Connect with us

Top News

Prince Charles wants the leave workers to pick fruit and vegetables

Published

on

A few weeks ago, they were engineers, chefs and waitresses. Now they're farming

In a video posted on Twitter, Charles, heir to the British throne, asked people to take on the task of “not sparkling” picking fruits and vegetables to help farmers.

“At this time with great uncertainty, many of our normal routines and regular lifestyles are being challenged,” he told the camera, promoting the British government’s Pick For Britain campaign, which seeks to recruit students or people who have been on leave.

“If we want to harvest British fruit and vegetables this year, we need an army of people to help,” he said.

The Duke of Cornwall, 71, compared prospective pickers with World War II Army Soldiers, where women and girls volunteered or conscripted to do agricultural work after many men left the country to fight.

“In the coming months, thousands of people will be needed to bring crops. This will be a difficult graft but it is very important if we want to avoid plants that grow into waste,” he said.

While the prince acknowledged that the work would be “unattractive” and “sometimes, challenging,” he told viewers that it was “the most important” during the coronavirus pandemic.

Kingdom tested positive for coronavirus in March, and has since left self-isolation in good health after consulting a doctor.

Coronavirus travel restrictions have caused a labor crisis for the UK agricultural sector which has traditionally been dependent on seasonal migrant workers from Europe.

The British government had previously said it was working with industry to help fill in what was estimated by the National Farmers’ Union of around 70,000 seasonal worker roles.

See also  Hot Property: composer 'Good Wife' registered Santa Monica at home

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

In the last round of Portugal x Morocco was the decisive Cristiano Ronaldo and the Portuguese a la Gordon Banks.

Published

on

In the last round of Portugal x Morocco was the decisive Cristiano Ronaldo and the Portuguese a la Gordon Banks.

Portugal and Morocco met in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup, and the Europeans won 1-0.

Portugal and Morocco will meet this Saturday (10) in the quarterfinals world Cup from Qatar. The last meeting between the two teams was in 2018, in the group stage of the World Cup held in Russia, and the Portuguese had the star of Cristiano Ronaldo and a brilliant performance by Rui Patricio to win the confrontation 1-0.




CR7 scored Portugal’s winning goal against Morocco in 2018 (Photo: FADEL SENNA/AFP)

Photo: Lance!

After scoring a hat-trick on his debut against Spain in 2018, CR7 went on a good phase and took four minutes to put the Portuguese team ahead against Atlas Lions. Four years later, the script changed for the Portuguese star, who was no longer unanimous in Portugal and lost the title to Gonçal Ramos, who scored a hat-trick against Switzerland.

Another notable figure for Portugal against Morocco in 2018 was goalkeeper Rui Patricio. The Africans dominated the match and had 15 submissions. In the 12th minute of the first half, the goalkeeper saved a header from Belanda in a move similar to Gordon Banks’ “save of the century” against Pelé in the 1970 World Cup.

In Qatar, Rui Patricio came on as a substitute and “passed the baton” to Diogo Costa, the 23-year-old who failed his debut but was an important figure in the Portuguese team’s campaign in the competition.

Frenchman Hervé Renard managed Morocco in Russia, a sensational manager in Qatar who managed to get Saudi Arabia to beat Argentina with one of the biggest upsets in World Cup history.

The winner of Portugal and Morocco will play either France or England in the semi-finals of the World Cup. The Portuguese have not been in the top four teams since the 2006 World Cup in Germany. On the other hand, the Atlas Lions want to be the first African team to reach the semi-finals of the Cup.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  NASA STEREO Spacecraft’s Lone Check out of Betelgeuse Reveals More Weird Conduct – Is Supernova Imminent?
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese government to allocate 30 million euros to help Ukrainian refugees in Poland – Cidade Hoje

Published

on

Portuguese government to allocate 30 million euros to help Ukrainian refugees in Poland – Cidade Hoje

The City Council of Santo Tirso today returned to Desportivo das Aves the Portuguese Football Cup trophy won in the 2017/2018 season, which the municipality bought at an auction two months ago for 30,000 euros.

“This was an injustice that our own justice wanted to bring up for discussion, but it needs to be reconsidered. It is disgusting that there are legal aspects that prevent the title from passing into the hands of others when it has been very well won on the field. The city council did only what it was responsible for, which is to keep the heritage of the population, the club and the land in the right place, ”Mayor Alberto Costa repeated to reporters.

The handover of the scepter took place on the full lawn of the CD Aves stadium, in Vila das Aves, between the winning reception of Desportivo das Aves 1930 in favor of Rio de Moinhos (3-1), in the 13th round of the 4th Series of the Football Association Division of Honor Porto.

Conquered on 20 May 2018 by beating Sporting CP in the final of the Queen’s competition (2-1) at the Estadio Nacional in Oeiras, the trophy was laid in the context of northern South Africa’s insolvency, having been put up for public auction from August to October.

A “double” by Alexandre Guedes against a goal from Colombian Fredy Montero “sealed” the unprecedented success of “Avences”, then managed by José Mota, just five days after the invasion of the Accademia de Alcochete, where supporters attacked several “Leonin players”.

See also  he 'doesn't remember what he did yesterday'

“The City Council of Santo Tirso did this out of respect for those who were on the field, after a week when it seemed that Desportivo das Aves did not exist. I returned to what I did in good conscience as mayor. We took care of the formal aspects so that what happened would not happen again, ”admitted Alberto Costa.

The ceremony was attended by the footballers, technicians and other staff involved in winning the Portuguese Cup, whose scepter was carried by the then goalkeeper and “captain” Kim and striker Alexandre Guedes on the pitch to be symbolically handed over by the mayor to the newly appointed sworn-in president of the Vila das Aves club, Pedro Pereira.

“Feeling is what you felt in the stadium. There was gratitude for the most important achievement in our history, which also marked the beginning of the renaissance that we are striving for, in order for the club to return to the heights that it has reached in the past. The Portuguese Cup is well placed. The legal departments have tried to ensure that this is not going anywhere,” said successor António Freitas.

The auction was held by the Judicial Court of Comarca Porto and ended exactly two months ago, setting a minimum threshold of 1360 euros, set at an initial price of 800 euros and a base price of 1600 euros. trophy.

The greatest achievement of Desportivo das Aves was arrested by the SAD in July 2020 when the Chinese-led administration Wei Zhao failed to fulfill the licensing requirements in the professional competition of the 2020/21 season with the Clubs League and rejected an appeal to the Council of the Referee of the Portuguese Football Federation.

See also  Portuguese Cooperation Center in Angola announces tender

The Nordics had already been relegated to the II League, but “fell” by administrative means in the Campeonato de Portugal, then in the third national level due to wage arrears and unilateral layoffs of players, technical staff and employees.

SAD, which also witnessed the confiscation of two Desportivo das Aves buses, decided to withdraw from the Portuguese Championship in September 2020, five months before the Santo Tirso District Judicial Court declared it insolvent.

Almost €37,500 debts from SAD to three foreign clubs resulted in FIFA preventing the club from signing new players since August 2020, but two months later, António Freitas’ management decided to recreate the futsal and football sections that began to represent the new club. called Desportivo das Aves 1930.

Continue Reading

Top News

IBGE has already conducted a census of almost 80% of the Brazilian population – Português (Brazil)

Published

on

Mutirão Opens To Negotiation Of Individuals' Overdue Debts - Português (Brazil)

Almost 80% of Brazil’s population is already registered this year. From the beginning of work, from August 1 to December 5, 168,018,345 people were registered, in 59,192,875 households, which corresponds to 78.73% of the estimated population of the country. The data is taken from the fourth balance sheet of the 2022 demographic census released this Wednesday (December 7) by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGS).

Of the total number of respondents, the majority live in the Southeast region, 39.54%, followed by the Northeast (29.43%), South (14.76%), North (8.79%) and Midwest (7 .44%). So far, 48.4% of the census population was male and 51.6% female.

According to IBGE, the state with the highest proportion of registered people to estimated population is Piauí (96.2%), followed by Sergipe (91.2%) and Rio Grande do Norte (89.8%). The least advanced are Mato Grosso (65.9%), Amapa (66.9%) and Espirito Santo (70.67%).

In the case of Sergipe and Piaui, BIGE has already completed the first phase of data collection, with census takers traveling around the state visiting addresses. The institute will now begin the process of restoring homes that were registered for absent residents and those that people refused to respond to the census.

So far, about 2.59% of households have refused to respond, but IBGE expects to reduce this percentage by the end of the operation after all persistence protocols have been applied.

States that are close to completing collection will also be able to count on Disque-Censo, a free service available from 8:00 am to 9:30 pm. Those who have not been visited by census takers can call the agency at 137 and take part in the survey. At the moment, the service is only available in the states of Sergipe and Piauí.

See also  Downtown Disney reopens as coronavirus rages in Orange County

In this balance sheet, BIGE discloses for the first time general census data in subnormal agglomerations, defined as “irregular occupation of land for residential purposes in urban areas and which are generally characterized by irregular urban structure, lack of basic public services and being in areas with limited access”. Until December 5, 12,337,295 people lived in the country, which is about 7% of the registered population.

In addition, 1,489,003 natives and 1,208,702 quilombolas have already been registered.

The institute is facing difficulties due to a lack of staff to conduct censuses in some locations. Throughout the country, from November 28 to December 4, 60,611 enumerators worked at IBGS, which is 33.1% of the total number of available vacancies.

Census takers will always be in uniform, with an IBGE vest, census cap, ID badge, and a mobile data collection device (DMC). In addition, it is possible to verify the identity of the IBGS agent in website By answering IBGE or calling 0800 721 8181.

Continue Reading

Trending