Connect with us

Top News

3 US Navy aircraft carriers are patrolling the Pacific. And China is not happy

Published

on

China aircraft carrier

USS Ronald Reagan and USS Theodore Roosevelt were both on patrol in the western Pacific, while USS Nimitz in the east, according to a US Navy press release. With each ship containing more than 60 aircraft, it is the largest deployment of US aircraft carriers in the Pacific since 2017 – when tensions with North Korea over Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons program are at its peak.

“Operators and large aircraft carrier strike groups are a phenomenal symbol of American naval power. I am really excited that we have three of them at this time,” Rear Admiral Stephen Koehler, director of operations at the Indo-Pacific Command in Hawaii, told AP.

On Sunday, a spokesman for the Communist Party’s Global Times said that the aircraft carrier could threaten troops in the disputed South China Sea.

“By deploying this aircraft carrier, the US is trying to show the entire region and even the world that it remains the most powerful naval force, because they can enter the South China Sea and threaten Chinese forces on the islands of Xisha and Nansha (Paracel) and the Spratly islands. ) and ships passing through the nearest waters, so that the US can do its hegemonic politics, ” Global Times Report quoted Li Jie, a Beijing-based naval expert, as saying.

The report – posted on the official website of the People’s Liberation Army – also highlighted the weapons available to the Chinese military, adding that Beijing could hold exercises in response to exhibiting weapons.

“China has aircraft carrier killing weapons such as DF-21D and DF-26 anti-ship ballistic missiles,” the story said.

See also  Protesters negotiated a post-curfew agreement with the NYPD

Chinese counter-narratives

The deployment means that three out of seven active US Navy aircraft carriers are in the Pacific. The other four are at the port for maintenance.

Collin Koh, a researcher at the Institute for Defense and Strategic Studies in Singapore, said China reacted violently because the presence of the aircraft carrier was contrary to the US Navy’s portrayal of Beijing as a force paralyzed by the coronavirus pandemic.

“That is contrary to the narrative China wants to put forward that the US is under pressure in the Pacific,” Koh said.

Indeed, Roosevelt returned to sea on June 4 after spending weeks at a port on Guam following a coronavirus outbreak on board in March, when more than 1,000 of the nearly 4,900 crew members tested positive.

“We have returned Theodore Roosevelt to the sea as a symbol of hope and inspiration, and an instrument of national power because we are TR,” Roosevelt’s commander, Captain Carlos Sardiello, said in a statement.

Reagan returned to sea at the end of May after crew members were placed under limited movement at his home port in Japan to ensure it was deployed without the Covid-19 case. It was also loaded with more than 1,000 tons of weaponry – “enough combat strength to make the ship sit five inches lower in the water line,” a US Navy statement said.

The move comes after the US Pacific Fleet said last month that all submarines deployed forward were at sea carrying out operations in the western Pacific. No figures were given, but experts said it might involve more than eight ships that were difficult to track, fast attack.

See also  Buffalo officers quit the special team after 2 officers were suspended for allegedly pushing 75 years to the ground

Carl Schuster, former director of operations at the US Pacific Command Joint Intelligence Center, said it was no accident.

“(The Chinese Navy) does not know where the submarine is and that makes it difficult to calculate responses and planning,” he said – especially when Beijing must now also be responsible for three aircraft carriers and the destroyers and cruisers that accompany it.

US-Chinese tension

The spread also occurred at a time when tensions were rising between Washington and Beijing in the South China Sea and Taiwan.

Last week, a US Navy C-40 transport plane, the equivalent of a Boeing 737, flew over Taiwan on its way to Thailand with what the Navy said was a routine logistical flight. US jets were diverted to Taiwan, which China considers part of its territory, by Taiwanese air controllers, US Navy spokesman Reann Mommsen told CNN.

Pressure is mounting in Indonesia and Malaysia in the South China Sea

But Beijing called the flight “an unlawful act and serious provocation,” Xinhua news agency said.

“Aviation that is too high destroys China’s sovereignty, security and development interests and violates international law and basic norms that guide international relations,” the Xinhua story said, quoting Zhu Fenglian, spokesman for the Office of Taiwan’s State Council Affairs.

On June 4, the US Navy sent missiles with missile control through the Taiwan Strait, which separates the island from mainland China. And in the South China Sea, waters of 1.3 million square miles that most of Beijing claims to be its sovereign territory, US warships have done a lot of freedom of navigation operations this year. US B-1 bombers and reconnaissance aircraft are also active.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

UFRR oferta oficinas de Línguas Portuguesa e Estrangeiras

Published

on

UFRR oferta oficinas de Línguas Portuguesa e Estrangeiras

Oficinas serão realizadas por alunos estagiários dos cursos de Letras (português, espanhol e inglês), sob orientação dos professores das disciplinas de Estágio Supervisionado

O Núcleo de Línguas Estrangeiras (Nucele) e os cursos de bacharelado em Letras da Universidade Federal de Roraima (UFRR) abriram inscrições para oficinas gratuitas nas áreas de línguas portuguesa e estrangeiras, para estudantes do ensino fundamental e médio.

Trata-se de uma proposta de desenvolvimento dos estágios curriculares supervisionados das licenciaturas em Letras no âmbito do Ensino Remoto Emergencial-ERE da UFRR. As oficinas serão realizadas por alunos estagiários dos cursos de Letras (português, espanhol e inglês), sob orientação dos professores das disciplinas de Estágio Supervisionado.

O publico-alvo é especialmente alunos que desejam realizar o Exame Nacional do Ensino Médio, alunos que pretendem fazer o vestibular da UFRR, além de alunos que tenham interesse de fazer o ensino médio no Instituto Federal de Ciência e Tecnologia de Roraima. No entanto, todos os alunos do ensino fundamental e médio podem participar;

O período das inscrições das oficinas segue o seguinte cronograma:

Oficina de Leitura: “O cidadão de Papel: uma proposta de leitura crítica”. Incrições de 19/01 a 30/01.

Oficina de Lingua Portuguesa Ensino Fundamental: “Do povo para a sala de aula: estudando gêneros populares na aula de português”. Incrições de 18/01 a 01/02.

Oficina 1 de Espanhol: “El extraordinario mundo de los cuentos”. Incrições de 17/01 a 02/02.

Oficina 2 de Espanhol: “El universo de las historietas: los superheroes de hoy”. Incrições de 20/01 a 01/02.

Oficina 3 de Espanhol: “Cuentos de terror: desentrañando las narrativas de Quiroga”. Incrições de 21/01 a 18/02. Link: encurtador.com.br/mortC

Oficina 4 de Espanhol: “Biografia: personajes del mundo hispânico”. Incrições de 21/01 a 17/02. link:

See also  Englishman Anthony Lopez joins FUT 22 Team of the Week • Eurogamer.pt

Oficina de Literatura – Ensino Medio: “A mulher preta eo pobre e no Vestibular da UFRR: um retrato brasileiro por meio da Literatura.” Incrições de 25/01 to 30/01.

Oficina de Conversação de Inglês. Incrições de 25/01 to 31/01.

Leitura e compreensão textual em língua inglesa para ENEM e vestibular. Incrições de 25/01 to 31/01.

Para se increver, basta acessar este link

Continue Reading

Top News

Covid-19 custou ao Estado português 7.74 mil milhões de euros só em 2021

Published

on

Covid-19 custou ao Estado português 7.74 mil milhões de euros só em 2021

A covid-19 custom ao Estado portugues 7.74 mil milhoes de euros só em 2021, divulgou esta quinta-feira a Direção-Geral do Orçamento (DGO), num dia em que Portugal estabeleceu um novo recorde diário de infeções.

“Até ao final de Dezembro, a execução das medidas adotadas no âmbito do combate e da prevenção da Covid-19, bem como as que têm por objetivo repor a normalidade, conduziu a uma redução da receita de 306.4 milhões de euros ea um aumento da despesa total em 7.437.3 milhões de euros”, lê-se na”Sintese da Execução Orçamentalda DGO.

Incluído na despesa estão os apoios as empresas e ao empregoque somaram 4.027.6 milhões de euros, sendo um quarto no âmbito no programa Apoiar e um pouco de mais de outro quarto no apoio aos transportes.

O apoio ao setor da Saude somou no ano passado 1,474.9 milhões de euros, sendo aqui incluído o investimento em recursos humanos, vacinas e testes.

Quanto ao boletim epidemiologico da Direção-Geral de Saude (DGS), foram diagnosticadas 65.706 novas infeções de quarta para quinta-feira, um novo recorde diário no país, e há ainda a lamentar mais 41 mortes com Covid-19.

Em termos hospitalares, registou-se uma queda de 64 “doentes covid” internadoshavendo agora um máximo de 2249 camas ocupadas, incluindo 147 nos cuidados intensivos (menos sete do que na quarta-feira).

Em termos de vacinas contra a Covid-19, está já aberto o autoagendamento da dose de reforço para maiores de 18 anos. O pedido pod ser feito online pelo portal do Serviço Nacional de Saúde.

O reforço pode ser feito por “utentes com idade igual ou superior a 18 anos, que tenham completado o esquema primário há cincom meses e não tenham tido infeção há menos de cincom meses”, explicam os Serviços Partilhados do Ministério da Saúde (SPMS).

See also  Marcelo and the government are closely monitoring the situation in South Africa

Pela Europa

O governo britânico pretende aliviar as restrições anticovid em Inglaterra eo fim do uso obrigatorio das máscaras é uma das medidas já em vigor.

Para o ministro da Saude britânico, Sajid Javidmanter a proteção facial contra a Covid-19 é agora “um questão de decisão pessoal“, mas ainda assim alguns operadores de transportes públicos ingleses mantém o pedido de uso de máscaras nos respetivos serviços.

Na Dinamarca, todas as restrições vão ser levantadas a partir de 1 de fevereiro. Entre os dinamarqueses, existe um misto de medo e alívio. Até porque este foi o país onde a variante Ómicron começou por ser mais agressiva na Europa e ainda há muitas pessoas infetadas.

Em Franca, a dois meses das eleições presidenciais, voltaram as manifestações sindicais pelos aumentos salariais, num contexto ainda muito marcado pela Covid-19. Em especial nas escolas, com muitas salas fechadas devido a professores infetados.

De acordo com o balanço desta quarta-feira, foram diagnosticadas em 24 horas mais 392 mil novas infeções e registados mais 268 mortos em ambiente hospitalar, o que elevou a tragédia de Covid-19 em França para mais de 130 mil mortos em quase dois anos de presença do vírus no país.

Continue Reading

Top News

João Rendeiro prefers the company of Portuguese-speaking prisoners to a cell just for himself – Observer

Published

on

João Rendeiro prefers the company of Portuguese-speaking prisoners to a cell just for himself - Observer

The former president of Banco Privado Português (BPP) has rejected a court offer to provide a cell alone at Westville Prison in South Africa because he is being held with other Portuguese-speaking Mozambican detainees, the lawyer said.

“The judge offered him an isolation cell” other than solitary confinement “next to the infirmary, but he doesn’t want to be isolated“, Disse June Marks.

The lawyer said the offer came after complaints of health problems last week.

Marks told Luza that Rendeiro, 69, had a heart problem, and the prison doctor expressed concern about his exposure to tuberculosis, which is widespread in the prison.

OUR The former banker had a fever, and he went through the prison hospital for medical attention, he added at the time. Last week Rendeiro came into the courtroom coughing.

Farmer helps out in prison cell in South Africa after showing signs of fever

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

However, June Marks said that Rendeiro turned down the offer to be transferred to another cell for cohabitation reasons.

“John is fine today. [esta quinta-feira]. He seems to be on the mend and feeling much better. I spent a lot of time with him“, he said.

“He is with other Portuguese-speaking prisoners from Mozambique, so he would not like to be in isolation,” the lawyer said.

Marx added that Rendeiro should not even be in prison under European law.

“There is an explanatory note in the European Union (EU) Extradition Convention stating that an elderly person or a pregnant woman cannot be imprisoned, and Jwow almost 70 years“pointed.

See also  Protesters negotiated a post-curfew agreement with the NYPD

June Marks said she will file a second bail application in February, in addition to an appeal to the Durban High Court Verulam Court to dismiss her first application.

The lawyer had previously confirmed to Luce that Rendeiro instructed her to file a lawsuit. complaint to the UN about the “inhumane” conditions in which he was held in Westville Prison.

At Thursday’s meeting, the parties agreed on a timetable for the trial to follow, with Rendeiro returning to court on May 20 for what he calls a “pre-trial” hearing in preparation for the extradition hearing, which is due to take place. place from 13 to 30 June.

The judge schedules a meeting for prosecutors and lawyers for May, but Rendeiro’s trial is not due until June.

Arrested on 11 December in the city of Durban, after nearly three months on the run from Portuguese justice, Joao Rendeiro was presented to Judge Rajesh Parshotam of the Verulam Court, who on 17 December applied the most severe measure of coercion to him. , placing him on remand in Westville Jail.

The former banker was convicted in three separate cases related to the collapse of BPP, and the court found that he withdrew 13.61 million euros from the bank. Of the three convictions, only one has become final and allows no further appeals, while João Rendeiro is due to serve an effective prison sentence of five years and eight months.

João Rendeiro was also sentenced to 10 years in prison in the second case and an additional three years and six months in the third case, the two sentences are still pending.

Joao Rendeiro will have a space of “1.4 meters” in prison. “It became a matter of life and death,” says the lawyer

The collapse of BPP in 2010 affected thousands of customers and cost hundreds of millions of euros to the state.

See also  Portuguese Football Championship returns to stadiums - Nacional

Continue Reading

Trending