but hinted that the Portuguese striker is not unhappy.

“If he plays a little? It’s hard to judge because Portugal has a very high quality team. Rafael is happy because Portugal is having a good World Cup, but there is a lot of quality and competitiveness in the attacking sector of the Portuguese team. “, – stressed the coach of the Italian, who also left a small warning to Rafael Leau.

“When you see him in training, you immediately understand that he has incredible potential. He has technique and speed that few others have. Over the course of a period, he had to develop and adapt to the reality at Milan, where the pressure is different from what he is. he was in Lille. It took time, but his potential to become a great player was always there. But he still needs to make the leap to become a champion because he can be even more decisive in the opponent’s zone,” he stressed.

See also  Google Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 live graphic and specs leak online

“If you think about Rafael from two years ago, he has made tremendous progress. He’s missing a few things, but he’s smart and approachable. I can give him all the ideas he wants, but his talent must be left free. should improve his heading, given his physique,” he concluded.

Read also: Spaniards say Carlo Ancelotti is “in love” with Rafael Leao

Always be the first to know.
Sixth year in a row Consumer Choice and Five Star Online Press Award.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

Continue Reading

Top News

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Published

on

Portugal, nuts and the Portuguese consumer: a successful trilogy

Nuts have become part of a limited group of Portuguese agri-food sectors that manage to achieve much-desired food self-sufficiency. In the case of almonds it is 170% and in the case of chestnuts it is 116% in relation to the national consumption.

The value of Portuguese agricultural production in 2021 was 9.6 billion euros, representing a growth rate of 14.6% compared to 2020, and therefore it is fair to say that dried fruits today, with a production of 80,000 tons and exports reaching 100 million euros contributed. to this success.

Continue Reading

Trending