Connect with us

Top News

In the Got America’s Got Talent investigation ’

Published

on

In the Got America's Got Talent investigation ’

In this episode:

  • NBC told Page Six the results of an investigation into the alleged racism at the location of its long-running “America’s Got Talent.”
  • We will break down what the network finds. Chrissy Teigen and Alison Roman moved out of their feud – so what next?
  • And J. Lo felt sad for delaying his marriage to Alex Rodriguez.


Here are a few examples of today’s stories:

America’s Got Talent found no mistakes

“America’s Got Talent” assesses Howie Mandel, Gabrielle Union, Simon Cowell and Julianne Hough, and “AGT” host Terry CrewsStreiber Art / NBC

NBC told Page Six that an investigation into alleged racism on the TV show “America’s Got Talent” found no errors.

The investigation was launched by the network after former judge Gabrielle Union, 47, claimed in November last year that, among other things, people at the event complained that her hair style was “too black.” It was also reported that a young black contestant was expelled from the show because he needed players who “the Americans could miss.”

On Wednesday – the same day Variety publishes lengthy interviews with Union about his experience at the event – representatives for the network and producers of the show told us that a lengthy investigation had cleared the network and the producer.

In a statement to Page Six, the representative said, “When we heard Ms. Union worry about her time at the event, we took her very seriously.”

The rep indicated that, after the allegations surfaced, the network and producers – Fremantle and Syco – “immediately engaged an outside investigator who conducted more than 30 interviews to review the issues raised by Ms. Union.”

See also  FPF and RTP agree to broadcast the Portuguese Cup until 2024 - Observer

“Although the investigation has demonstrated overall cultural diversity, the investigation also highlighted several areas where the reporting process could be improved,” the representative said.

But the representative added that the investigation had “revealed that no one associated with the show made an insensitive or condescending statement about Ms. appearance. Union, and that both race and sex are not contributing factors in advancing or eliminating contestants at any time. “

The next step is Alison Roman

Alison Roman
Alison RomanBravo

Food columnist temporarily moved from his position in the New York Times after controversial comments about Chrissy Teigen and Marie Kondo.

“This is a big change for me both personally and professionally, and I still process so much, but know that I’m working on it and think about it 24/7,” he wrote on Instagram, Tuesday. “The problems raised by all this will not be fixed overnight, and the healing process for many people will take a long time, but I am committed to doing work to make it better.”

His new business? A bulletin, he said, for those who want to follow their food recipes and blogging.

“For the future, you can find me in the bulletin that I started 3 years ago and never sent lol. There will be recipes, e-mail readers, recommendations and discussions about things that I hope you will like or find useful, “he announced, adding,” In lieu of the comments or DM section, I encourage you to submit questions / comments / problems to [email protected], the idea of ​​sharing some of them in the bulletin (I learned the ‘comments section’ is not the best place for public discourse). “

See also  Portuguese animation cinema wins more international awards

J.Lo has a broken heart of marriage

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez
Jennifer Lopez and Alex RodriguezGetty Images

Jennifer Lopez had to postpone her marriage to Alex Rodriguez in the midst of a coronavirus pandemic – and she had mixed feelings about it.

“I’m a little heartbroken because we do have some great plans but I also like it, you know? God has a bigger plan so we just have to wait and see,” he said via video chat on “Today Show” on Tuesday. “Maybe this will get better. I have to believe it will happen.”

For now, J. Lo, 50, said he and A-Rod, 44, have delayed their plans.

“There is no planning right now. You just have to wait and see how this all happens,” he said. “It’s disappointing on one level, you know, after the Super Bowl and after [filming] “World of Dance” … I plan to take time off, which we are doing now, but at the same time, you know, we have a lot of plans for this summer and this year, but, all of them are rather on hold now. “

Follow all episodes of “We Hear” by subscribing to the podcast Apple Podcast, Spotify or wherever you get the podcast. New episodes come out every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

5-star hotels lead the way in the restoration of Portuguese tourist sites

Published

on

5-star hotels lead the way in the restoration of Portuguese tourist sites

In October, the number of overnight stays in 5-star hotels increased by 15.9% compared to the same month in 2019, which, according to additional information, namely from the DMC (Tourist Inception Agency), is associated with a strong increase in tourism from the United States. states.

Information published today by INE indicates that in October, compared to the same month before the pandemic, the number of overnight stays in tourist establishments in Portugal increased by 6.2%, with the strongest increase in hotels, at 8.2%. in which, therefore, 62.1% is concentrated. overnight stays.

The information shows that 4-star hotels, where the largest number of beds are concentrated, had 48.9% of overnight stays in October, totaling 2.05 million, which is +7.6% or more than 144.7 thousand than in October 2019.

This was followed by 3-star hotels with 927.3k, but this increase was about half of 5-star hotels, by 7.6% or 65.5k, to 927.3k, and then 5-star hotels with 857. 4 thousand overnight stays, an increase of 15.9%. or 117.6 thousand compared to the same pre-pandemic month.

In contrast to the evolution in these categories, there were 2- and 1-star hotels, in which the number of overnight stays decreased by 2.7%, or ten thousand, to 360.8 thousand.

The cheapest apart-hotels (three and two stars) also saw a decrease in overnight stays, from -20.9% or less than 24.4 thousand, in hotels and farms in Madeira, from -0.4% or less, to about 300, and in tourist settlements, from -7.7. % or less than 17.5 thousand.

At the same time, the number of apart-hotels increased by 1.2%, or 8.5 thousand, to 717.5 million, due to the increase in 5-star hotels by 6.7%, or 6.6 thousand, to 104.9 thousand, and 4-star, by 5.4 thousand% or 26.4 thousand to 519.9 thousand.

See also  Portuguese animation cinema wins more international awards

Overnight stays in tourist apartments also increased by 3.2%, or 13.6 thousand, to 437.8 million, local accommodation, by 0.6%, or 5.5 thousand, to 901.2 thousand, and , primarily tourism in rural areas and housing, with an increase of 45.2% or 67.3 thousand to 216.5 thousand people.

The INE data also shows that Portuguese tourist sites were the best in October in terms of overnight stays this year, with peaks achieved by 5-, 4- and 3-star hotels, 5- and 4-star apartment hotels, accommodation . and rural tourism and housing development.

See also:

The US market is already setting new annual records in Portuguese hotels

The Portuguese hospitality industry experienced the best October in terms of number of guests and overnight stays.

Continue Reading

Top News

Government approves strategy to combat “Portuguese underrepresentation” in Brussels

Published

on

Government approves strategy to combat "Portuguese underrepresentation" in Brussels

This afternoon the Council of Ministers will approve a national strategy to combat what it considers “underrepresentation de Portugal” in European institutions, in particular the European Commission.

“There is a significant shortage of Portuguese, especially those working for the Commission,” explains the Secretary of State for European Affairs in statements to Renaissance🇧🇷 The problem, according to Thiago Antunes, is not limited to middle management: “This is the first time Portugal does not have a CEO in the European Commission”.

The government wants to “correct this imbalance and fight this deficit in order to win.”ability to influence in decisions.” But it is not possible to increase the number of vacancies for the Portuguese, if only because there are no national quotas for employees working in institutions.

To go to Brussels or even work in Portugal on a full-time basis, you need to pass a series of tests prepared by EPSO (European Personnel Selection Office). 🇧🇷These are very difficult competitions.with very concrete evidence,” the official explains.

The strategy will be based on several pillars: training, increasing grants and encouraging the mobility of civil servants. The Portuguese government is going to create a national training center to “better prepare our candidates for competitions”; to bet on “dissemination of opportunities; increase the balls (by quantity and value); and create a statute that allows those who work in the public administration of Portugal to move into the European public administration.

The aim is to achieve “greater representation” in the European Commission in order to have “greater influence” on the decision. Although the strategy is to strengthen the Portuguese presence in Brussels and the employees do not work for Portugal.it doesn’t matter that they are portuguese“, he defends.

See also  Broadway can come back - by stealing tricks from local theaters

Fruits may not appear early or may not even be measurable. “It will take some time until we see results,” admits the former secretary of state to the prime minister. But the wait does not stop the Portuguese government. “We have to start right now,” Thiago Antunes insists, pointing to the demographic problem among those working in Brussels. “There are a lot of Portuguese who came in at the time of our accession and are now retiring.”

The strategy aims to reverse the cycle of loss of Portuguese representation among the 27. The diploma will be approved this Wednesday in the Council of Ministers.

Continue Reading

Top News

“His manager is Portuguese and…”; The agent changes plans, and Luis Castro “arranges” the problem in the protection of “Botafogo”

Published

on

"His manager is Portuguese and...";  The agent changes plans, and Luis Castro "arranges" the problem in the protection of "Botafogo"

Botafogo

The defender must return from loan ahead of schedule, and the Glorioso coach will have to make a decision at the beginning of the preseason.

Photo: Jorge Rodriguez/AGIF.  First, Luis Castro does not have Diego Loureiro for 2023.
Photo: Jorge Rodriguez/AGIF. First, Luis Castro does not have Diego Loureiro for 2023.

With the end of the season Botafogo its reformulation is already underway with the participation of Luis Castro. Names like Carlinhos, for example, have already left General Severiano, but there is a tendency for the “purge” to continue a little longer. Especially with the return of borrowed athletes during the year.

goalkeeper case Diego Loureiro, who played on loan at Atlético GO, promoted to Serie B. Curiously, the Botafogo archer has a contract at Goiania until the end of 2023, but Dragao president Adson Batista is pessimistic about the player’s consistency.

“Diego Loureiro is a bit off because he still has a contract with Botafogo, his manager is Portuguese and he has a different vision.” said the director in an interview with radio Sagres from the capital of Goiás.

The goalkeeper played only two games for Atlético-GO, who were betting on Renan in the starting lineup. If he returns to Rio, Loureiro will likely see high competition in the black and white net as Luis Castro now has alternatives to Gatito Fernandes and Lucas Perry.

See also  Douglas Tanke became the top scorer of Pasos de Ferreira at the end of the Portuguese championship | Portuguese football
Continue Reading

Trending