Connect with us

Top News

Facebook and YouTube scramble to delete ‘Plandemic’ videos

Published

on

Facebook and YouTube scramble to delete 'Plandemic' videos

Earlier this week, a Southern California filmmaker posted his latest productions on Facebook and YouTube and let the social media platform do what they made: make the video viral.

Within a few days, the 26-minute video spread like wildfire, sweeping away millions of viewers and attracting many new fans. The video, called “Plandemic,” looks like a serious documentary, with good interviews interspersed with unpleasant news and music footage. But it spreads the corona virus conspiracy theory, which can encourage viewers to ignore public health recommendations or try ineffective or dangerous treatments for viral infections.

On Thursday, the social media company where the video breed promised to stop the spread of video. They are now struggling to stop new copies from appearing. At the time of publication of this article, links to or versions of videos are still available on Facebook and YouTube.

Medical misinformation has proliferated on major social media platforms for years, especially around the topic of vaccine safety. The platform has promised to more strongly enforce misinformation policies, but the task has proven difficult for companies whose services are designed to enable users to reach large audiences with little supervision. But the coronavirus crisis has become fertile ground for conspiracy theories, inspiring viral videos that have spawned stories of international intrigue and profitable profit associations since they were almost founded.

The “Plandemic” video centers on interviews with a Researcher named Judy Milkovits, whose false claims include the notion that rich people intentionally spread new corona viruses to increase vaccination rates in the general population and that wearing a mask can actually worsen the symptoms of the virus.

See also  New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern was rocked by an earthquake during a TV interview

In a statement, a Facebook representative said that the company was removing videos from Facebook and Instagram and rejecting ads that included videos, as part of their policy to remove misinformation related to COVID-19 that could cause damage in the near future. Writing company in a blog post in mid-April which directed more than 2 billion people to examine factual information from the World Health Organization to try and fight misinformation about a pandemic.

“Suggesting that wearing a mask can make you sick can cause danger,” a Facebook representative said when asked about the “Plandemic” video response, “so we have deleted the video.”

YouTube has posted a notice about video uploads that read: “This video has been removed because it violates YouTube Community Guidelines.” The Vimeo video platform also says that it works to delete videos, and Twitter has blocked hashtags and searches related to videos.

Mikki Willis, the filmmaker behind the video, is listed as founder and chief executive at the Elevate website, a production company based in Ojai. Willis has many followers on Facebook. In recent weeks, he asked his followers to choose a name for his latest video (other candidates including “The Oath” and “Invisible Enemy”), and published a long post claiming to link WHO with conspiracy theories surrounding the Foreign Council. Relationship and the recent death of Jeffrey Epstein.

Video virality is driven by online anti-vaccine conspiracy theory activists, according to coverage in the MIT Technology Review. When YouTube began removing video copies on Thursday, supporters took their Twitter nerves, making the video’s title a hot topic, sparking further attention and media coverage.

See also  Amazon workers track coronavirus cases themselves

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The future of the oceans is in the hands of the youth

Published

on

The future of the oceans is in the hands of the youth

“It’s in the hands of the young protect the planet and especially oceans“That was the main message. Youth and Innovation Forum during United Nations Ocean Conferenceon the beach of Carcavelos, Portugal.

The presence on the beach of actor Jason Momoa, known for his roles in Aquaman and the TV series Game of Thrones, is intended to convey to the younger generation the importance of combating climate change.

At the end of this meeting, Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa issued a warning: “To be heard and to be important in the climate or in the oceans, they must fight and win in your name. be your main allies, but not the majority.”

UN Secretary General António Guterres gave a speech about my guilt. “Let me start with the words of the President of Portugal to apologize on behalf of my generation to your generation in connection with the state of the oceans, the state of biodiversity and the state of climate change,” António Guterres said.

The Oceans Conference will be held in Lisbon until the end of this week and will be attended by Heads of State and Government from all continents.

See also  Portuguese Parliament Debates Budget and May Overthrow Socialist Government - 10/27/2021
Continue Reading

Top News

Thiago Monteiro in 14th and 15th before the arrival of the WTCR in Portugal – Observer

Published

on

Thiago Monteiro in 14th and 15th before the arrival of the WTCR in Portugal - Observer

Portuguese driver Thiago Monteiro (Honda) finished 14th and 15th this Sunday in the two World Touring Car Cup (WTCR) races held in Aragon, Spain, which precede the Vila Real race.

The Portuguese rider always rode in the tail, he was hindered by the fact that Honda had more excess weight than his rivals.

“If they told me that I would be in this position, I would not believe it. But the reality is that we have not been able to withstand a number of adversities. From the moment when the pace is much lower than other rivals, we are prepared in advance. It’s heartbreaking,” the Portuguese rider began his explanation after the fourth round of the championship.

The Portuguese rider struggled to find the best balance in his Civic, as did his teammate, Hungarian Attila Tassi.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

“We still had problems, and we could not reach the full potential of the car. It was very difficult, unpleasant and discouraging, especially since we are going to Vila Real and this scenario does not suit me. But we will have to continue to look for our own path and believe that everything will work out, ”Thiago Monteiro concluded.

Belgian Giles Magnus (Audi) and Spaniard Mikel Ascona (Hyundai) won both races on Sunday.

Ascona leads the league with 129 points, while Thiago Monteiro is 16th with 12 points.

The WTCR competition in Portugal will take place next weekend in Vila Real.

Continue Reading

Top News

Joao Almeida became the champion of Portugal in cycling

Published

on

Joao Almeida became the champion of Portugal in cycling

This Sunday, Portuguese cyclist João Almeida (UAE-Emirates) became the Portuguese champion in cross-country cycling for the first time, winning the elite national championships held in Mogaduro.

In his first online race since Joao Almeida was forced to pull out of the Vuelta Italia after testing positive for the coronavirus, he won his first national title since becoming time trial champion in 2021.

Almeida crossed the finish line in Mogadora, covering the 167.5 km distance in 4:08.42 hours, 52 seconds behind Thiago Antunes (Efapel) second, Fabio Costa (Glassdrive-Q8-Anicolor) third, and Rui Oliveira (UAE). – Emirates), fourth.

In the end, João Almeida stated that he was “very pleased” with the victory, admitting that the race “went very well” and thanking his teammates.

Former national champion José Neves (W52-FC Porto) did not finish the race, as did Rafael Reis (Glassdrive-Q8-Anicolor) who won the time trial title on Friday.

See also  Katie Hill said she "cried for several days" after the Republicans took her seat
Continue Reading

Trending