Connect with us

Top News

The Texas Supreme Court blocked ballots amid coronavirus

Published

on

The Texas Supreme Court blocked ballots amid coronavirus

The Texas Supreme Court has blocked a plan to allow voters who fear the corona virus to use ballots for the November election.

Court Friday night given stay who reject lower court orders that have temporarily lifted postal voting restrictions to allow residents to vote by mail if they cite concerns about the capture of the corona virus at the polling station, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Attorney General Ken Paxton from the Republic of the country pioneered efforts to stop the ballot initiative by letter and has petitioned the Supreme Court for his stay.

The high court order stopped the distribution of ballots for those who feared being infected by direct voting for the election, at least until Paxton’s appeal was heard this weekend.

“I am pleased that today the Texas Supreme Court confirmed that my office can continue to prosecute voter fraud and issue guidance on ballot papers by ballot” while the appeal was made, Paxton said in a statement.

Paxton’s appeal is scheduled to be heard Wednesday.

Two lower courts previously supported incoming mail.

Under state law, Texas allows residents over the age of 65 to vote through letters or voters with disabilities, military service members and residents who will leave town for elections.

Democratic leaders in the state are punishing state officials for trying to force potentially dangerous voters.

“Frankly, I’m surprised that the state of Texas even today, in a state where so many people suffer, that they are struggling desperately to try to make a grandmother [who are] 64 years go and vote directly, “Chad Dunn, a lawyer for the Democratic Party, told the newspaper.

See also  LeBron James called Fox News host Laura Ingraham for defending Drew Brees

“Couldn’t have been more surprised.”

Proponents of the incoming mail movement made the legal argument that the risk of corona virus should be considered a disability under the law.

“The efforts of this Paxton and other Republican members to make people choose between exercising their right to vote and using their right to live is just an insult to everything that democracy stands for,” Democrat chairman Gilberto Hinojosa told the outlet.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Government approves strategy to combat “Portuguese underrepresentation” in Brussels

Published

on

Government approves strategy to combat "Portuguese underrepresentation" in Brussels

This afternoon the Council of Ministers will approve a national strategy to combat what it considers “underrepresentation de Portugal” in European institutions, in particular the European Commission.

“There is a significant shortage of Portuguese, especially those working for the Commission,” explains the Secretary of State for European Affairs in statements to Renaissance🇧🇷 The problem, according to Thiago Antunes, is not limited to middle management: “This is the first time Portugal does not have a CEO in the European Commission”.

The government wants to “correct this imbalance and fight this deficit in order to win.”ability to influence in decisions.” But it is not possible to increase the number of vacancies for the Portuguese, if only because there are no national quotas for employees working in institutions.

To go to Brussels or even work in Portugal on a full-time basis, you need to pass a series of tests prepared by EPSO (European Personnel Selection Office). 🇧🇷These are very difficult competitions.with very concrete evidence,” the official explains.

The strategy will be based on several pillars: training, increasing grants and encouraging the mobility of civil servants. The Portuguese government is going to create a national training center to “better prepare our candidates for competitions”; to bet on “dissemination of opportunities; increase the balls (by quantity and value); and create a statute that allows those who work in the public administration of Portugal to move into the European public administration.

The aim is to achieve “greater representation” in the European Commission in order to have “greater influence” on the decision. Although the strategy is to strengthen the Portuguese presence in Brussels and the employees do not work for Portugal.it doesn’t matter that they are portuguese“, he defends.

See also  The judge in the Michael Flynn case insisted that the prosecution be kept alive

Fruits may not appear early or may not even be measurable. “It will take some time until we see results,” admits the former secretary of state to the prime minister. But the wait does not stop the Portuguese government. “We have to start right now,” Thiago Antunes insists, pointing to the demographic problem among those working in Brussels. “There are a lot of Portuguese who came in at the time of our accession and are now retiring.”

The strategy aims to reverse the cycle of loss of Portuguese representation among the 27. The diploma will be approved this Wednesday in the Council of Ministers.

Continue Reading

Top News

“His manager is Portuguese and…”; The agent changes plans, and Luis Castro “arranges” the problem in the protection of “Botafogo”

Published

on

"His manager is Portuguese and...";  The agent changes plans, and Luis Castro "arranges" the problem in the protection of "Botafogo"

Botafogo

The defender must return from loan ahead of schedule, and the Glorioso coach will have to make a decision at the beginning of the preseason.

Photo: Jorge Rodriguez/AGIF.  First, Luis Castro does not have Diego Loureiro for 2023.
Photo: Jorge Rodriguez/AGIF. First, Luis Castro does not have Diego Loureiro for 2023.

With the end of the season Botafogo its reformulation is already underway with the participation of Luis Castro. Names like Carlinhos, for example, have already left General Severiano, but there is a tendency for the “purge” to continue a little longer. Especially with the return of borrowed athletes during the year.

goalkeeper case Diego Loureiro, who played on loan at Atlético GO, promoted to Serie B. Curiously, the Botafogo archer has a contract at Goiania until the end of 2023, but Dragao president Adson Batista is pessimistic about the player’s consistency.

“Diego Loureiro is a bit off because he still has a contract with Botafogo, his manager is Portuguese and he has a different vision.” said the director in an interview with radio Sagres from the capital of Goiás.

The goalkeeper played only two games for Atlético-GO, who were betting on Renan in the starting lineup. If he returns to Rio, Loureiro will likely see high competition in the black and white net as Luis Castro now has alternatives to Gatito Fernandes and Lucas Perry.

See also  The historic statue of Belgian King Leopold II was removed in Antwerp in the midst of protests
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese footballer, former Sporting player, flees the country

Published

on

Portuguese footballer, former Sporting player, flees the country

Ruben Ribeiro is accused of domestic violence and was arrested two weeks ago. He left with a term of identity and residence and disappeared from the “trace” of the authorities.

Ruben Ribeiro left Portugal a few days after his arrest due to accusation of domestic violence.

The wife blamed the 35-year-old Portuguese footballer last month.

Woman introduced several episodes of physical and psychological abuse over the past few years – some of which in front of the couple’s three children.

The court considered that the football player’s wife was in danger and, therefore, arrested Ruben about two weeks ago, November 16th.

The midfielder was questioned by the referee, but later releasedindicating the identity and place of residence – with a ban on contact or approaching the victim and under electronic surveillance.

However, the player has disappeared. O morning Post indicates that the General Directorate of Reintegration and Prison Service went to the defendant’s house to install an electronic surveillance device, but when it arrived, the accused was not.

The player also received a phone call, but this never answered🇧🇷 He did not cooperate, according to the Porto Criminal Court.

The newspaper writes that Ruben Ribeiro is in Turkey – His club is Hatayspor, but the family is still in Portugal.

The court has not yet decided what it will do after that. violation of coercive measures – An international arrest warrant may be issued.

Despite this development, the wife’s lawyer assures that she ” trusting that institutions know how to ensure justice and adequate protection for victims.”

See also  The collapse of Wirecard revealed a gap in the heart of Germany, Inc.

Born in Porto, Rubén Ribeiro grew up playing for Boavista and the Leixoyes. Later distinguished himself in the service of river birdwhich brought him a move to Sporting.

He played in Alvalada for only half a season; was one of nine players who terminated the contract with the club after hitting the gym in Alkoshet, 2018.

ZAP //

Continue Reading

Trending