Connect with us

Top News

Some Bay Area businesses are confused amid the reopening of coronavirus

Published

on

Some Bay Area businesses are confused amid the reopening of coronavirus

Jason Tripp has a distillery in the city that was once a surfer-friendly city in San Mateo County. Since mid-March, he has been selling vodka, gin and rum crafts, as well as commodities in high demand – hand sanitizers – to local storefront customers.

It all ended May 5, when the city police chief sent an email to Tripp asking him to turn it off.

Tripp has since vocally described himself as the victim of an arbitrary government fatwa, trying to tell his story to anyone who will listen. He sent a message about his situation to the Los Angeles Times tip line, and ABC San Francisco affiliation, KGO-TV, aired a story about his fate last week.

“Why is it okay to go to the store and buy alcohol but it’s not good to stay outside and buy from a shop window?” he said Wednesday, speaking from his shop.

The Tripp situation, and the situation of other Bay Area business owners, was not resolved on Wednesday when San Mateo and other Bay Area counties announced their intention to relax some orders in an effort to get closer to the country. Tripp is not sure whether the new order means he can reopen.

A regional spokesman did not help clarify the issue.

“I think we will delay answering specifically about the new order until it is announced later this week,” said Preston Merchant, a county spokesman.

In mid-March, seven Bay Area districts worked in unison to deliver the first and most stringent orders in the country, designed to protect the population from the rapidly spreading corona virus. Orders vary slightly from one region to another, the only material differences are geographical borders and names.

However, over the past few weeks, the uniformity has been stirred into a mixture of geographical interpretations, orders and enforcement decisions – from the district level to the city and even the block level.

See also  Fourth rare world champion Marquez wins the race and Oliveira falls for the podium - Motorsport

For example, on April 27, Bay Area regional health officials announced together that they were extending home orders until the end of May.

However, it soon became clear that each health worker and regional advisor interpreted the orders and extensions differently.

For example, in Santa Clara District, officials decided residents could play tennis with direct household members. But across San Franciscoquito Creek which is narrow and now dry, residents in San Mateo County are banned.

“We spent hours discussing it, far more time than the value of the subject,” Dr. Scott Morrow, San Mateo County public health officer, in an email. “Although I have never considered tennis as a high-risk activity, the Bay Area Health Officers group decided to use a rubric that prohibits sports that share equipment. That means there is no tennis. “

Since then Morrow has lifted the restrictions, as long as certain thresholds are met (for example, only household members can play together, and singles from different households cannot share the ball).

Morrow also restricted San Mateo County residents from traveling more than 10 miles for recreation – a limit that is not imposed elsewhere. He said it was mostly to prevent people from flocking to the beach in numbers at risk, and to provide law enforcement with concrete metrics to enforce orders.

“The county seaside area is an attraction for tens of thousands of people, many who come from long distances,” said Morrow, who owns a beachfront home in Half Moon Bay. “Beaches can be a big problem with uncontrolled gatherings as we have seen in other regions of the state and country.”

Based on data from sheriff County San Mateo, at least 370 written warnings, 1,088 verbal warnings and 604 parking quotes were issued along the district coast between April 20 and May 3 for violations of orders to stay at the district house. Nothing was recorded between May 4 and May 11, the last period on the sheriff’s website.

See also  The 17 foot snake was caught in Florida

May 5 email to Tripp from Pacifica Police Chief William Glasgo was not included in the warning.

Tripp Distillery is an award-winning craft refinery in a converted garage on the Palmetto Avenue alley.

In every way, it looks like the product of a 48-year-old man who found a way to turn a hobby into sustainable income – more as a “way of life” rather than setting an office for a future IPO.

Boxes and equipment were scattered, the floors were sticky, and recipe streaks and cocktail mixes filled the wall space.

On Wednesday morning, a little soaked after a “long night of quality control,” Tripp explained he had to lay off four part-time employees last week; its biggest buyers, including the San Jose Sharks NHL, have either closed or, in the case of restaurants, cannot sell their products at home and have therefore stopped buying.

And now he can’t sell from a storefront – a ban which he thinks is confusing and confusing, given that customers can enter a BevMo or Safeway store and buy alcohol from a shelf – he doesn’t have money to pay anyone.

He pointed to a tweet from the distillery in Half Moon Bay that was still operating – selling craft spirits and hand sanitizers to local customers.

Call to Half Moon Bay Distillery not returned. However, a message out of the company and its website shows that sales in the store continue.

Daniel Steidle, a spokesman for the Pacifica Police Department, confirmed that the city had interpreted regional orders to ban refineries and breweries from storefront sales – unless they included restaurants.

“One of the differences between our breweries and our distilleries [order] of the others in this county is that they don’t operate as restaurants, “Steidle said in an email.

According to the Half Moon Bay Distillery website, liquor is the only product sold.

Confusion also reigns in the dog care universe. Many maintenance services have been closed to order in the Bay Area county, but pet care vans are regularly seen in the region.

Jimmy Yeung, owner of Wagmore Mobile Pet Spa, said he had seen other vans. He, however, remains parked in the Mountain View County Santa Clara lot, serving clients on site.

“I know the command says dog care is not important,” he said, “but because it affects their health, how could it not happen?”

He said he didn’t think the relaxation of orders in San Mateo County, which would allow dog care, would affect him a lot – even though most of his clients lived in the county, in Menlo Park and Atherton.

He said that because Santa Clara County was still limiting care, maybe he could get caught up in the confusion of jurisdiction that crossed the county line into the groom.

“That’s too risky,” he said.

However, even though he currently operates in the “gray area,” he has more business than before.

“I’ve refused a job,” he said. “Too much.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Manchester City signed ex-Fluminense player Kaiki to Portuguese team | international football
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  LA Galaxy released Aleksandar Katai in the middle of his wife's racist post

Continue Reading

Trending