Connect with us

Top News

Homeowners who cannot pay a mortgage get a deferral option

Published

on

Homeowners who cannot pay a mortgage get a deferral option

Many difficult homeowners who delay their mortgage payments through a so-called patience program will get a new payment option, which allows them to make payments that are missed when the home is sold or the loan period expires, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said Wednesday.

The deferral option applies to homeowners who have mortgages supported by two government-controlled mortgage companies controlled by FHFA: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Under the CARES Act stimulus law, borrowers with government-supported loans – through the Federal Housing Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, US Department of Agriculture, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac – have the right to defer mortgage payments up to years if they have financial difficulties related to coronavirus pandemic.

Most homeowners have government-backed loans and millions have signed up to be patient. But there is great confusion about how borrowers will make up for the payments they have missed.

Consumer advocates say some mortgage companies have incorrectly told borrowers that they must repay all missed payments at once once the patience period ends or have made unclear comments that cause stressed consumers to think that’s the problem. Government agencies insist that borrowers with government-supported loans do not have to pay at once, and there are several payment options.

In a statement, FHFA Director Mark Calabria said the additional suspension option “responsibly simplifies options for homeowners while providing additional equipment for mortgage officers.”

Under that option, after the patience period ends if the borrower with a loan supported by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac is unable to make payments on top of their original mortgage payments, a suspension must be offered starting July 1, according to the FHFA.

See also  Nearly 8 million Brazilians lost their jobs because of Covid-19

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had previously announced the suspension option, but at that time the soldier said there was no need to offer it until next year.

The new option, which is similar to the one offered by FHA, keeps the borrower’s original monthly mortgage payment the same. When a loan ends, such as at the end of 30 years or when a homeowner sells their home, missed payments must be paid at once. In the case of refinancing, missed payments will be added to the new loan principal.

Before the suspension option, borrowers who can only make their original monthly payments may have received loan modifications. That will keep mortgage payments the same as extending loans, which stands to increase the total amount to be paid by the borrower.

If after the patience period the borrower is still unable to pay their original mortgage payments, loan modification is available that will reduce monthly payments by extending the term of the loan. The modification has a limit on how far payments can be reduced, so someone who never gets back a job can still lose their home.

Asset Mortgage Bankers. President Robert Broeksmit said the suspension options for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would “ease the burden on homeowners.”

A group of public lawyers, including Atty California. General Xavier Becerra, wants the regulator to go further. They say that mortgage servants already seem overwhelmed by the surge in patience requests and doubt that companies can effectively evaluate borrowers for various payment options.

In a letter to the FHFA, the attorney general requested that the agency ask officers to automatically handle missed payments until the end of the borrower’s loan in the form of monthly payments – so that a 30-year loan, for example, becomes a 30½-year loan if someone loses six months.

See also  RNC 2020: Trump warns Republican convention of ‘rigged election’

Then, if people still need help, more complicated modifications can be considered, the attorney general wrote.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Asilo terminates contract with marketing company because guardian is offended by Portugal’s mistakes | Sorokaba and Jundiai

Published

on

Asilo terminates contract with marketing company because guardian is offended by Portugal's mistakes |  Sorokaba and Jundiai

The administration of Lar Santa Rosália informed g1 who tried to contact the company responsible for the verbal attacks, but who chose to terminate the contract even before receiving a response from them about the incident. The name of the company was not disclosed.

The asylum statement states that the contract was for marketing services, but staff also evaluated and changed the service plan. “We spoke with the owner, who did not speak on this matter and said that he was investigating this case,” the text says.

However, even in this case, the institution decided to abandon the services provided and has already hired a new company, which is in the testing and adaptation phase.

The case, which took place on October 14, caused a resonance in social networks. Caregiver Christian Barros, 43, said she decided to send a resume to a nursing home after a friend said they needed staff.

However, she was humiliated for some Portuguese mistakes. Screenshots of the conversation sent to g1you can see that the maintenance staff corrected the mistakes of the guardian who was trying to explain (read above)… “There is no agent, this is us,” he wrote.

“It would be nice if you took the Portuguese course. This is probably why you cannot get a job, ”the employee continued.

Christiana said she apologized and tried to send new messages, but her number was blocked by the attendant.

Wanted g1 A few days after the incident, the shelter informed that they knew nothing about the episode, but that they were going to find out what happened inside in order to find the culprit.

After the outcry, the nurse said she had received job offers in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. But in Sorokaba, where he lives, he still has no offers and will continue to look for opportunities in the city.

In addition to her job, many people also offered to help her write a new resume and give Christiane advice on how to do well in interviews.

“God knows everything. He’s wonderful and He knows what He’s doing. I feel like I was chosen by Him and He used the people around me to show me that there is still good in the world. I am so happy and so grateful. I “I am still analyzing proposals. I accepted help reworking my resume, ”he said.

Christiane has been looking for work since August this year, when the elderly woman for whom she had worked since 2019 died.

After the death of the pensioner, the guardian was fired and faced with an uninteresting scenario: her unemployment and her husband, who works in a concert production, without any events until the end of the year.

  • Supermarket employee claims to be a victim of racism, calls the police and fired
  • The employee says he was attacked by his boss after showing a medical certificate.

Christiane said that due to the situation in the house, she started looking for work in Sorocaba, as unemployment insurance will be kept until December and she has a 15-year-old daughter.

“I only had unemployment insurance. My husband has not yet returned with events and only returned in December. So I hold back as much as we can, cry one here, another there. I bought what I needed, that I even needed to buy the basics, ”he said.

“The last installment of aid will be in December, right at Christmas, see if you can? But next month, I’m going to buy a bottle of gas, water, pay for electricity, and so on. Previously, the owner of a small grocery store in the neighborhood helped me a lot and left me, I will pay later. Our friend. But he died of Covid. If he was alive, he would never refuse us at this stage. ”

VIDEO: watch reports from TV Tem

Continue Reading

Top News

‘Angola and Portugal are doomed to live in the arms of eternity’

Published

on

'Angola and Portugal are doomed to live in the arms of eternity'

“Angola and Portugal are doomed to live in the arms of eternity. Nothing can shake the relationship that we always want to be good between our two countries, ”Angolan President João Lourenço (known as JLo) said yesterday to his Portuguese counterpart Marcelo Rebelo. de Sousa at the European-African Forum. “There is a great relationship between the States that has only improved over the past few years,” Marcelo said at an event that discussed the pandemic and economic recovery, highlighting the good personal relationship between the two.

“We have the same understanding of the urgency of overcoming the pandemic and the same understanding of the urgency of economic and social recovery”– said Marcelo, explaining that we have a “unique opportunity to make a qualitative leap” in the post-pandemic scenario. “If we can make a quantum leap forward together, it will be a huge step,” added the head of state, who called João Lourenço “my president,” as Angola assumed leadership of the Community of Portuguese Countries (CPLP) in September.

The videoconference debates between them took place at the end of the 4th Eurasian Forum at the initiative of the Council of the Portuguese Diaspora. However, covid-19 was at the center of the conversation, mediated by journalist Cristina Estevez. “When it comes to economic and social development and economic recovery, there is a fundamental priority issue. Most of the world is in a pandemic, ”said Marcelo. He warned that while we are moving from a “pandemic to an endemic,” it is still present and leaves traces: “The pandemic exists and determines the economic and social start, the ability to withstand the coming years.”

See also  International students may need to leave the US if their university transitions into online learning only

Lack of solidarity

Despite a reminder that the vaccine “does not solve the problem like a magic bullet,” the Portuguese president recalled that it was “a possible solution to fight the pandemic.” And he believes that international efforts to share vaccines, whether through bilateral cooperation mechanisms or the global COVAX mechanism, are “still insufficient” and should be accelerated. Portugal has already pledged three million doses, already shipping at least half – most to CPLP partner countries.

On the other side of the discussion, as the leader of the country that received the donated vaccines, João Laurenzo publicly thanked the international solidarity. But he argued that more needed to be done. “The solidarity shown so far has been limited to the donation of vaccines. This is not enough. Another form of expression of solidarity would be to open up opportunities for our countries to purchase the vaccines we need with our resources, ”he said. said, referring to the “enormous difficulty” in gaining access to the vaccine market.

Continue Reading

Top News

A BOLA – Portuguese Pedro Gonçalves in the Angola (Angola) national team

Published

on

A BOLA - Portuguese Pedro Gonçalves in the Angola (Angola) national team

The vice-president of the Federation dispelled doubts about the fate of the breeder. The Football Federation of Angola (FAP) has guaranteed the succession of Portuguese coach Pedro Gonçalves, who leads the Angola football team.

The information was provided by FAF Vice President Jose Carlos Miguel, who also said that although Angola’s qualifications for the 2022 Qatar World Cup were compromised, the work designed by Pedro Gonçalves provides guarantees for the future.

“The FAF board has no plans to get rid of Professor Pedro Gonçalves despite the fact that we do not have good results on the field, but in terms of adding new players and restructuring the team, we believe that the work“ And this gives us guarantees of a better future, so we we will continue the work developed by Professor Pedro Gonçalves, ”he said.

The confirmation came a few days after speculation that the FAF intended to terminate the coach’s contract over qualifying results for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

In truth, Pedro Gonçalves made history by taking the U-17 team to the World Cup in Brazil. From his team came Angolan footballers who made their dream of going to Europe come true: Domingos Andrade (Sporting U-23), David (U-23 Sp. Braga), Capita (Lille U-23), Zito (Cagliari, Italy, on loan). at Cosmo) and Abdul Bari (U23 Leixões). After working for Academia do Sporting for several years, the coach took over the team in 2014, where he signed a contract with 1º de Agosto.

Now in 13 games for the Angola national team, the Portuguese coach has won five, lost seven and one draw (13 goals scored and 13 conceded).

See also  Woman attacks Black Lives Matter demonstrators with hockey sticks in Canada

In the race for the World Cup, Angola has three points in four games and is last in Group F, Gabon is third with four, Egypt leads with 10 and Libya is second with six.

Pedro Gonçalves and Celesao return to their November 11 game in Luanda against Egypt, which they lost 1-0 in the first round, and end the group stage three days later when they visit Libya, which they also lost. in the second round with the same result.

Continue Reading

Trending