Connect with us

Top News

CA Republican demands to block Gavin Newsom’s voice-by-mail order

Published

on

CA Republican demands to block Gavin Newsom's voice-by-mail order

The Republican National Committee, the Republican National Congress Committee and the Republican Party of California sued Governor Gavin Newsom and State Secretary Alex Padilla on Sunday, claiming the executive order to send ballots to all registered voters in the state was an “illegal force” take “which invited potential fraud .

Newsom’s order, which aims to enable voters to avoid exposure to the corona virus, will send ballots to all registered voters including inactive voters. This raises concerns that ballots sent to people who have moved or died will eventually be filled and submitted, unless the voter list is checked and cleared before the ballots are sent. Many Republicans have expressed concern that Democrats may try to use these ballots inappropriately, to swing races in their interests.

“In the direct struggle for legislative authority, Governor Newsom issued an executive order intended to rewrite the entire electoral code for the November 2020 election cycle,” the complaint said, filed Sunday in the U.S. District Court. for the Eastern California District. “This impudent power struggle is not validated by state law and violates the U.S. Election Clause and Constitutional Choice Clause.”

The lawsuit claims Newsom “has created a recipe for disaster” by ordering ballots to be sent to all registered people to vote including inactive voters, arguing that “it invites fraud.” Republicans also claim that by giving Newsom the only power to determine where and if direct elections will take place, it will lead to “arbitrary and separate treatment from individual voters,” violating the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Amendment Amendment Clause.

See also  Portuguese Parliament Debates Budget and May Overthrow Socialist Government - 10/27/2021

As an example of a possible violation, the complaint notes that ballots sent easily can be intercepted by the wrong party if they send the wrong address to the wrong address or if the recipient lives in a large residential building. In addition, Republicans write, voters can be vulnerable to pressure from others when voting outside the private, secret boundaries of the voting booth.

Republicans also claim large-scale voting as such can lead to violations involving third-party ballot collectors.

Complaints ask for a court order against the enforcement of an order and a declaration of a declaration from a court that considers it to violate the law.

“Democrats continue to use this pandemic as a tactic to carry out their partisan election agenda, and Governor Newsom’s executive order is the latest direct attack on the integrity of our election,” RNC Chairman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement. “Newsom’s illegal power struggle is a recipe for disaster that will destroy the trust that California people deserve in the security of their voices.”

Fox News contacted the Newsom office to comment but received no response.

Former Representative Darrell Issa, R-Calif., Filed his own lawsuit against Newsom on an order last week. Issa, who has run for the seat of the former Rep. Duncan Hunter after his resignation, claimed in his complaint that Newsom’s order could cause “countless voters to be discarded or not counted.” He also claimed that the costs of the Issa campaign would increase and that it would force him to “re-evaluate his electoral strategy,” Politico and Court News reported.

See also  Portugal joins the fight to end violence against women

Newsom and other Democrats, however, say the coronavirus pandemic is guaranteed to take drastic steps to send ballots that are not present to everyone so voters do not need to expose themselves to the crowd at the polls, thus risking capturing or spreading COVID-19.

“Elections and the right to vote are the basis of our democracy,” Newsom said in a statement after signing an order earlier this month. “No California citizen should be forced to risk their health to exercise their right to vote.” Ronn

Newsom acknowledged when he announced the order that voting by mail was not always ideal, and stressed that California citizens would continue to have access to direct election sites, so that balloting by mail would not be needed.

“Ballots by mail are not the perfect solution for everyone, and I hope public health experts and state and legislative partnership secretaries will create safer personal opportunities for Californians who cannot vote by mail,” he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portugal beat Switzerland with Gonçalo Ramos hat-trick to play Morocco in World Cup quarter-finals – Observer

Published

on

Portugal beat Switzerland with Gonçalo Ramos hat-trick to play Morocco in World Cup quarter-finals - Observer

Absence of Ronaldo, favorite song and game with Morocco. Gonzalo Ramos sums up a (beautiful) night he never dreamed of

Goncalo Ramos’ debut as a starter at the World Cup saw him score three goals and have a great night. Although there was talk before the game about the absence of CR7 in the starting lineup, the Benfica player said that it was different in the dressing room: “Honestly, in our dressing room, no one talked about it. Cristiano as our captain did what he does in every game. He helped us, motivated us and gave me a word of encouragement both for himself and for everyone else.”

After explaining at a press conference that he only had time to call his parents and best friends, Gonçalo Ramos turned to the next game, in which Portugal would “come out with everything”. “The game against Morocco will start 0-0. Today’s score doesn’t matter anymore.”

When asked about today’s performance, the Benfica player said that even in his wildest dreams he never thought of making his debut in the starting lineup in the World Cup playoffs with a hat-trick. “In relation to exemplary players, Ronaldo is an idol for many. I also like Lewandowski and Ibrahimovic.”

In a more relaxed moment, journalists asked Ramos what his favorite song is and what song he would like to hear when he scores goals. “This song contains profanity. Maybe it’s better not to mention it. Another? The music when we score is good. This can continue.”

After the press conference, Gonzalo Ramos went to receive the Man of the Match trophy. Upon receiving the award, he was asked which of his teammates he would give it to if he could choose: “I would give it to the whole team, because without the whole team it’s impossible to win games.”

See also  Portuguese Parliament Debates Budget and May Overthrow Socialist Government - 10/27/2021
Continue Reading

Top News

Turismo Centro de Portugal promotes discussion on the importance of the Portuguese route to Santiago for the region : Gazeta Rural

Published

on

Turismo Centro de Portugal promotes discussion on the importance of the Portuguese route to Santiago for the region : Gazeta Rural

BUT Tourism in Central Portugal organizes on December 19 and 20 two conferences on the importance of Caminhos de Santiago tourism product in Central Portugal.

The colloquium will take place in melkhada you Covilhã and offer a reflection on Structuring, Knowing, Experience and Dynamizing different layouts portuguese way santiago, with a focus on the importance of this tourism product for the local economy.

The first action, on the 19th, will take place at the Cineeatro Messias, in Mealhada, a municipality that is on the Caminho Português Central route. The next day, the stage will be the Hall of the Municipal Assembly of Covilhã, the city where the Caminho Português Nascente takes place.

Registration is free and mandatory via the following links:
Colloquium in Mealhada, December 19 – https://bit.ly/caminhosMealhada
Colloquium in Covilhã, 20/12 – https://bit.ly/caminhosCovilha

Work will take place in the morning, from 10:00 to 13:00. In the afternoon (15:00 – 16:30) there will be a practical part with a short walk along the section of the Portuguese route to Santiago, so it is advisable that the participants be prepared for this purpose.

The initiative is aimed at the community, as well as local and regional public and private organizations. It will bring together speakers and participants from the fields of culture, spirituality, tourism and heritage, who will conduct a dialogue on these topics and their prospects for future development in the central region of Portugal.

The colloquium is held as part of a cross-border project “Kaminos – the Jacobin trails of the western peninsula” (POCTEP Interreg) and enjoy the support of the municipalities of Mealhada and Covilhã.

See also  Portuguese Parliament Debates Budget and May Overthrow Socialist Government - 10/27/2021

The Portuguese way is becoming more and more popular

The Camino de Santiago is of great interest to visitors and the number of pilgrims arriving in Santiago de Compostela is increasing. According to the Pilgrims’ Office, the increase in the number of pilgrims along the Portuguese Way has been notorious, which has affected the local economy, namely the accommodation and catering sectors. Turismo Centro de Portugal aims to improve this cultural and religious route.

The cross-border project Caminos – Rede Transborderiça de Caminhos Jacobeus do Oeste Peninsular includes 10 Spanish partners and 3 Portuguese partners and has as its main mission the dissemination of the various routes of the Camino de Santiago, as well as the promotion of its natural and cultural values ​​and its potential tourist.

It also seeks to ensure closer contact between territorial agents in order to create synergies with all social and economic agents associated with the Way, improve equipment, signaling and ICT application on the routes in order to provide them with the necessary infrastructure, thereby increasing the cross-border cultural offer.

It also intends to create conditions for increasing the number of travelers and pilgrims on the various Jacobin routes in the west of the peninsula, promoting the economic development of both territories through tourism-related resources, increasing the competitiveness of the area, increasing employment in the tourism sector and improving the quality of cross-border tourism products and services. .

Continue Reading

Top News

The Portuguese still hasn’t scored in the playoffs of the World Cup

Published

on

The Portuguese still hasn't scored in the playoffs of the World Cup

It was not enough to fight for the title in Portugal., Cristiano Ronaldo often subjected to pressure Lionel Messi at the 2022 World Cup. Guaranteed in the quarterfinals, the Argentine star is finally scored his first knockout goal at the World Cup, in a victory over Australia, in the 1/8 finals. The Portuguese remains empty in the decisive stages of the competition.

Also participating in his fifth and probably the last Cup in his winning career.In total, Ronaldo has scored eight goals in World Cups. All were noted at the group stages (one in Germany-2006, one in South Africa-2010, one in Brazil-2014, four in Russia-2018 and so far one in Qatar-2022).

At the age of 37, CR7 scored in an edition on Qatari soil only in his debut. He scored a penalty goal that paved the way for a long-suffering 3-2 victory over Ghana. Then, in matches against Uruguay and South Korea, he collected missed opportunities, got offside several times and, above all, became the object of even more contestation. from the critics.

Even against the Uruguayans, the No. 7 Portuguese finished the match believing he had scored the first goal in a 2-0 win. and backstage – who touched the ball with his head (or hair) on a cross by Bruno Fernandez, who at the time, and also after a FIFA reassessment, was confirmed as the author.

Is free ball marketbecause the contract was terminated by mutual agreement Manchester United, Ronaldo has only five finishes in the 2022 Cup so far: two correct and three incorrect. Today with nine goals at the world championships, Lionel Messimeanwhile, has 12 shots (eight correct and four incorrect) – only in the group stage.

See also  A $ 400,000 vacation home in Riverside County

Even after several controversies in England, the veteran striker could not avoid controversy in the national team. The latter came in the defeat against South Korea, in the last round of group H. He could have been spared, like a large part of the team, but he was kept in the starting lineup, mainly because he wants, among other goals, score nine goals in World Cups and equal his historical compatriot Eusebio And now too Messi.

Despite such determination, CR7 proved to be the team’s worst player in a 2-0 loss. To make matters worse, when he was substituted 20 minutes into the second half, he left complaining about the bench: He said these words: “you s… hurry to get me out”🇧🇷 The flash did not find a response in the technical commission, to the point that coach Fernando Santos publicly says he “didn’t like anything” from what he saw.

Between criticism and controversial cases, Cristiano Ronaldo is unlikely to be taken out of the starting XI, especially in the decisive phase. Despite the problems, he remains a big attacking hope for Portugal, who will face Switzerland this Tuesday (6th) at the Lusail Stadium in the round of 16.

Continue Reading

Trending